Did anybody see U2 in Sun Devil Stadium on the JT tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blood red edge

The Fly
I've met quite a few people that went to the Sun Devil Statium that appears during the R&H video. None of those people are actually U2 fans, they just went because tickets were cheap. I'd like to know from an actual U2 fan how the concert actually was.

I know what you?re talking about! It seems strange that you?ve only met Non-U2 fans who went there. I need a timewarp-machine- I need it now!

------------------
beLIEve

Originally posted by blood red edge:
I've met quite a few people that went to the Sun Devil Statium that appears during the R&H video. None of those people are actually U2 fans, they just went because tickets were cheap. I'd like to know from an actual U2 fan how the concert actually was.

Red Edge-I did not,as I found out and was living in SLC.I did see them in Las Vegas rite after that and they were put on the cover of Time Magizine at that show.

Presently I live less than 5 min from that statium.

Recently I had an encounter w/Bono that you would call mind-blowing. Click on my 'open letter'at bottom..I think you will like it...

D
B

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

[This message has been edited by diamondbruno9 (edited 09-25-2001).]

I remember you , i came with my GA ticket right before they began to let people in ( 5-7 mins ) , i said to you , that your WAR t-shirt is cool or something
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by diamondbruno9:
Recently I had an encounter w/Bono that you would call mind-blowing. Click on my 'open letter'at bottom..I think you will like it...

D
B

Good lord db, you're just never gonna let anyone forget that are you?

30 years from now, grandchildren gathering around
DB: Say, did I tell you kids about the time...
Kids: (groaning) Yeeees, grandpa....you got onstage with Bono, and he's a righteous guy...

biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 09-25-2001).]

I had tickets for both of those nights for Rattle & Hum.
Unfortunately I had pneumonia at that time, so I only lasted halfway through BB King on the first night.
I do remember speaking to a lot of the people there, and they were true U2 fans from all over the states.
This was a show heavily promoted through MTV and all the local rock stations in Arizona since U2 happened to be bigger than huge at that time.
For the weeks following after, there was nothing but rave reviews about the show.
Of course the stadium was packed from top to bottom as you saw in the movie, but during that timeframe everybody was a U2 fan.
As I remember it, the show was rated excellent and they performed as they are doing now... with raw emotion.
I still to this day regret being ill at that time.
frown.gif

Originally posted by Diemen:
Good lord db, you're just never gonna let anyone forget that are you?

30 years from now, grandchildren gathering around
DB: Say, did I tell you kids about the time...
Kids: (groaning) Yeeees, grandpa....you got onstage with Bono, and he's a righteous guy...

biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 09-25-2001).]

First off, I will reply to Ivan. Yes I remember you and thank you for acknowledging my WAR shirt that day. You were the 'younger' folk I refered to in my story. I am glad you enjoyed the show.

Now Diemen-
This isnt wriiten to upbraid or make you feel like shit as you know by now, hopefully, that I am not about that.

-I was answering Blood Red's topic ques.and Ivan jumped in and I just responded to him.

-A while back you offered some sound advice about not yackin about my Bono story every few moments.I took it.It was good advice.This is why the story is added at the end of ea.one of my posts ONLY for those that are interested in it.This wasn't meant for you- as I was conversating w/someone else. I understand you heard about it prob. read it,and you're done w/it.Cool.It is posted for ppl that were there that nite and for the 'newbies' that are curious to hear,who haven't heard it yet.That's all.

-I could understand you being mildly irate if everyday I was posting a new-topic about it.I am not..

-On a lighter note re my kids,they're already tired of it. My 6 yr.old rolls her eyes somedays,my 8 yr. old raises her eye-brows like-(Not again Dad,Plez).And they are both very cute as their Mama -my Ex is a hottie,who for some strange reason still comes by for latenite-diamondrendevousconjugal visits.But that is a different story.

-For the record it was a humbling and spiritually gratifying day in my life and for the ppl in the arena-well 99 per cent anyway.

-Think that's great youre a musican. Your kind usually make the coolier more ecectic kind of fan. Geez the only musical instruments I know how to play are :
1.My home entertainment system
2.My Jeep CD player.
LOL

Congrats on you and Goddess' relationship.

Be good.
Notice I 'lit' a candle for you.

Sincerely-
Diamond

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

lol - thanks for the reply diamond. I think you took my post a little too seriously - I was trying to just do a light-hearted joke, but I guess it didn't come across well in the writing
smile.gif
. And thanks for the kind words.

But where the hell did the me and Goddess thing come from? lol

The things playful flirting can be interpreted as these days...sheesh!
wink.gif

Originally posted by Diemen:
lol - thanks for the reply diamond. I think you took my post a little too seriously - I was trying to just do a light-hearted joke, but I guess it didn't come across well in the writing
smile.gif
. And thanks for the kind words.

But where the hell did the me and Goddess thing come from? lol

The things playful flirting can be interpreted as these days...sheesh!
wink.gif

Thats not what Elvis told me over coffe...
D
B

Yes was there. They played first at arenas, so the first leg was at that arena there. Was at that also. They stayed at AZ Biltmore, and that was so much fun. Anybody else was there when he went outside and talked to everybody at the Biltmore? Was staying there, and walked into the Edge and the Mrs. Edge at the time making out.

Back
Top Bottom