daylight savings my ass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this is the worst night of the year. i hate it. except that we get more sunlight. thats nice. oh and summer coming is nice too.

wanderer, i hope you have terrible nightmares that stab at your eyes relentlessly.

but dont wish that on me ok?

------------------
-deathbear

Eat me!

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

i listened to irving plaza show while setting my alarm clock.

Well I was listening to U2 at the time the time change occured.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Freaky Co-ink-wedink wouldn't you say???

wink.gif
:p
rolleyes.gif

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

Okay, so it IS daylight savings time and my computer isn't just mental. I didn't remember, and i woke up this morning and my computer wanted to change my time...I was like, "huh?" but now it's gonna be lighter outside at night! Yay!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

The first song I listened to this morning was "Hallelujah Here She Comes," but that was more for self-medication purposes than anything else.

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

I plan on listening to WGRYWH while changing my clocks (yeah, I haven't done that yet...I'm slow).

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I plan on listening to WGRYWH while changing my clocks (yeah, I haven't done that yet...I'm slow).

Oh...nevermind...Dad already went and did it. Meh.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
this is the worst night of the year. i hate it. except that we get more sunlight. thats nice. oh and summer coming is nice too.

I think the day after should be made a holiday where no work and just play needs done. Losing an hour messes with the equilibrium...

Summer coing is the greatest as always. Nothing beats the summer sun.

Originally posted by Lilly:
Lilly's tid-bit o'the day:

Daylight Savings Time was created by farmers in the 1940s who didn't want their kids going to school when it was still dark out. So logically, just change the time that we pretend it is and then you can go to school in the light!

It doesn't make sense because it gets darker in the morning when you switch the time now. And the opposite in the fall. Maybe he came up with it in the fall though...
biggrin.gif

I love the light but it doesn't feel necessary here because it's light almost all day long here during the summermonths. Doesn't really mater if it gets dark at 10.30pm or 11.30 pm, most days you are asleep at those hours, or about to go to sleep, anyway and it will be light when you wake up.
During the winter though, I would prefer light in the afternoon when you don't have to be at work. so to change it in the fall sucks....

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

my ass: a bubble shaped two-part wonder that is usually friendly and often abused, oft subject to pinching and slapping playfully, but has it's own built in self-defense mechanism that is unmistakeable to any other species.

------------------
I want you to know
That you don't need me anymore...

Homer: 8:58, first time I've ever been early for work. Except for all those daylight savings days. Lousy farmers.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Daylight Savings Time was created by farmers in the 1940s who didn't want their kids going to school when it was still dark out. So logically, just change the time that we pretend it is and then you can go to school in the light!

------------------
"Why do you have to be such a smart ass?" -my mom

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
except that we get more sunlight. thats nice.

Of course we don't actually get more sunlight, its just shifted from morning to evening.
Now its dark again when I haft wake up, which sucks.

Originally posted by Lilly:

I had heard that daylight savings was created by Benjamin Framklin in the 1800s in order to save money on candlewax!

Back
Top Bottom