Did Edge play the bass on the early albums ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boozyuzi

Acrobat
I know that Adam is a great bass player now but it hasn't always been that way (I've seen them every tour since 1983) and I am wondering - Did Edge help Adam out with the bass playing on the early albums ??

Anyone know ?

Edge played bass and guitar on the album version of "40," but in concert he plays bass and Adam plays guitar. Other than that, I'm pretty sure Adam was always the bass player, and a damn good one, too.

Yeah, although Adam has been known to have trouble with timing (even to the point of the Rattle & Hum base tracks being moved forward on the tape mix because he was playing too far behind the beat), I believe he played all the early album bass save for 40.

The real question is:

Did the Monkees play their own instruments?

I know the answer to that one, in case ya want to know.

80sU2isBest said:
The real question is:

Did the Monkees play their own instruments?

I know the answer to that one, in case ya want to know.

They did live and then starting with Headquaters they did on the albums. Michael Nesmith and Peter Tork were both accomplished musicians before the Monkees, and Mickey Dolenz played a little bit on guitar.

"Edge wants to be the drummer, Larry wants to be the singer, I want to play the guitar badly, and I do play the guitar badly, only Adam wants to play bass."--Bono

From what I've read of their early days, Adam was the only person who showed up who wanted to be the bass player.

Back
Top Bottom