Dear Bono...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2_england

The Fly
2004 is nearly here and maybe there could be a tour - i dunno, but hey.

If you could ask Bono for 3 things for 2004 what would they be...

mine -

1 Only play arenas on your next tour please because I'm fed up with standing behind 10,000 people and getting rained on and using mass toilets and stepping over plastic beer cups and hamburger wrappers and gum and - bah!humbug! - even though the PopMart tours were f**king great!!!!!

2 Please make U2's position on the sharing of bootlegged material known - then maybe the U2 community could start moving again (it has gone a bit quiet).

3 Please put Love Is Blindness and Miami back in the setlist.

There, that wasn't asking too much was it.

u2_england said:

:up:
i think love is blindess has got more of a chance that miami, miami was just a popmart thing , but then again LIB hasnt been played since soo tv :shrug:

u2_england said:

You've gotta be mad. No offense, but Miami never should've been made in the first place. It's the only U2 song I actually hate.

My three requests ...

1. Tour Australia, play lots of shows, and give me fantastic tickets and backstage passes to all of them.
2. Legalise bootlegs.
3. Release the new album in March and make sure it's the best thing ever made and breaks records worldwide for its lengthy stay at number one! (Same goes for singles - release them soon and be so good they shatter any previous records)

Re: Re: Dear Bono...

Axver said:

You've gotta be mad. No offense, but Miami never should've been made in the first place. It's the only U2 song I actually hate.

I really like Miami but I realize I am almost standing in the void completely alone on this one.

For selfish reasons I am wishing that tickets for the tour go on sale before or after july (due to my planned travel to a remote region of the world) and that i won't be stuck miles away from the stage

I would really like to see some arena dates but I guess I will deal and because my first wish was selfish i will wish that U2 visit those regions of the world they have not been to recently and go say hi to all those fans :wave:

Re: Re: Re: Dear Bono...

TiaraGurl said:

I really like Miami but I realize I am almost standing in the void completely alone on this one.

You're not alone. I love it.

It was great live, the way it cut into bullet the blue sky...mmm, mmm, good!

Maybe we should start a Miami appreciation society!
:wink:

iacrobat, that's gotta be one of the best live transitions U2 have ever done!
Glad there are some fans that notice these things.

Wow, what's with all the Miami fans suddenly coming out of the woodwork? I thought there were ... none of you.

I think Miami lyrics suck, but the song itself, I mean, the melody is not bad at all!! I like it!

Dear Bono come to South America and stop with the hype and realease the album!!!!!

Miami ROCKS!! I love the way the rhythm sorta shifts in the middle, goin from a sort of moody shuffle to a full on Bonham style beat... Kinda like the lyrics too... Very impressionistic and evocative of the place, yet with the darkness of Bono's personal Demons peeking through in places...

Wishes for 2004?

U2 release their greatest album yet... Very likely!

U2 play 4 sold out nights in Croke Park, Dublin during a heatwave in September, and I'm at all of them!!... Hmmm, maybe not so likely...

I get to meet Edge and have an in depth conversation about all sorts of weird shit over numerous pints of Guinness... Well, it is a wish-list after all!!

Re: Re: Re: Dear Bono...

TiaraGurl said:

i like it also!, it was brilliant on popmart, but like i said its a popmart thing

I'm all for the bootlegs and "Love Is Blindness" and "Miami" wishes (another person who likes "Miami"...like I've said, it's one of the weirdest songs I've ever heard...but yet...there's something about it that makes it cool...I dunno how to explain it, I just know I like the song).

My main request for 2004-come to Kansas City or Ames or somewhere really close to my town, and if I get the chance to see them, and they play "Angel Of Harlem" while I'm there, life will be perfect. :D.

Also, I'm hoping that I may get the chance to meet the guys or be pulled up on stage or something. That'd be sweet. :).

Angela

1. for the tour, there should be some sort of trivia question (nothing too hard, but something a casual fan wouldn't know, like bono's real name) and if you don't know, you can't get in. i'm sick of people only coming for the booze, standing in front of me, then dancing like morons and screaming so i can't enjoy the show.

2. come to memphis again please!!

3. no acoustic songs.

KhanadaRhodes said:
1. for the tour, there should be some sort of trivia question (nothing too hard, but something a casual fan wouldn't know, like bono's real name) and if you don't know, you can't get in. i'm sick of people only coming for the booze, standing in front of me, then dancing like morons and screaming so i can't enjoy the show.

2. come to memphis again please!!

3. no acoustic songs.

I agree with your number 1 :wink: ...

I hope they do do your number 2...

...BUT...
3. no acoustic songs.
!!!!
I think it's great when the guys get together for a mini-set - it's like its 'their' time and they always seem to enjoy it.
Also, we wouldn't get classics played like they did on the last tour - classics like Spanish Eyes, Hawkmoon, Desire, Angel and snippets of Running To Stand Still etc..

Imagine an acoustic version of Bullet - that could be VERY eerie.

1. GA

2. north and south of the river

3. NO love is blindness. ok, this i ought to explain. love is blindness is my very favorite u2 song. i love it so very very much. it is also incredibly emotional. to make my point let me just ask you this: do you ever really think it can fit into a setlist again and maintain it's power? it'll never be like it was zootv again, and i have a hard time thinking of another spot where it would maintain dignity, so i say don't tarnish the masterpiece.

KhanadaRhodes said:
3. no acoustic songs.

AMEN! I can't stand the acoustic set. I'm yet to hear a song sound better acoustically. They're all better when done properly.

1. Come over to my house for dinner some night. We can sit around and talk for hours. I'd really like to hear Bono discuss serious, and not so serious, topics. I have a bottle of Jameson's and all the time in the world.

2. Play arenas next tour and let me get tickets close to the stage.

3. Take care of yourself. Rest, drink lots of water, eat heathfully, baby your voice for years to come.

swandiver said:
1. Come over to my house for dinner some night. We can sit around and talk for hours. I'd really like to hear Bono discuss serious, and not so serious, topics. I have a bottle of Jameson's and all the time in the world.

2. Play arenas next tour and let me get tickets close to the stage.

3. Take care of yourself. Rest, drink lots of water, eat heathfully, baby your voice for years to come.

Ditto all this (well, except for the bottle of Jameson's).

Angela

Axver said:
AMEN! I can't stand the acoustic set. I'm yet to hear a song sound better acoustically. They're all better when done properly.

it's all a matter of taste. i like acoustic. changes things up...seems more personal. you like album stuck in a moment better than acoustic too? that's one song i think acoustic improves it.

i think they need to accoustic part of the concerts just to take a little break, it's hard to go all out on every song every concert

although i agree it isnt my favorite part of the concerts and could do without it

Stories for Boys said:
you like album stuck in a moment better than acoustic too? that's one song i think acoustic improves it.

Hm, well, that one's arguable, but I really wish they'd leave stuff like Stay, SATS, and Desire alone. The first two I've only heard acoustically, and I'd love to hear them performed with the full band.

Chizip said:
i think they need to accoustic part of the concerts just to take a little break, it's hard to go all out on every song every concert

although i agree it isnt my favorite part of the concerts and could do without it

Well other bands (and U2 for a long time) seem to cope quite well without it, though I see what you mean. Personally, I'll probably take the acoustic set as a chance to go visit the toilets.

Back
Top Bottom