Did Bono really say this to a fan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm almost positive that if I had Bono's money I could afford to hold my temper. :hmm:

I don't think temper has anything to do with how much money you have.
It's not like you're losing your emotions just because you have money.
Thank God people still remain human beings with all sorts of emotions, money or not.
I really don't accept this "money" argument, really.
Even though I have said before that I don't like Bono's behaviour here, but he clearly was frustrated and moody that night. No defense, just an explanation.
I guess we all have that from time to time.
I know I do, sometimes you have a hard time controlling it.
I'm not a rock star, still I think I've got some ego.

I'm almost positive that if I had Bono's money I could afford to hold my temper. :hmm:

If you had Bono's money you wouldn't have to hold your temper. ;)

...of course you would also have to constantly worry about Paul McGuinness chasing you down and beating the snot out of you to get Bono's money back. :D

It's still got to rub anyone performing for a large crowd when you see a few people seemingly not even paying attention on their phones, etc. If you want background music, you can get that at home while on the computer...

It's amazing that people are so into U2 that they'll actually defend Bono on this.

He was being a prick. Plain and simple. If he wants to tell people what to do at the concerts then maybe he should pay them insane prices so they'll listen to him sing. These are the people that payed for his mansions.

It's amazing that people are so into U2 that they'll actually defend Bono on this.

He was being a prick. Plain and simple. If he wants to tell people what to do at the concerts then maybe he should pay them insane prices so they'll listen to him sing. These are the people that payed for his mansions.

Agree.

All this bullshit 'oh he's only human' 'he was in the moment' 'Axl Rose and Tori Amos are worse.' The guy was being a prick. It shouldn't be harped on about but it should be so quickly dismissed with these excuses either

I really congratulate you guys on being perfect and never doing or saying anything wrong, always containing your temper and being in the right mood. Wow. When I grow up I want to become just like you. :happy:

In fact, you're hypocrits, sorry to say. :|

^^^ I don't think of those things as "excuses", more like reasons it happened. Fine, he was an ass at that moment, no excuse, etc... it happened. WHAT exactly do you want to hear here. :shrug:

I really congratulate you guys on being perfect and never doing or saying anything wrong, always containing your temper and being in the right mood. Wow. When I grow up I want to become just like you. :happy:

In fact, you're hypocrits, sorry to say. :|

So just because I'm not perfect does that mean I'm not allowed to call someone out when they're 'not being perfect?'

show me in my response where i stated that bono was not wrong? and don't give me none of that 'implied" bullshit. show me the exact words, "bono did no wrong", or "i support his behavior".

You didn't write the exact words 'Bono did no wrong' but you can't say you're not trivialsing and yes 'implying' he did little wrong by saying 'poor little girl got her feelings hurt run tell mummy and daddy.'

Bono apologised so it should be no big deal anymore. However I think some people do not see much wrong with what he said

Well that's the thing here really. There will always be people on both ends of the spectrum (and everywhere inbetween) on ANY subject or incident posted here. Whether it be U2's music, Bono's weight, etc. etc. etc.

your damned right i was trivializing the entire affair. that does not mean i implied he did no wrong. go back and read the 1st line of my post.
she's a stupid little girl, put up there alongside the spoiled rock star and you have a pair made in heaven. if you ask me she just an attention whore.

ooooohhhhhhh. a rock star had a fit. call out the hounds.

I don't think there has been any real over reactions 'call out the hounds I'm never going to listen to U2 again' type of comments here.

Like I said before though some people here are a little too quick to dismiss things like this though because he is a rockstar or because he was in the moment.

"Hi mom im at a u2 concert..... its really going off." hahahahahahahaha
god thats so fucking funny. hahahaha bobo just made fun of that person hahahaha ok im good ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hahahaha so funny hahaha "hi mom" hahaha

"Hi mom im at a u2 concert..... its really going off." hahahahahahahaha
god thats so fucking funny. hahahaha bobo just made fun of that person hahahaha ok im good ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hahahaha so funny hahaha "hi mom" hahaha

:lmao:

yeah that is actually pretty hilarious....

everyone is still missing the point.......

Is Bono okay????

If I was going to be on the phone during one song, this would be it though. I feel like it's the most repetitive part of every show IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom