Differences between Mp3's and the CD versions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThePuttKing

The Fly
The mp3's I downloaded a couple of weeks ago are different to the real versions on the CD I have just bought.

Vertigo - Stronger Vocals on the CD version. Guitar is less prominant as well. More quiet.

Miracle Drug - Stronger vocals and The Edge's singing is alot more louder and easier to understand. The CD version is miles better. My mp3 version sounds distorted especially the guitar during the chorus part.

Yahweh - A big difference. On my mp3 during the chorus there is a really loud guitar riff. It sounds brilliant. On my CD version this guitar part is totally different. More muted and understated. The song loses something because of this.

There are others I could mention.

Has anybody else noticied these differences ?

there are no differences. what you're hearing is the reduced quality of compressing to mp3. i'm assuming you have the 128 kbps versions... listen to any cd you own and compare it to the 128 kbps mp3's of the same songs.

Vertigo - Stronger Vocals on the CD version. Guitar is less prominant as well. More quiet.

Miracle Drug - Stronger vocals and The Edge's singing is alot more louder and easier to understand. The CD version is miles better. My mp3 version sounds distorted especially the guitar during the chorus part.

Yahweh - A big difference. On my mp3 during the chorus there is a really loud guitar riff. It sounds brilliant. On my CD version this guitar part is totally different. More muted and understated. The song loses something because of this.

I agree it sounds really different in terms of the guitar/vocal mix.

Back
Top Bottom