Depeche Mode and U2 - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2002, 04:19 AM   #31
The Fly

Local Time: 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CrashedCarDriver

ok, gahan is a bit of an extrovert, and draws a lot of criticism from neutral people, but would bono ever interpret lyrics as well as he has? can bono write anything anywhere as deep as gore has?

I'd say that Achtung Baby beats everything DM's done, both artistically and emotionally.

I'd also like to say that I'm a fan of DM's work (86-98), and although their latest album didn't impress me that much, I'd definitely rank them as one of the greatest bands of the last decades.
I think their biggest problem is that they've never released a *perfect* album - even Violator has its faults - and as such, they've never been able to be the band everyone wanted to be.
They are probably more influential than U2, but their output just isn't as great as U2 (who've recorded 2-3 of the greatest albums ever recorded).

As for the Bon Jovi-debate, I'd never consider a band, who puts style over substance, better than such legendary bands as R.E.M., DM or Pearl Jam.
Although they've probably matured alot, I just can't forget when their songs and videos were all about big cars, hair and tits.