Did indie 103.1 issue an apology?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no. unfortunately, i don't think anyone really asked for one, unless you count the "fuck you! fuck you!" emails that were sent to them.

for the record, i still think 103.1 should be burned to the ground, or at least vandalized, but otherwise, i'm over the whole thing.

mikal said:
no. unfortunately, i don't think anyone really asked for one, unless you count the "fuck you! fuck you!" emails that were sent to them.

for the record, i still think 103.1 should be burned to the ground, or at least vandalized, but otherwise, i'm over the whole thing.

Yeah that was pretty low down what they pulled i mean they even made a commercial saying they would play Vertigo by name. :mad:

Rollins replied to a few emails, which was very commendable.

Personally, I don't think the station should apologize for anything. So the station pulled a prank; we still got a full days worth of good music in.

If they would've played Vertigo and not announced it, there would be a million "fuck you" letters sent to them for not advertising it before hand.

People are gonna agree, people are gonna disagree. I rode the day out listening online, accomplishing nothing, and yes I was disappointed, but I also think it was hysterical. We bit, hook, line & sinker.

We were effectively "punk'd" - and shouldn't be sore losers about it. ;)

Maybe it wasn't a prank, maybe they thought they would somehow get their hands on a copy of the song and it fell through. I still love Indie, where else on the radio can you hear U2, Elvis Costello and The Clash on a daily basis?

starsgoblue said:
Smiley, I for one could have done alot better things on my Labor day weekend than be a slave to the radio playing the same 20 songs over and over again.

I deduce from your remark that you couldn't. You were a slave to the radio.

Hey, people are complaining when they hear U2 all day long on the radio. :p

Gee, I wish there was a radio station in the Netherlands who would do something like this... :wink:

:D

*is a slave to Interference*

EvolutionMonkey said:
Not that i know of but just to let Canadians know Live in Boston is on MuchMoreMusic right now, sorry for this interuption please continue. :D

Do you know if there will be a repeat of the Boston show later tonight on Much?! :scratch:

The radio station better apologize!:mad:

what time (EST) was it on Much More Music? usually they put the concerts on a little bit later, no?

While I did not listen to the station all day, I did listen some - but wasn't bummed when the song wasn't played. I knew in a few short weeks we'd have the song anyway - and I got to hear lots of U2 music on Labor Day! Yay!

However, some of the people who did write to complain stated that they did get a reply. I'm not sure if one could technically call it an apology - it was more of an explanation. The station claimed that they thought they were getting the song to play on Labor Day. They had made the promos and such and then most of the crew was gone for the weekend. They then said that Universal changed their minds and decided to postpone the debut of the song. But as this occurred after everyone at the station had already "left", they couldn't change their promos. In other words, the station was blaming the label for suddenly changing the release date of the song.

This sounds feasible except for one thing: Universal ALWAYS said the song would be released on the 24th. This was set in stone! They never said Labor Day, or any other time in September. Fans knew of this release date for some time. Therefore, it appears that either the station is lying even more or someone is really confused there.

Back
Top Bottom