Define your sequence of 3 U2 songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
We played this little game a couple of weeks ago in one of my local lists, so I thought we could give it a try here. Some simple rules...you choose a sequence of 3 songs, the way they are presented, only from studio albuns. Then you write a word that defines that sequence in your point of view, can be a noun or an adjective...can be the first thing that comes to your mind...kinda trying to define the mood of the sequence for you. It can be both funny and curious, I mean, some fans back home had quite opposite feelings towards the same sequence...I might say I started to see some songs from another perspective. For instance:

Miami-Playboy Mansion-If You Wear That Velvet Dress = laziness

One Tree Hill-Exit-Mothers of Disappeaared = sadness

Mysterious Ways-Tryin to Throw Your Arms Around the World-Ultraviolet = sensuality

Numb-Lemon-Stay = chaos
biggrin.gif

Next?
smile.gif

Um...Okay, here goes nothing...

Twilight-An Cat Dubh-Into the Heart: Adolescence

Gloria-I Fall Down-I Threw a Brick Through a Window: life

One-Until the End of the World-Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses: Love (in all forms)

Stuck in a Moment...-Walk On-Kite: perserverence

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Well ok.....

Sunday Bloody Sunday - Seconds - New Years Day : Peace

Ultraviolet - Acrobat - Love is blindess : Betrayal and Pain (This is where UTEOTW would fit nicely!)

Pride - Wire - UF : reflective.

Ofcourse the last one needs a sentence to describe it, not a word
biggrin.gif

Bless ya.
WHYWHY.

Some good ones guys...really, thanks! The idea is THE word that defines the songs, but I think we could make some changes...no more than 1 sentence, how about that?

smile.gif

Originally posted by NicaMom:
The three sunrises-Spanish Eyes-The Sweetest Thing=Ali

AWWW!!
biggrin.gif
That's so cute NicaMom!

UTEOTW / So Cruel / Who's Gonna Ride... = Emptiness

Walk On / Kite / In A Little While = Sincerity

WTSHNN-ISFWILF-WOWY: intensity

The First Time-Dirty Day-The Wanderer: searching

Discotheque-Do You Feel Loved-MoFo: spirituality through materialism

Van Diemen's Land-Desire-Hawkmoon269: love

Ultraviolet-Acrobat-Love is Blindness: reflection

Out of Control-Stories for Boys-The Ocean: youth

------------------
"I swore to my father I'd never do hamster-style again."

"looking for the sound thats gonna drown out the world
looking for the father of my two little girls
got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade
looking for the face i had before the world was made." - MOFO

Discotheque, Do You Feel Loved, Mofo - POP

WOWY, Bullet, RTSS - scarred

Peace on Earth, When I Look at the World, New York - Bittersweet

------------------
Watch More TV, ITs your world you can change it, taste is the enemy of art, Every thing you know if wrong, mock the devil, and he will flee from thee
www.geocities.com/nshaikspike/evil.html

Bad -> Indian Summer Sky -> Elvis Presley and America: ethereal

One Tree Hill -> Exit -> MOTD: Pain

Staring At The Sun -> Last Night On Earth -> Gone: decisions

Until -> Wild Horses -> So Cruel: Betrayal

Walk On -> Kite -> In A Little While: faithfulness

------------------
She never really belonged to me

U2 Take Me Higher

I I believe in love....woops

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 04-08-2002).]

well cass dear, you subverted the rules...just a little bit
wink.gif
but that "finesse" remark was, you know, remarkable, LOL

You see guys, it?s already working for me, I mean, I have never thought of the sequence UTEOTW / So Cruel / Who's Gonna Ride as Emptiness, like kariatari pointed out, for instance.

And here is a great definition presented by wertsie, IMO: Stuck in a Moment...-Walk On-Kite: perserverence

Some cases of same sequence with a different meaning, which is really interesting:

Walk On / Kite / In A Little While = Sincerity, according to kariatari
Walk On -> Kite -> In A Little While: faithfulness, in oliveu2cm?s opinion

Of course there is a connection between both nouns, in this case, yet it?s curious to see different interpretation.

Or:
Ultraviolet - Acrobat - Love is blindess : Betrayal and Pain, according to WHYWHY
Ultraviolet-Acrobat-Love is Blindness: reflection, this is Achtung Zooropa?s view point

Here there is a connection but it?s not so clear as in the previous one, I think. Suffering from betrayal leads you to reflect upon it...why is such thing happening with you.

And now my fave until now, thanks to oliveu2cm:
Staring At The Sun -> Last Night On Earth -> Gone: decisions...you got me thinking, I need to listen to those 3 more often...

Thanks, keep them coming
smile.gif

Originally posted by follower:

And now my fave until now, thanks to oliveu2cm:
Staring At The Sun -> Last Night On Earth -> Gone: decisions...you got me thinking, I need to listen to those 3 more often...

Yes, Follower... you know I wrote out a thing about this after writing it and sent it to my faithful u2 consipiritor in analysis. here's what I wrote:

Great. wouldn' tknow i erased the email. I know she has it and I'll post it in full tomorrow, but off the cuff, it's a 24 hour period, one day. You start off with "Staring at the Sun" which is inaction. Not doing anything, but complaining.. then the Night time with "Last Night On Earth" where the action is to throw everything away and live for the moment without thinking of the consequences. and "Gone" is the consequence. it's soooo interesting and i'm not sure what it means yet. i'll post more tomorrow after she emails me. thanks for this reallllly interesting idea!! I'd like to hear what you think about this sequence too!

oh yes, and the reason I wrote "decision" is because in each song the character had to decide how to react to the catalyst. In SATS he chose inaction, LNOE he chose Indulgence and Gone was the result of those decisions. Just tossing ideas around.
smile.gif

------------------
She never really belonged to me

U2 Take Me Higher
Macphisto's Mansion

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 04-08-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom