Did Bono really say this to a fan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, this guy sure likes to curse! How cool! :|

What fan would throw a shoe at the singer? :doh:

I think it's good U2 has such a clean image as a rock band. That is probably what attracts a reasonably well behaved crowd to their shows. I could be wrong but U2 have probably not had many unruly fan incidents.

This only proves at how well Vedder handled the situation at his "shoe incident". This Homme guy is even worse than Axl Rose, who kicked out a fan from the audience because he wore "Slash is GnR" shirt.

:angry: Why :mad:
Lookin through this thread I notice a lot of folks have very negative comments posted.

Why do you guys bash the band, if you hate them so much find another band's Fan site.

Stating a concern with a person's behaviour is fine , its the nasty and disparaging comments that lower the author to same level as the object of their critique that bothers me.

:angry: Why :mad:
Lookin through this thread I notice a lot of folks have very negative comments posted.

Why do you guys bash the band, if you hate them so much find another band's Fan site.

Staing a concern with a person's behaviour is fine , its the nast and disparaging comments that lower the author to same level as the object of their critique that bothers me.

You don't have to post the same thing twice.
We're only trying to be realistic here. Bono WAS an asshole to this guy, and I'm not about to say he wasn't just 'cause he's Bono'. I don't give a shit about status, humans are humans and being famous does NOT give you the right to act like you're better than the rest.

It's allright to post negative things every once in a while, it keeps everything relative. And it shows that most people here aren't sheep, blindly following everything God Bono does.

It's allright to post negative things every once in a while, it keeps everything relative. And it shows that most people here aren't sheep, blindly following everything God Bono does.

I'm surprised you're jumping on the "Fans think Bono is God and blindly worship the ground he's walking on" bandwagon.

You think this is "realistic"?

:huh:

This is a very extreme way of seeing things, not everything is just black or white, there are many shades in between, but some people here always seem to throw fans into either one or the other category. I think that's annoying.

Many here are using this discussion NOT to talk about this particular incident but to generally bash Bono, the amount of negativity towards him is just incredible. I think it's annoying how insistent some people are on being negative. We may agree that his behaviour in this particular situation wasn't ok, but I think it's time to move on, there are so many much more horrible things happening in the world.

It's interference, it's part of the protocol.

Is that what they call spoilt rock star hissy fits these days?

Well a U2 concert is not all about Bono

I'm surprised you're jumping on the "Fans think Bono is God and blindly worship the ground he's walking on" bandwagon.

You think this is "realistic"?

:huh:

This is a very extreme way of seeing things, not everything is just black or white, there are many shades in between, but some people here always seem to throw fans into either one or the other category. I think that's annoying.

Many here are using this discussion NOT to talk about this particular incident but to generally bash Bono, the amount of negativity towards him is just incredible. I think it's annoying how insistent some people are on being negative. We may agree that his behaviour in this particular situation wasn't ok, but I think it's time to move on, there are so many much more horrible things happening in the world.

My point understood as Intended thnx!

I wonder WHY some people tend to put things here in an extremely way: :hmm:

I´ve read all posts here since the beginning and NOBODY is bashing nor hating U2 or Bono because of that. People are just giving their private opinion about this incident.. Everybody is just considering the fact in different points of view.... Simply...

Please, don´t take things TOO hard... there´s no reason fot that...and the most important is to respect others opinion..

I wonder WHY some people tend to put things here in an extremely way: :hmm:

I´ve read all posts here since the beginning and NOBODY is bashing nor hating U2 or Bono because of that. People are just giving their private opinion about this incident.. Everybody is just considering the fact in different points of view.... Simply...

Please, don´t take things TOO hard... there´s no reason fot that...and the most important is to respect others opinion..

Calling someone an "Asshole" etc, is bashing.

Everyone is welcome to their opinion and you will find that just about everyone has a different opinion about everything U2 or Bono says and does. Not just on internet forums but in real life as well. U2 fans can still be fans and enjoy their music but not agree with certain things the band does. Though its a shame these things cant be discussed without being rude or everyone getting angry.

That said, the OP's original question was answered long ago so I think its probably time to let this thread rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom