Did any of the band members recognize Ed V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes they did, I believe that they stopped the show and prompted for a spotlight for Mr. Vedder to aknowledge the crowd with a bow. It was a beautiful moment in rock history.

In LA2 Vedder was said to be there as well and if you listen to the mp3 of Bullet that night you can hear Bono insert a snippet of Alive into it.

where can i get that mp3 of Bullet?

------------------
touch me, take me to that other place, teach me, i know i'm not a hopeless case

Originally posted by MDFan:
at the Las Vegas show. If you need some background read the PJ opening up for U2 post.

Hey - I'll just paste what I wrote to you in the other thread:

Hi again!

I didn't notice Bono recognize Eddie (and I was right there). But it could've been one of two things - Bono knew he was there beforehand (they're longtime friends - the BP Fallon book has great PJ/U2 pics!) and wanted to help Eddie keep his anonymity, or, Bono didn't know at all and just didn't recognize him. I didn't notice any non-verbal communication betweeen them - but believe me, I was lookin!!

Another cute thing was when Bono would stand right in front of us to play to the crowd, Eddie would just smile from ear to ear. He was beaming. He seems to truly love Bono and was totally rockin' out to the show. When a real rockin tune like Streets or Bullet would come on, Eddie would do that thing when he rocks out by bowing his head and just shakin it from side-to-side just like on Unplugged or the Even Flo video.

It was wayyy cool to be near Eddie and get an idea of what's he's like as John Q. Public and not as a rock star. He seems real nice and not (for lack of a better word) jaded by his position in life. Yay for Eddie. He seems to be worth the admiration that he inspires. His eyes are luminous, btw

Originally posted by nellie:
where can i get that mp3 of Bullet?

It can be found at Sicy's ftp:

ftp://u2:mofo@sicy.interference.com:21000/U2/Elevation%20-%20Los%20Angeles%20-%2011-13-01/U2%20-%202001-11-13%20-%20Los%20Angeles%202001%20(2A)%20-%2016%20-%20Bullet%20The%20Blue%2 0Sky.mp3

Let me just warn you that the snippet is hard to miss unless your listening for it. It aint much of a sample but I thought it was cool when I first heard it.

Oh and about Vedder in vegas, I forgot to mention that after Vedder took a bow, Bono brought him onstage during WOWOY. It was very romantic.

Originally posted by Calvin N. Hobbes:
It can be found at Sicy's ftp:

ftp://u2:mofo@sicy.interference.com:21000/U2/Elevation%20-%20Los%20Angeles%20-%2011-13-01/U2%20-%202001-11-13%20-%20Los%20Angeles%202001%20(2A)%20-%2016%20-%20Bullet%20The%20Blue%2 0Sky.mp3

Let me just warn you that the snippet is hard to miss unless your listening for it. It aint much of a sample but I thought it was cool when I first heard it.

Oh and about Vedder in vegas, I forgot to mention that after Vedder took a bow, Bono brought him onstage during WOWOY. It was very romantic.

Actually, U2 didn't perform WOWY in Vegas in November. And having stood right in front of Eddie, I never once saw any interaction b/t him and the band.

Back
Top Bottom