Did anyone know...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scatteroflight

Refugee
...that, reportedly, the last words of the Buddha to his followers were "Walk on"?

Think there's a deliberate connection? I'm not sure what U2 thinks of Buddhism. A while ago I read U2 at the End of the World again for only the second time, and I was kind of amused and surprised by the bit where Bono was quite harrumphy about the idea of "auras" and "solar planes" and suchlike, because of his Christian beliefs. My amusement and surprise stemmed from the fact that Bono and the other guys obviously consider themselves to be very liberal Christians in a lot of ways (and at the era when that book was written you could say they were being especially liberal), but this was something that Bono had chosen to disapprove of. Anyway, I'm totally getting off my original topic! Anyone know if there is a Walk On connection here?

------------------
One day we'd reach the great ocean
At the end of a pale afternoon
And we'd lay down our heads just like we were sleeping
And be towed by the drag of the moon

-Sting

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 12-19-2001).]

I think that I could learn a great deal from the principles behind Buddhism and a few other religions, but I don't put my faith in them.

I don't see anything wrong with learning about other religions, it makes me that much more faithful in my own.

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
I don't see anything wrong with learning about other religions, it makes me that much more faithful in my own.

Glad to see someone else thinks this same thing...I often wonder if other people share my opinions.

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Create Light
Create Unity
Create Joy
CREATE PEACE!

I know he's interested in other religions even if he doesn't always agree with them. Also that lady he wrote the song for was probably Buddhist since she was in Burma. Bono reads a lot, Ali says he's always speed reading some thick book. It's just part of his knowledge I don't think it's necessarily his personal beliefs.

------------------
Visit my U2 webpage! Now over 1000 U2 pics! <A HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk" TARGET=_blank>http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk</A> On, stay safe tonight"

Back
Top Bottom