Did you see "House"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SunBloc

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Did anybody see the episode Tues. night on FOX? The patient with the unknown disease this week was a thinly disguised Bono.... That was STRANGE!!!!!

I think the episode's title is TB or not TB...

Last edited:
I don't know if it was "thinly" disguised. Ron Livingston played a doctor who was an advocate for Africa, specificly for medication access. The character was a celebrity because of his charity work, not for being any kind of artist/entertainer.

Though I can't say the thought didn't cross my mind when I watched it.

Huh.... I did think he was vaguely attractive in some way I couldn't quite recognize...must have been some subconcious connection to Bono.

House :rockon:

house not my thing, but i tought of bono

:help: Arreested Development :rockon: :help:

Wow....not in the least like Bono. :|

There are thousands of doctors in Africa right now giving AIDS aide whether or not they even know about Bono. And they've been doing it for much longer than Bono's interest in Africa.
If it was a zealous rockstar with oversized shades making calls to politicians, I'd be in complete agreement with you.

the thought crossed my mind that he was similar to bono

funny because i had just finished arguing with my dad about U2 and Bono being awesome, and they were saying that this guy was so great and i wanted to laugh at my dad

bwahaha

funny, that's what i said the first time that episode was on. as a joke, though, designed to piss someone off. right QBeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? :wink:

re-runs :down:

Last edited:
Just could not help notice the similarities though:

- The cover of Newsweek
- The patient was a celebrity advocate for disease in Africa
- The doctors wrote the disease possibilities on a huge white
board. On the top of the list was a big "Vertigo"
- Someone was telling Dr. House who the patient was, and House said " I know, I saw the concert"
- They obviously tried to find a Bono look-a-like (kind of)
- The patient was a "media-whore"

In any case, It was just similar enough to Bono to make the show not completely boring!!

Back
Top Bottom