Did Bono really say this to a fan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this further proves that Bono is a horrible human being. he only helps Africa for publicity and doesn't pay his taxes. i also hate that soccer moms like U2.

CHECK IT OUT - at the Sept 14th 2005 show in Toronto Canada during Sunday Bloody Sunday after the first chorus and the yea lets go part at 1:58 Bono screams - "put your fucking cameras down" - by the way its a good show and good version sbs bono changes the lyrics in the second verse of the song its pretty cool also the bootleg is pretty good audio.

This isnt really related, but I took this pic at a show last tour.. someone threw a water bottle towards Bono and I guess it either hit him or sprayed water on him and he got PISSED! All I could see was his mouth going 'fuck.. fucking... fucking.. fuck' :lol: So yeah, I'm sure there are a lot of things that piss him off during shows for a moment or two.

16867bonopissed.jpg

Wow, the fact that this is such a big deal really only shows how amazingly good natured Bono is normally. Personally I don't even think what he said was that terrible, even quite understandable, and not even meant offensively. And even still, he apologized. Actually for someone who is self-described as hot tempered, he has sure handled himself pretty well over the years. If this is the worst we can come up with, Bono is one unique rock star. :yes:

referring to this as "screaming" at a fan or "being yelled at like three year old" is really exaggerating. He SAYS "put down your fucking phone". Really not a big deal. And the "hi mom" bit he does after it just adds humor to it. I wouldn't fault him at all, and the apology wasn't necessary which shows he's a good guy.

OK, not defending Bono here, but I find it annoying that this single incident (or a few incidents) are singled out while most of the time he is pretty nice and polite to everyone. Not like other rockstars, who yell at their fans on a nightly basis in concerts - or do things that are much worse.

I don't think it was okay to do that and I also can imagine how the fan must have felt. Still I say Bono is human after all and he is known for being a very emotional and moody person and very much capable of anger. Some fans should get over the "Saint Bono" attitude they're having here. A person is more complex than that, they have good and bad sides, and so has Bono.

The bottom line is.....the fans pay for the tickets and unless it is stated otherwise. You should be able to take pictures.
Technically, the tickets do say "No cameras/recorders.", but the band and their security tend to overlook this.
This isnt really related, but I took this pic at a show last tour.. someone threw a water bottle towards Bono and I guess it either hit him or sprayed water on him and he got PISSED! All I could see was his mouth going 'fuck.. fucking... fucking.. fuck' :lol: So yeah, I'm sure there are a lot of things that piss him off during shows for a moment or two.

16867bonopissed.jpg
What do all these things have in common? Sunday Bloody Sunday. When you look at concert photos and DVDs, the presence of cameras/phones being held up in rare up until the Vertigo tour, when it just explodes.

I stand by my statement that I don't blame Bono one bit for getting pissed off. He was in the moment, and he wanted the fans to be in the moment with him. This isn't some fluff song, it's about the Troubles, and now moreso, war in general. I'm sure Bono would rather look down and see a group of fans being passionate about the situation with him, rather than a bunch of flashbulbs going off.

Holy crap! :eeklaugh: Wonder what he/she did!
Apparently at Tori's shows, front row tickets aren't sold, but rather fans from the back are picked out and upgraded. From what I've heard, the two girls were carrying on, not paying attention, and messing with their cell phones and whatnot. So Tori decided they didn't deserve those seats and kicked them out.

Like Bono, Tori really puts herself into the songs, and it's understandable that she'd want to look down and see the fans into it as much as she is, rather than acting like they don't care.

16867bonopissed.jpg

Bono does get pretty angry when fans throw things at him , but I can't say I blame him .

See, that is bad. I would get pissed too obviously if somebody threw a water bottle at me. But getting pissed and yelling cos a fan is taking pictures of me? is kinda :huh:

I get that it would be annoying to have a bazillion flashbulbs going off and fans not paying attention while you're singing your heart out - but I think I'd die of sadness if he yelled at me :reject: - having said that, I think I'd be so freakin' excited to be that close I'd forget how to work my phone / my camera / my legs!! :D

(maybe his headscarf was too tight that night :shrug: :lol: )

:hmm: Well ya we all have our bad days; but i gotta agree I stood in line for 15 hrs was lucky enough to hit the elipse and front stage and i too was really annoyed that someone right near me was on thier phone at the opening song, asking who ever she called "Do you know where I am?" This was the year it was most "In Vouge" to be at a U2. Cant wait for the new tour!

Bono made a bunch of fucking money off that concert, and that person is partly responsible for paying him. It shouldn't matter to him if somebody is talking on the phone at a concert or listening to a different band on their iPod at the concert. He should just shut the hell up and appreciate the fact that this person spent money that will go directly into his pocket. Fucking egocentric rock star.

Actually, it should matter. Part of the concert experience is crowd participation, and if I were next to a person carrying on a conversation at a concert that I paid good money to see, I would be annoyed with them and let them know it.....

I know! Who would have thought that a rock star would have an ego and want people to watch the show rather than talk on their fucking cell phones like they're driving or something. I guess when you buy a ticket, you've bought the person too.

:rolleyes:

Bono made a bunch of fucking money off that concert, and that person is partly responsible for paying him. It shouldn't matter to him if somebody is talking on the phone at a concert or listening to a different band on their iPod at the concert. He should just shut the hell up and appreciate the fact that this person spent money that will go directly into his pocket. Fucking egocentric rock star.

1 time in almost 30 years... Some of you crack me up.

Some people wet themselves with excitement when something like this happens. They wait and then pounce, because it gives them a teeny tiny shred of self validation that their opinions of someone (which are based on nothing but bitterness) are maybe founded after all.

:yawn:

i agree. Bono is a jerk. he's really gotta stop helping poor people. why doesn't he just give them his money. that will fix the problem. but bono needs a new pair of $100 shades, and can't afford to give it to an African child.

Bono is "the fly" crawling on the African children.

See, that is bad. I would get pissed too obviously if somebody threw a water bottle at me. But getting pissed and yelling cos a fan is taking pictures of me? is kinda :huh:

Good to know someone understood my point of view in this case .. :up:
I don´t think Bono is a SAINT and if someone throws at him something like a bottle or anything else he should take his plafatorm shoes off and throw them at the fan´s head... :D This is completely different from a fan taking some pictures..

OK, my boss is also responsible for paying me, still I don't have to take every shit from him and permanently kiss his ass. I can still get angry at someone paying me.

Sorry, but this argument is ridiculous. It's not like Bono or his kids would go hungry if this guy didn't turn up at a concert. Guess what, someone else would take his place. With the money someone is spending on a ticket Bono can not even buy a new pair of sunglasses.

"i agree. Bono is a jerk. he's really gotta stop helping poor people. why doesn't he just give them his money. that will fix the problem. but bono needs a new pair of $100 shades, and can't afford to give it to an African child."

Now you are just showing what a jerk you are. Let me put this simply (because no matter how many times it is said, you people just do not get it). The problems in Africa are not about money. They are about ignorance (step up mikal et al), corruption and injustice. You could give them a trillion dollars tomorrow and it would not help. People like Bono have worked tirelessly for years to change the attitudes to situations like this. Bono's time and hard work are far more valuable than the cost of his Armani sunglasses. He could give his money and say "Fuck it, that's all I have to do"... but he knows it is not.

What percentage of YOUR money do you give to anything - except maybe to "Sports Illustrated" and "Playboy" subscriptions.

Oh sorry, am I judging you without knowing my facts?

"i agree. Bono is a jerk. he's really gotta stop helping poor people. why doesn't he just give them his money. that will fix the problem. but bono needs a new pair of $100 shades, and can't afford to give it to an African child."

Now you are just showing what a jerk you are. Let me put this simply (because no matter how many times it is said, you people just do not get it). The problems in Africa are not about money. They are about ignorance (step up mikal et al), corruption and injustice. You could give them a trillion dollars tomorrow and it would not help. People like Bono have worked tirelessly for years to change the attitudes to situations like this. Bono's time and hard work are far more valuable than the cost of his Armani sunglasses. He could give his money and say "Fuck it, that's all I have to do"... but he knows it is not.

What percentage of YOUR money do you give to anything - except maybe to "Sports Illustrated" and "Playboy" subscriptions.

Oh sorry, am I judging you without knowing my facts?

Carrie, you obviously have never looked at a Playboy magazine to truly understand its value. step up.

Bono did not know there were cameras on cell phones. He was still convinced that their only function was uniting the world.

Two weeks later, he was informed you could make phone calls with them. A week after that, someone mentioned that cell phones could take pictures, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom