day of the death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monke

The Fly
today and tomorrow is the days of the death (today children tomorrow everyone else) and i was wondering is there any u2 song to fit the ocation?

I second financeguy's mention of Exit, and I'd like to add that Love Is Blindness is extremely haunting.

I've no idea what the zark this thread is meant to mean, though.

I'd suggest Mothers of the Disappeared, but frankly, I'm not sure if that's appropriate for Day of the Dead.

Axver said:

As far as I know, Day of the Dead is a Mexican festival commemorating the dead.

Axver said:
Day of the Dead down in Mexico (to quote The Church).

They remember the dearly departed on All Soul's Day and All Saint's Day. It's not quite like a funeral, though. It's more like a festival. Happy and upbeat U2 songs should be acceptable for this.

cleazer said:
Happy and upbeat U2 songs should be acceptable for this.

Ah...now I'm confused. I was thinking morbid.

Beautiful Day? Staring at the Sun?

financeguy said:

Ah...now I'm confused. I was thinking morbid.
Here's a very brief website called Common Misconceptions About the Day of the Dead Celebrations
http://www.inside-mexico.com/noes.htm

I've never been down in Mexico for Day of the Dead, so I can't really say for sure what type of music would fit. I've always just assumed typical fiesta/celebration type of music.

The Day of the Dead is not a morbid holiday actually. It's a celebration and basically a get together to honor the lives of the deceased and have a good time. They sell little fake skulls and coffins made of sugar, and have parties in a cemetary sometimes. Lots of other traditions too. Decorating graves with ofrendas. lol. Pretty cool if you ask me. :wink:

Oh and as for music? I really don't know. Seeing as it's a celebration, some good old Cumbia should suffice. AY AY AY! :dance:

yes, day of the dead is more of a "happy" holiday, we dont moan, we celebrate and remember the ones we have lost, and i was looking for some good songs, oh, and anyone who has a chance to try "the bread of the dead" should defenetly try it, its delicious

cleazer said:
Day of the Dead down in Mexico (to quote The Church).

:ohmy:

indra, the rabid Church fan, zeros in on this post.... :D

(you just got bonus points from me, cleazer! :yes: )

indra said:

:ohmy:

indra, the rabid Church fan, zeros in on this post.... :D

(you just got bonus points from me, cleazer! :yes: )
Excellent!
(I don't know how you found this post, though! :laugh: )

I love The Church. They've put out some really beautiful and chilling songs.

cleazer said:
Excellent!
(I don't know how you found this post, though! :laugh: )

I love The Church. They've put out some really beautiful and chilling songs.

I can sense a Church reference from miles away..... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom