Dinner with Bono in October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jag0918

Refugee
You read it right...onOctober 21 Bono will be in Philadelphia @ the Univ of Penn for a speech...a friend of mine hooked me up & I will be one of the very lucky people that is going to be attending the speech, cocktails & dinner with Bono...a little nervous? O YEAH
Security is stressing no cameras allowed...WTF?? Well I guess no camera, but I gotta get something autographed. Most importanlty though, wtf do I say to the guy? Im going to be extremely nervous when Im shaking his hand....omg its a month away!!!
"Hey Bono can you please pass the salt?"..yeah right
I'll probably ask him if he wants to do a shot of jager!

I know but I think Im really nervous cuz a lot of big 'suits' are gonne be there..I think Im gonna rent a tuz & wear my black ONE tee-shirt underneath

Well all I can say, is that his man has touched my life, my soul, and my spirit...Im going to really meet him, its really a special thing to talk about...and its really going to happen. I think Im going to write down what Im going to say and read it to him holding back the tears.
Probably tell him what an honor it is to meet a man that has touched someone on so many levels. This will be a moment I will cherish always. Probably the 3d biggest moment beneath the 1. birth of my daughter
2. the moment she first opened her eyes
3. meeting Bono
...ok Im gonna listen to One Step Closer til I pass out tonght...peace ya'll

bono_man2002 said:
question for bono?.....why not touring australia?

Good One :)

Yeah, ask him what the bands plans are for next year! Whats the betting that his answer will be different from the one I got when I asked him in June!!!!!

Enjoy yourself though - he is a great, funnny guy who is easy to talk to - once you get over the fact that it is BONO stood infront of you!! lol

Lisa

at a similar dinner meeting in Portland last fall (which followed a talk) about 100 people attended (my friend being one of them). Bono stepped in for a minute, said hi, and left without talking to anyone......

jag0918 said:
"Hey Bono can you please pass the salt?"

:lol:

that means something completely different to the people who frequent the forum "it's official."

in fact, i think it would be the PERFECT thing to say to him.

jag0918 said:
Well all I can say, is that his man has touched my life, my soul, and my spirit...Im going to really meet him, its really a special thing to talk about...and its really going to happen. I think Im going to write down what Im going to say and read it to him holding back the tears.
Probably tell him what an honor it is to meet a man that has touched someone on so many levels. This will be a moment I will cherish always. Probably the 3d biggest moment beneath the 1. birth of my daughter
2. the moment she first opened her eyes
3. meeting Bono
...ok Im gonna listen to One Step Closer til I pass out tonght...peace ya'll

This is so cool to hear coming from a guy. I am willing to bet the meeting will go just fine and you will have the awesome memory most fans would practically do anything to experience. So get the tux and definitely wear the black One shirt (Excellent choice I must say), be calm cool and collected, carry on great conversation (as well as the questions presented here) and we will all be counting on your full report the very next morning if not sooner than that! :wink:

i agree with the more shows in Australia

please please tell him that... i'll be your friend :wink:

nah that is such an awesome experience, congrats! the only thing you should do, is remember it for the rest of your life, and tell it as one of "thoes" stories to your grand children!!

So where at Penn is the speech? Who is it being given to and why? How did your friend get hooked up with tickets in the first place, and what credentials does a fellow Philadelphian need to get hooked up too? .... Oh yeah, and ask him where my U2.com keychain is. ;]

ask him how he feels about 'Mercy'...then convince him it's a good thing to play 'Mofo' and 'Ultraviolet' again...! :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom