"Different" U2 Opener

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoopop

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Listening to EBTTRT, I was thinking how it could be a cool opener. Lights go out, crowd cheering, then you hear Edge's pedal...

Besides what U2 have used as openers (Mofo, COBL, Streets,Zoo Station), what song do you think would make a great opener?

Wasn't ABOY used for an opener?

And wasn't UTEOTW rehearsed during the Elevation Tour as an opener?

ABOY does work.

40!!! they should just start from the finish! lol. jk....

in all seriousness, I'd love to see a start with The Fly, I love the Edges opening riff there. Or maybe I will follow, or i do think ABOY would be nice....hmmm......

maybe, just maybe.....:wink:

Zooropa-Lights go out, the "babel" intro plays over a stage that is increasingly well lit. The wah-ish guitar riff starts up, and we can only see Edge and Bono. When they launch into the "And I have no purpose" section, the arena is awash in blues, greens, and purples, offering something of a U2gasm. :drool: :drool:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Doubt it, I can't think of anytime U2 hasn't opened with something off the new album since ZooTV...

They opened with UTEOTW at the Astoria gig in London as a warm up to the Elevation Tour.. it was stunning.

zoopop said:
Wasn't ABOY used for an opener?

No. Closest it got was second.

The HTDAAB songs that opened were COBL, Vertigo, and LAPOE.

Salome said:
Hawkmoon 269

All eight of its live performances were as the opener. It needs to come back.

Personally, I think Zooropa is a song that's crying out to be an opener. It would be awesome.

coolian2 said:
Dirty Day

Agree. If anyone has seen Pearl Jam open with Long Road...it works. Play a couple of slow songs...then hit the crowd over the head. Maybe Dirty Day/Stay/Bullet The Blue Sky?

It'll never happen, but it's fun to imagine...

Nate Dogg said:

Agree. If anyone has seen Pearl Jam open with Long Road...it works. Play a couple of slow songs...then hit the crowd over the head. Maybe Dirty Day/Stay/Bullet The Blue Sky?

It'll never happen, but it's fun to imagine...

You could get a pretty good hard cut with Dirty Day/Bad/Bullet The Blue Sky, or even just stick with the late Zoo TV set of Dirty Day -> Bullet The Blue Sky

Zooropa would be mind blowing:up:
They really need to mix up that setlist. There are far too many songs that would send us into orbit if done live.:drool:

They should open with In God's Country for the next tour. Obviously tuned down a couple of steps to cope with Bono's range.

Seriously, how fucking amazing would that be? They have a wooshy organ kind of intro playing a couple of chords, similar to Streets, and then Larry gets on the 4/4 kick drum which shakes the arena, and Edge goes right into that D/Am riff.

That would be fucking epic.

Canadiens1160 said:
They should open with In God's Country for the next tour. Obviously tuned down a couple of steps to cope with Bono's range.

Seriously, how fucking amazing would that be? They have a wooshy organ kind of intro playing a couple of chords, similar to Streets, and then Larry gets on the 4/4 kick drum which shakes the arena, and Edge goes right into that D/Am riff.

That would be fucking epic.

They've opened with that song once or twice during the Lovetown tour.

^ Yep, it starts out slow, just Bono & Edge for the first verse, then Adam comes in for the "Desert Rose..." part, then it picks up and Larry joins the party. Great, great version, one of my favs.

Back
Top Bottom