Did he do it again.....?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angell

The Fly
Did anyone else see this? I had to work Super Bowl Sunday, so I had to tape the show....my tape didn't turn out, so I had to borrow someone's copy...and as a result, I am the last U2 fan on the earth to see the halftime show. BUT ANYWAY.......during Streets..when he was running around the heart....he approaches the tip, people are throwing things at him....one just misses his head as he stops.....and it looks for all the world (to me at least) like he stops and shoots them the bird! (again) I rewound it twice, and although it was fuzzy, that's sure what it looked like! Although it did look like the "American" bird, as opposed to the "Euro" bird he displayed in the Boston vid. Did anyone else see it or am I mad? Go check the tape again and see if you see it too!

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

Actually, I remember seeing things being thrown at him but I can't recall if he flipped them anything. I remember because I was checking to see his reaction. How stupid of people to throw things at him. Anyway, I remember he dodged it, and just kept going.

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

Duh-what in the hell is the "euro" bird?? When in the 'elevation' video did he do that??
confused.gif
??
????????????????????

Originally posted by z edge:
Duh-what in the hell is the "euro" bird?? When in the 'elevation' video did he do that??
confused.gif
??
????????????????????

Duh..the "euro" bird is flipping 2 fingers backhanded (like an inverse peace sign)...whereas the American bird is a single finger(the middle one). I can't reember which song it is, but someone throws a cup or something at him and he sticks up the two fingers which constitute that gesture.

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

Originally posted by Angell:

Duh..the "euro" bird is flipping 2 fingers backhanded (like an inverse peace sign)...whereas the American bird is a single finger(the middle one). I can't reember which song it is, but someone throws a cup or something at him and he sticks up the two fingers which constitute that gesture.

Yep.. Angell's right. It's during Sunday Bloody Sunday, a minute into the beginning, and Bono has his eyes closed and he is kind of just dancing to the music and he narrowly ducks the beer can or pop can or whatever it is. Mr. LeMon had a thread with the screencaptures from that part of the DVD, I THINK posted in PLEBA.

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

[This message has been edited by elevatedmole (edited 02-14-2002).]

i thought he gave a peace sign.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Back
Top Bottom