Did anyone hear?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2fan42

The Fly
did anyone hear George Carlin bash Bono and Sting in his HBO special Saturday night?
mad.gif

What did he say about Bono?

------------------
I know someday you'll have a beautiful life.
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky
but why, why, why can't it be, oh, can't it be mine?

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

He said,

"Here are some more musical vermin who's mothers, we wish, had a medical plan which included abortion. These singers, these singers who think they're so special that they only need one name. Bono, Sting, Jewel, Tiffany, Prince... what a crock of sh**, get a f***ing last name, would ya please. I got a nice 2-word name for you. Pretentious co**su**er. How do you like that, Bonooo, Stiiing. It's not bad enough their music sucks, but with no last name, you can't find out where they live to throw a f***ing bomb through their window. It's frustrating"

- George Carlin Complaints and Grievances on HBO (11/17/01)

Originally posted by U2fan42:
"Here are some more musical vermin who's mothers, we wish, had a medical plan which included abortion. These singers, these singers who think they're so special that they only need one name. Bono, Sting, Jewel, Tiffany, Prince... what a crock of sh**, get a f***ing last name, would ya please. I got a nice 2-word name for you. Pretentious co**su**er. How do you like that, Bonooo, Stiiing. It's not bad enough their music sucks, but with no last name, you can't find out where they live to throw a f***ing bomb through their window. It's frustrating"
- George Carlin Complaints and Grievances on HBO (11/17/01)

Carlin has it all wrong...it's throw a f***ing BRICK through their window.

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

lets make it clear to these people its not only BONO its BONO VOX. bono is his first name and vox is his last and bono should use it often.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

Dont believe the devil i dont believe his book.

hey! what about Cher?

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Or write some new jokes...

When I was in Vegas in 2000, I saw Carlin perform at Bally's.. he did the same routine he's done the past few years (the whole use Colorado or whatever as prison states for fuckups and fuckheads) and his whole Complaints and Grievances routine. For the C&G routine, he was looking at a sheet of paper and was basically reading, not delivering his lines. At a semi-steep ticket price, I would think Carlin with all his crankiness and finger-pointing would attempt to deliver something new, and something funny. At any rate, tho - it was cool to see him - but had I known he was going to deliver the same old shit, I would have passed and kept the $80.

Fifteen or twenty years ago Carlin was a genius but he's coasting now. He played my campus six years ago and he was dull, dull, dull. It was depressing because he's got such a sharp mind and a quick wit. To see him resorting to playing a cocksucking (literally) hitch-hiker in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was depressing enough. But to resort to making fun of rock stars? Especially easy targets like Jewel and Sting? Pathetic.

MAP

Back
Top Bottom