David Bowie and Bono duet !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onyourkneesboy

The Fly
Can anyone tell me why this never happened???

Bono is rubbing elbows with all kinds of artists like Mary J. Blige, Wyclef Jean, Alicia Keys, all kinds of R&B/rap/hiphop assholes....

I WANT A REAL BOMB OF A SONG!!!

Record a song with BOWIE, Bono !!!

Well I know that Bowie asked Bono to sing with him during one of his concerts ..they sang G-L-O-R-I-A.... It rocked

I haven't heard "perfect day" I will have to check that out!!

David Bowie :drool: I love that man!

onyourkneesboy said:
Bono is rubbing elbows with all kinds of artists like Mary J. Blige, Wyclef Jean, Alicia Keys, all kinds of R&B/rap/hiphop assholes....

Can you tell me why you think they are assholes? That's not a very nice thing to say.

all kinds of R&B/rap/hiphop assholes....

O.K. O.K., I take that back..... (man, some of you here are hyper-sensitive!):yawn:

"all kinds of great R&B/rap/hiphop singers as good as David Bowie... " (does this sound better?)

onyourkneesboy said:

O.K. O.K., I take that back..... (man, some of you here are hyper-sensitive!):yawn:

"all kinds of great R&B/rap/hiphop singers as good as David Bowie... " (does this sound better?)

There is no such thing as hypersensitivity when a sentiment can be perceived as racially-motivated. Nice attitude, by the way.

HelloAngel said:
There is no such thing as hypersensitivity when a sentiment can be perceived as racially-motivated. Nice attitude, by the way.

Just to be fair, it didn't seem to me that the comment was racially motivated (though, it could've definitely been put a tad more eloquently). I'd imagine the poster just prefers rock music to most other kinds of music and so he'd rather see Bono perform with a rock singer. That's how I took it, at least.

And, despite disagreeing with just about everything else this guy has posted here since he joined, I like this idea. Bono and Bowie collaborating on a song would be just splended. :drool:

Oh, and I've heard the G-L-O-R-I-A duet, and while it's pretty damn good itself (such an energetic performance), something else certainly couldn't hurt. :D

Who said anything about race ? Are you out of your mind?:mad:
Don't try to start up something I wasn't refering to at all !!
I was refering to the music, NOT a race !! So don't be ridiculous!

By the way, my wife has coloured skin !!!! So don't start !

Could I ask a question? Why is it that when someone states that they can't stand rap / hip hop / R&B, it becomes a racial issue? If I said I hate whiny emo, would that mean I hate all white people? No, I didn't think so. Of course, you could come back and tell me, "Oh, but rap is so ingrained into the African American culture that saying you hate rap essentially means you hate African Americans." But that's a load of rubbish.

Some people just don't appreciate that genre because they don't like the music.

there is NOTHING in there about race. the current attitudse towards racisim are quite frankly disgusting. Everything these days is racist. Now not even liking music with more 'black roots' is concieved as being such.

There is so much hypersensitivity these days towards black people, that white people are actually being demonised and turned into a voiceless majority. and that is not racist. in the uk it is cold,hard fact

It's that fact that he called R&B singers and rappers assholes that raised a flag. That's all. If he doesn't like r&b and rap, that is fine by me. I was just curious as to why he called them assholes in order to make his point.

prisz25 said:
Well I know that Bowie asked Bono to sing with him during one of his concerts ..they sang G-L-O-R-I-A.... It rocked

:yes:

I haven't heard "perfect day" I will have to check that out!!

David Bowie :drool: I love that man!

Same here!
And perfect day is quite cool :up:

What's interesting is that onyourkneesboy goes on and on about how U2 should be pushing themselves to do new things and challenge themselves. But when Bono goes out of the realm of rock and sings with one of these "assholes" it's not perceived as challenging. He's going outside of his comfort zone, he works with new artists, and does it for a good cause.

lady luck said:
Same here!
And perfect day is quite cool :up: [/B]

Who sings in "perfect day"??

I agree with BonoVox...Bono has been going out of his comfort zone with who he is singing with....I believe that he is doing a great job in choosing who to duet with especially when doing things for good causes :up:

Did you know that the version of Perfect Day with Bono on was recorded as part of the BBC's annual Children in Need campaign to raise money for kids.

It was only after it was recorded that someone pointed out that Perfect Day is actually all about Lou Reed's addiction to heroin.

A Perfect Day was whenever he could get a hit.

It was too late to change by then though, so that year, the Children in Need song was all about hard drug abuse - classic.

Last edited:
LikeNoOneBefore said:
I adore David Bowie and Bono!

What song do you think they should sing together, if they ever do a duet?

hmmm, has to be a Ziggy Stardust song

Fame! Bowie did it with Lennon back in the day, why not Bono?

Bono and David Bowie doing
Rock & Roll Suicide would be just fantastic!
Either that or perhaps Watch That Man, or the sweet Word on a Wing.

I know that the version with Queen and Bowie can never be replaced, but I would love to hear David Bowie and Bono sing "Under Pressure." :drool: I love that song!

LikeNoOneBefore said:
I know that the version with Queen and Bowie can never be replaced, but I would love to hear David Bowie and Bono sing "Under Pressure." :drool: I love that song!
Unfortunately I really doubt Bono could hit a lot of Mercury's notes.

They could do...

Oh! You Pretty Thing (Larry)
Starman (Edge)
Loving The Alien (Adam)
or
Little Wonder (Bono)

;)

Back
Top Bottom