Design the "A-BOMB" cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the original photo was taken in Nueva Gerona on La Isla de la Juventud / Cuba
a-bomb_13.jpg

and this one is based on a TV-freezeframe of the Q-awards. but i don't like the band on the cover at all. btw bono seems to be in a better shape now. he must have done a lot of workout lately. his shades are more FLY-like dark, which i like more than his metrosexual blue glasses. larry is pretty cool, adam looks like a pastor (vicar) and mr. edge is lookin' to anything more interesting (mrs edge?:wave:)
a-bomb_14.jpg

as i'm not happy with the first cuba-version (see above), here's a newer one (original photo was taken in Nueva Gerona on La Isla de la Juventud / Cuba)
a-bomb_13a.jpg

Those are all really a lot of fun, Jacobus! Great work!
(By the way, you're right about Bono being in better shape. He mentioned himself in a recent interview that he has now fully recovered from his back injury and is able to work out again. Good news.)

I'm going to save this one and insert it into the cd case instead of the official one. Thanks!

Thanks jay...let me make a more cleaned up version before you print it out ;-)

@majid23: i really like the photo of corbijn, i like beaches and clouds. clouds are always temporary sky pictures. as i said before i don't like too much the band on the (front) cover. and as DaveC said its a bit too ACYCLB-ish. but in general a good effort majid23!

@klappie: the sex pistols meet the rolling stones. retro-style. a cover like this suggests real rock music. i like this!

not another A-BOMB cover this time, 'cause i've got dizzy of this one:coocoo:
a-bomb-16a.jpg

Last edited:
What a funny thread! Great artwork of esp. the desert road / fruit cube cover and the Vertigo covers of jacobus. It seems a lot of ideas are floating and better work than the official cover

that one's really great too. I still ike the sex pistols looking one best though. great stuff.

...two alternatives. i did the photos over the last weekend at the Landschaftspark DUISBURG / Germany. that place is a great mixture of industrial monuments & nature. the bomb in the foreground is a socalled Torpedo-Waggon and was used for carrying melted-steel away from melting furnaces.
a-bomb_18c.jpg

hey jacobus, i'm planning on doing a compilation soon with some Achtung baby outtakes and I was wondering if you'd be interested in creating some cover art for it, along with a back cover.

I really like your work with these faux album covers and you seem to really enjor making them so if you are interested in this post your email here and I'll send you the tracklisting title, etc. what look I'm going for.

@atikicat
nice...the chick was originally part of a cyalis spam mail. i liked the photo and her boobs:sexywink:, changed the mood and turned the minute hand from 12.15 to 'five prior 12' and then i turned the bomb of my first a-bomb version.

Back
Top Bottom