Decoding Bono's Hand Gestures: Hamilton Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
1) At one point Bono sang with his hands on his chest...kinda in a heart shape? What song was this? (Sorry I'm vague here...)
2) Again, he put his hands on his heart and then threw his hands out at the audience. He did the same thing about five times in a circle, as if he was giving up his heart, spirit to the audience. What song?
3) During one song (can't remember which one but it was near the beginning) he looked at Adam and made some weird hand gestures. HE pointed at Adam and then pointed both hands at the ground (he may have done a 'stop' kinda movement with his hands as well). He did this about 3 times. He looked angry. Any idea what thus was about?

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
1) At one point Bono sang with his hands on his chest...kinda in a heart shape? What song was this? (Sorry I'm vague here...)

He did it during the "shine like stars" tag when he was singing "one heart, one heart, one heart" and he also did it during the beginning of the show, but I can't remember which song it was.

2) Again, he put his hands on his heart and then threw his hands out at the audience. He did the same thing about five times in a circle, as if he was giving up his heart, spirit to the audience. What song?

I know what you're talking about, but I can't remember what song. I'm thinking it might have been Pride. Or Bad. Could be something else, I can't recall.

3) During one song (can't remember which one but it was near the beginning) he looked at Adam and made some weird hand gestures. HE pointed at Adam and then pointed both hands at the ground (he may have done a 'stop' kinda movement with his hands as well). He did this about 3 times. He looked angry. Any idea what thus was about?

Don't know. I was looking at Larry in the beginning, trying to make eye contact and get him to see my sign.
wink.gif

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
I think he did this a lot, actually- I remember it from One in Montreal.
this was definitely during Pride, at least in Montreal it was. The crowd went crazy for this.

[/b][/quote]
sorry wasn't there. I've caught him on tape doing this to Adam in Boston, plus at Montreal he looked at Adam during one and shook his fist at him, though w/ a smile on his face. Adam of course didn't react until Bono had looked away and then this slowww smile spread on his face saying "I couldn't possibly know what you are talking about"
biggrin.gif

------------------
Freeway like a river runs through this land

* U2TakeMeHigher *

Back
Top Bottom