Deep in the Heart appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miss becky

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
One of my absolute favorite B-sides. I love the dark, creepy lyrics, and the uneasy feeling in the music itself. Larry's got some great percussion going on, and I love Edge's sparse guitar work, which only adds to the whole unsettling tone. I wish it had been on the 1980-1990 B-sides CD. I would far rather have seen Deep in the Heart than a song like Bass Trap, for instance.

Show your love for this unappreciated gem! :drool: :drool:

great, great song! i wish they would have really mastered it though, because it's kind of rough.

A true gem that any dedicated U2 fan must have a copy of. A song that reveals the link between the UF's more experimental side to the JT's heart of the desert soundscape.

The bass in Deep In The Heart owns so many things. :drool: Just listen to it. One of Adam's most sensual bass lines, I think.

miss becky said:
I would far rather have seen Deep in the Heart than a song like Bass Trap, for instance.

*Puts a jihad on you*

I love Deep in the Heart, like many of the Joshua Tree B-sides it has this fantastic sound. I'm trying to not to be all 'poetic' with how i describe it but the whole 'eerie' sound throught the track is superb and Edge's guitar playing is fantastic. I love the intro.

Also an awesome bridge between tracks on an 'expanded Joshua Tree' 2-disc thingy...

"30 (13?) years old
Sweet as a rose
Every petal of her, paper thin
Love'll make you blind
Come up from behind
Get you jumpin' out of you skin"

Hoodlem said:
"30 (13?) years old
Sweet as a rose
Every petal of her, paper thin
Love'll make you blind
Come up from behind
Get you jumpin' out of you skin"

13 years old. I remember reading an interview of the time where Bono talks about going back to Cedarwood Ave at the time his father sold the house and remembering "a sexual encounter I'd had there".

He says so much and yet so little. ;)

Zootlesque said:

You mind sending it to me too? ;)

muralee_s@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance. :wink:

It's been sent! :)

Exit thru Wire, I've been away from Interference for a few months, and I didn't know about the Savefile thread. That's a great idea! I didn't know we could do that for commercially released songs though...I thought the rule was that they had to be sent privately, via e-mail. Thanks for letting me know otherwise. :up:

Back
Top Bottom