Deep In The Heart Appreciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An Cat Gav

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
DEEP IN THE HEART!

It says something for the creative period U2 were in 86-87 that a song as good as this was not only demoted to b-side for The Joshua Tree, but it was also not considered good enough for the b-side of their 19801-1990 G Hits.

Starting with one of their best intros to a track(similat to bullet the blue sky) this track meanders into a gruelling, industrial ode to the dark underbelly of love, like most of The Joshua Tree. Featuring a great performance from all 4 of the boys, this track is one of my fave b-sides. I am frankly flabbergasted that the band ignored it in such a revisonist manner for the b-sides1980-90 ghits. It is clearly better than most of the featured cover versions!

Deep in the heart, a somewhat forgotten gem, and should be considerd up there with Walk to the water, silver and gold and spanish eyes in the canon of great U2 b-sides.

An Cat Gav said:
DEEP IN THE HEART!

It says something for the creative period U2 were in 86-87 that a song as good as this was not only demoted to b-side for The Joshua Tree, but it was also not considered good enough for the b-side of their 19801-1990 G Hits.

Starting with one of their best intros to a track(similat to bullet the blue sky) this track meanders into a gruelling, industrial ode to the dark underbelly of love, like most of The Joshua Tree. Featuring a great performance from all 4 of the boys, this track is one of my fave b-sides. I am frankly flabbergasted that the band ignored it in such a revisonist manner for the b-sides1980-90 ghits. It is clearly better than most of the featured cover versions!

Deep in the heart, a somewhat forgotten gem, and should be considerd up there with Walk to the water, silver and gold and spanish eyes in the canon of great U2 b-sides.

:yes: Deep In The Heart is one of the best songs U2 ever made. Those 80's b-sides are a thousand times better then the singles of most artists.

I agree with all of you. This is an amazing song. When I listen to it, it makes me feel like I'm in the middle of Lake Powell on a house boat. It's quiet but the soothing melody of this track brings back memories when I was there. Perfect song to go with imagery. Open skies, red rocks, a sea of water... I love the middle section of the song too where it kinda stops and all you hear is Larry's beat. Defenitely one of my fav's and yes, it belongs there with Walk to the Water.

I love the music to it. It's like a poem put to ambient music. I wish they would have remastered it and put it on the original B-Sides cd for the first Best Of. But I read they didn't have a good version of it?

Despite that, at least I have it on vinyl.

Sounds way good.

It Should Have been On Rattle and Hum as well as the other JT outtakes instead of the live stuff.

asr said:
It Should Have been On Rattle and Hum as well as the other JT outtakes instead of the live stuff.

Could you imagine that? Look at the pool of songs that Rattle & Hum could have been composed of. :combust:

1. Walk To The Water
2. Deep In The Heart
3. Race Against Time
4. Luminous Times
5. Spanish Eyes
6. Sweetest Thing
7. Silver Gold
8. Van Diemen's Land
9. Desire
10. Hawkmoon 269
11. Angel Of Harlem
12. Love Rescue Me
13. When Love Comes To Town
14. Heartland
15. God Part 2
16. All I Want Is You

One of my favorites b-sides. Proves that the best is not always in the albums :D

I love this Unforgettable Fire-like ambient guitar sound (because I love the UF album)

Back
Top Bottom