Desire - Hollywood Remix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes. It's brilliant -- heard it when I was 12 and never forgot about it...picked up the Desire single many years later and was thrilled to find it. It's one of U2's best remixes, IMHO.

Does anybody else find the video seemed like it led to the whole ZOO TV idea and the video for Numb?

sniggirb said:
Does anybody else find the video seemed like it led to the whole ZOO TV idea and the video for Numb?

:hmm: Not really. The Zoo TV idea came from Brian Eno and Willie Williams for the most part anyway. I believe Bowies 1990 tour using a video see through screen also influenced the idea. None of them had anything to do with the Desire video though.

Regarding the remix itself, I agree its one of the better remixes of a U2 song that was done. The 9.23 remix of it is decent also (basically and extended version of the Hollywood remix with a few different effects here and there).

Last edited:
I have the feeling this was U2's first proper 'club' remix, the previous ones are not dance material IMHO, but "Desire - the Hollywood remix" is far from their best, a prelude to great things perhaps. I didn't include it, when I made a compilation cd of the 11 top U2 remixes I had in my collection.

BTW it was used in a Miami Vice episode, as the accompanying music to a prostitution arrest.

(wow my first post on interference and I've managed to get 'vice in...)

eviltwin said:
I have the feeling this was U2's first proper 'club' remix, the previous ones are not dance material IMHO, but "Desire - the Hollywood remix" is far from their best, a prelude to great things perhaps. I didn't include it, when I made a compilation cd of the 11 top U2 remixes I had in my collection.

BTW it was used in a Miami Vice episode, as the accompanying music to a prostitution arrest.

(wow my first post on interference and I've managed to get 'vice in...)

And the word Prostitution.. thats some going!

Can anyone send the remix if they have it? not aloud post links here anymore right?

Blue Room said:

:hmm: Not really. The Zoo TV idea came from Brian Eno and Willie Williams for the most part anyway. I believe Bowies 1990 tour using a video see through screen also influenced the idea. None of them had anything to do with the Desire video though.

I thought Zoo TV tour was Bono's idea when he was watching TV footage of the Gulf war.

The Desire Hollywood mix is one of the five or six remixes good enough for me to hold onto over the years.

sniggirb said:

I also think that the idea of the Desire remix may have helped them see things more clearly about Zoo TV. :up: I think they had the whole media and technology idea already in the late 80's. But it got bigger and more real in the early 90's. That’s what I THINK.

U2girl said:

I thought Zoo TV tour was Bono's idea when he was watching TV footage of the Gulf war.

Bono had the name first, "Zoo TV" but it was just a phrase he came up with and he came up with it during recording in Berlin in 1990. Willie Williams is the one that came up with the overall video concept and stage design and the idea of massive video walls and screens just based on that name. Then the imaging on the screen was thought up after the concept was conceived. Thats when some Gulf War images came into play but it wasnt responsible for the overall concept or the stage design.

you can watch the video for the remix at the Yahoo!/Launch music site....

launch.yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom