Did you see this? NASTY remarks about our boys!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocoustic

War Child
Not sure if this has been posted already, it's kind of old, and I've been away from the forum for a while.

From rollingstone.com editorial page "Well Hung At Dawn":

"Bonoman2000 writes:
'Just curious...the sick hatred of one of the last great rock bands, U2, what gives? Is it because they're 'too popular'? Are you one of those guys? Cos I hate that shit. But I respect the view of WHAD. Once again, I'm just curious.'

"Response: Besides the fact that Bono is a sanctimonious dwarf and that the album is essentially an Eric Clapton record with less interesting guitar solos, we hate U2 mostly for creating this bullshit idea that they're the 'last great rock band.' If you're really curious, come back next column and we'll tell you all about the many great rock bands currently making relevant powerful guitar music that pisses all over U2's psuedo-soul treacle . . ."

[This message has been edited by Zoocoustic (edited 01-03-2002).]

those guys hate everyone. i read that column sometimes and they're always ripping into someone. mean people suck.

Response: They have nothing better to do than bash whomever's "popular but unpopular" at whatever point in time it is. Blah on them too.

------------------
"It's all about drums."

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Those remarks remind me of when the Joshua Tree Record was being released. Some journalist/critic wrote in his column that it was U2's worst work and a real let-down to the previous album. I wonder where that journalist/critic is now...lol. Same goes for whomever wrote what's in this post. They
can't possibly have much of "a clue" about U2. Beyond that, "they're" not worth the energy of a further response........

Ggrr

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97%compatible with Bono
"Perhaps Miss PLEBA herself"
~Gypsy~

"Bono...a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

This guy is just pissed because the doctor won't renew his dick itch cream, which he obviously has to rub all over his body . . .

Pusswad . . .Just my little diddy . . . .

"If you want a way out, Silver and Gold . . ."

"Mister I ain't got nothin, but it's more than you got"

Well Hung At Dawn - their moniker says it all. They oughta be. Seriously, these two morons slag off everyone. They're not to be taken seriously. Their last great 'laugh' was making fun of Thom Yorke because of his funny eye and club foot (what?).

------------------
"The animals, baby"

Eric Clapton record with less interesting guitar solos?? hahahahahahahahahahaha oh, my sides are hurting..hahahahahahahaha

These guys can't be serious. They know they're a couple o' washed-up, mullet-head, rock wannabes, and that U2 has continued to kick-booty for over 20 years. Oh, man, is their site strictly satire? I mean, really? hahahahahahahahahahaha

I'm the guy who sent that question to the WHAD fellows. I read that column a lot and he always has something nasty to say about the boys, Bono in particular. It's funny that they replied, I didn't know until I read this post. Well, to each his own...I stand firm in my believe that he hates them because they are popular. That's the dumbest shit.

------------------
Mac Phisto's N.Y. Headquarters

Originally posted by Zoocoustic:
Not sure if this has been posted already, it's kind of old, and I've been away from the forum for a while.

From rollingstone.com editorial page "Well Hung At Dawn":

"Bonoman2000 writes:
'Just curious...the sick hatred of one of the last great rock bands, U2, what gives? Is it because they're 'too popular'? Are you one of those guys? Cos I hate that shit. But I respect the view of WHAD. Once again, I'm just curious.'

"Response: Besides the fact that Bono is a sanctimonious dwarf and that the album is essentially an Eric Clapton record with less interesting guitar solos, we hate U2 mostly for creating this bullshit idea that they're the 'last great rock band.' If you're really curious, come back next column and we'll tell you all about the many great rock bands currently making relevant powerful guitar music that pisses all over U2's psuedo-soul treacle . . ."

But U2 ARE the "last great rock band." Everyone else is copying U2's style (see Creed) or is too close to old-school grunge or new-style pop, not to mention the rap-rock artists.

Radiohead, for example, is not in U2's category for "rock" bands. I do not like Radiohead at this point in time (I do like "Bends" - but nothing after that); however, like them or not, they simply aren't the "rockers" that U2 are. They don't have some powerful anthem to bring down the house in a live setting. In contrast, U2 have several ("Streets," "Bad," "Pride," "Beautiful Day," etc.). R.E.M. is always great, but right now, they lack the popularity of U2. Creed has the popularity, but not the originality or spirit that I saw in U2 at the same point in their careers. There are some other rock bands out there, but they have yet to prove themselves beyond the one- or two-hit wonder stage. And NO popular rock band has been around for 20 years with the same four members and has maintained a consistent level of success.

Rolling Stone the magazine is great. RollingStone.com has a LOT to learn (and, other than their basic news and information section, is pure crap).

Oh my god! We've been wrong all this time! We've all been thinking U2 is a great band, but really they're not! We should thank those guys for opening our eyes and allowing us to realize that U2 is crap, and that we would be better off listening to Van Halen or Yngwie Malmsteen.

------------------
It's the Bono Action Figure!

That made me laugh.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 01-04-2002).]

You can't see me but I'm giving them (WHAD)the finger right now
smile.gif

doctorwho- I agree with what you said ( I usually do)and I haven't liked any Radiohead as well as the Bends, either. Hence, my intense love for U2... the music I listen to has to ROCK!

Back
Top Bottom