Dear Bono... please return to your day job.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Just in case the boys do browse in here from time to time... which is a possability 'cause if there were web pages dedicated to me, i sure as hell would check 'em out from time to time... but anyway...

dear bono,
we all love the work you do for third world nations, the aids crisis, debt relief, etc. etc. etc. it is a great endevor and we're proud to support a band that gives back in such a huge way. and songs for soundtracks and sinatra covers and even duets with former actresses who can't sing, that's all fine and dandy. but i have a favor to ask of you... please go back to your day job... at least temporarily. the boys are waiting for you back in dublin with this new album thing they're trying to piece together. unfortunatly, they can't do it by themselves, they kinda need you to be there from time to time. so if you could please just put everything else on hold for a few months, come back to the studio, and finish off this album so we can release it, and maybe tour a bit, then we can release you to go back on the cannonization world tour. just a thought, please consider it.
sincerly,
adam, larry & the edge

perhaps "the work you do for third world nations, the aids crisis, debt relief, etc. etc. etc" is his day job

and yes :help: indeed

besides, I don't see it as criticism; I think it's an idea that comes from a hope we all share: that u2 put out a new album SOON.

First of all, if it was me, I wouldn't take the time to look on here. There are too many websites to look at for one thing, and two why? You have one thread where people are obcessing about you and the next they're tearing you down. You have threads about how Bono should lose weight, Pop sucks, get back to your day job.... Do you really think this would be constructive to look at? U2 has always taken their time between albums. So what? As fans, we have no right to demand when their next album comes out. It can come out tomorrow or it could come out 10 years from now. It's on their time schedule. They are not our personal jukebox to crank out music everytime we damn well please. Anyways Bono's work with debt relief and his fight against aids is much more important in times like these than any album.

End of rant...

Yep, BonoVoxSupastar agreed. Africa is very important and there is no time to loose for all of us.

And you, Bono, go on a long holiday with Ali and the kids as soon as Ali and you can take time off. You could write some beautiful lyrics there; the new album is nearly finished anyway.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
And you, Bono, go on a long holiday with Ali and the kids as soon as Ali and you can take time off. You could write some beautiful lyrics there; the new album is nearly finished anyway.

bono, i'd like you to meet hiphop. hiphop...bono.

How do you know the album has not been finished? Perhaps it is in production? U2 are not going to be rushed again, like Pop was. They will release it at the most fitting time, not simply the day they perfect Track 10.

Also, you assume that Bono is doing any more or less travelling or campaigning then he did when they worked on and released all their other great albums. Not so.

Also remember that they just got off tour less than a year and a half ago.

The world and media are just finally paying more attention to all that he's involved with, that's all. Its merely a matter of perception that some feel that he has no time for recording.

This is nothing like the 5 years or whatever we all waited mid-90s for an album...patience..it'll come.

People are so impatient!

Good things come to those who wait ;)

Back
Top Bottom