Diamondbacks To Release New Version of Stuck Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StarsnStripes

The Fly
Set in Yankee stadium, instead of a fieldgoal kicker missing a chip shot, our hero, relief pitcher Kim continuously serving up dingers to a parade of Yankee hitters w/ 2 out in the 9th. The Edge falls down a flight of stairs, you get the idea.

And they won't have to film various clips of Bung Hole Kim giving up the home runs over and over, he has provided plenty of footage already.
Bob Brenly is just downright stupid for using him in game 5 after he threw 62 pitches (and sucked) in game 4.

mebbe he needs to do a 'rookie of the year' and injure his shoulder
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Hewson:
Have him call Bill Buckner to find out what lies ahead...it won't be pretty.

Leave Buckner out of this....he's been given more grief than he deserves.....as much of a Red Sox fan as I am.....it is still just a game.

But I still can't believe the DB have given the game away two nights in a row....I can't deal with the Yankees winning...even if it is just a game
wink.gif

popkidu2...I agree that Buckner gets too much grief (frankly I think all the grief belongs squarely on the shoulders of Calvin "deer in the headlights" Schiraldi), just my point is that Bung Hole Kim can likely expect similar grief, hopefully he'll handle it better than Donnie Moore. But my guess is his career(and psyche) may be affected by this.

Hi! Im a british guy who follows a bit of baseball.

well, I must say that I feel sorry for Kim having to lose homers like that two nights in a row. Well, as a neutral, it makes for a possible exciting finale at Arizona on Sunday if D'backs wins tomorrow. Cant get closer than that..... hmmm, I think if the Yankees were to lose the next two games I hope it'll come to a Bill Buckner-like error.

And who the hell is Calvin "deer in the headlights" Schiraldi?!? can anyone enlighten me on who he is..... cheers

I heard a lot about Boston Red Sox's luck in MLB these years..... I hope, in my lifetime, I will see the Red Sox win the World Series once again (if they can knock off the Yankees first.....)

dougal

Originally posted by dougal55:

And who the hell is Calvin "deer in the headlights" Schiraldi?!? can anyone enlighten me on who he is..... cheers
dougal...Calvin Schiraldi is the pitcher for the Red Sox who was on the mound just prior to the ball going thru Buckner's legs in 1986. He needed one strike to wrap up the World Series, had a 2 run lead and no runners on base. Suddenly he became somewhat ashen faced and wide eyed, and gave up 3 straight hits before being lifted for Bob Stanley, who gave up the ground ball that went thru Bill Buckner's legs.

Oh f**k!

Thats right now I remember! What a stupid embarassing mistake I made, it was in my bleeding head all the time! Probably been stuck in some filing cabinet somewhere in my brain titled "Useless but important stuff to know" lol!

Anyway, a friend of mine was at the game that very night, she was a photographer who had to go to the back of the stadium to develop her shots for the press next day. While she was doing it, she heard an almighty noise, the ground shook like an earthquake and she thought "Either thats an earthquake or that the Mets won". She couldnt believe it, even to this day! Happily her husband is an out and out Mets fan so she found the right man I suppose!
biggrin.gif

dougal

Originally posted by Hewson:
hopefully he'll handle it better than Donnie Moore.

That's what I'm really worried about. This is front page news in Japan, and I would assume Korea as well. Given the way most Asians handle failure, one can only guess at how he'll handle failure that's watched by several million people.

For those who don't know, Donnie Moore was in a similar situation in the 1986 ALCS, one out away from his team making it to the World Series when he also gave up a game-tying home run. His team, the Angels, eventually went on to lose the series. A few years later, he committed suicide because of all te taunts from the fans, and other reasons as well. It's a pretty sad story, and shows how seriously sports can be taken.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Like Hewson and popkid said, Buckner has gotten way, way more grief for Game 6 than he deserves. It became his baseball legacy and that's really unfortunate because he was a very good player. The Red Sox would have lost Game 6 without his play. His error caused the winning run, not the tying run to score. As was pointed out, Calvin Schiraldi is the big culprit, though bad luck is even more of a culprit. After the Mets tied that game up, there was no way the Sox were going to win. They blew their chance. The Buckner error just caused that game to go the Mets way sooner rather than later.

And I still maintain that Mookie Wilson would have beaten Buckner or Schiraldi to first base. That wouldn't have brought in the winning run, but it would have extended the inning and the way the game was going, the Mets would have won it anyway.

But this Yankees thing is just baffling. Just totally unbelievable.

Originally posted by dougal55:
I heard a lot about Boston Red Sox's luck in MLB these years..... I hope, in my lifetime, I will see the Red Sox win the World Series once again (if they can knock off the Yankees first.....)

Again? again? Did I miss something...I have been a die hard Red Sox fan for 24 years and we haven't won once. Unless you are 82 Dougal, you haven't seen the Red Sox win...crying shame...wait till next ye-ah.

------------------
Alright Edge, Play the blues...

the idea that people have lived their entire lives and not seen the red sox win the world series mades me sad. If I go my entire lifetime without a red sox victory....well, there'd better be a complain office in heaven, cause I'll bitch up a storm!!!!!

Funny, as soon as I saw Buckner's gaff mentioned in this thread, I thought of Donnie Moore. I've been an Angels' fan forever.

One thing I am quite confident of: Donnie Moore did not commit suicide over a baseball game - even the biggest game of his career. At the time, some of the Angel players such as Reggie Jackson came out and said as much -- that Moore had some deep personal problems he was dealing with. If I remember correctly, his marriage was in disarray at that time.

One more thing: the Angels weren't one "out" from going to the Series, they were one strike away from going (Argh!).

No doubt, jezebel, we will never forget. Wow, that's cool that you were there. Anyone I've ever talked to that was there says that when Moore gave up the home run, you could hear a pin drop in the stadium.

Back
Top Bottom