Daniel Johns, Natalie Imbruglia, Peter Garrett and Bono... - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-12-2007, 02:44 AM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington State
Posts: 3,861
Local Time: 08:26 AM
Yes it did. educate yourself.
__________________

shart1780 is offline  
Old 07-12-2007, 02:47 AM   #82
Refugee
 
jonnytakeawalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: living underground, eating from a can
Posts: 1,233
Local Time: 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man


lol. So it wasnt the horse tranquiliser that did that?

Thats the worst example I have ever seen. I laugh at you. I point and laugh at you.
fuck you marijuna on its own does trigger schizophrenia even if my example doesn't illustrate that

It's amazing the things people go out of their way to defend- illegal, harmful drugs
__________________

jonnytakeawalk is offline  
Old 07-12-2007, 02:48 AM   #83
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,209
Local Time: 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by shart1780
Yes it did. educate yourself.
Please link evidence, I would love to see it...
BVS is offline  
Old 07-12-2007, 02:58 AM   #84
Refugee
 
jonnytakeawalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: living underground, eating from a can
Posts: 1,233
Local Time: 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


Please link evidence, I would love to see it...
do you want evidence that marijuna induces schitzophrenia or that it did in the example that I gave
jonnytakeawalk is offline  
Old 07-12-2007, 03:00 AM   #85
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,209
Local Time: 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jonnytakeawalk


do you want evidence that marijuna induces schitzophrenia or that it did in the example that I gave
You gave quite a specific example, can you back it up?
BVS is offline  
Old 07-12-2007, 03:06 AM   #86
Refugee
 
jonnytakeawalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: living underground, eating from a can
Posts: 1,233
Local Time: 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


You gave quite a specific example, can you back it up?
I said before yes it was no doubt the horse tranquiliser that induced the schitzophrenia in this case but that doesn't dispute the fact that marijuna is still also responsible for inducing schitzophrenia.
jonnytakeawalk is offline  
Old 07-12-2007, 03:15 AM   #87
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,209
Local Time: 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jonnytakeawalk


I said before yes it was no doubt the horse tranquiliser that induced the schitzophrenia in this case but that doesn't dispute the fact that marijuna is still also responsible for inducing schitzophrenia.
How? How does that prove anything about pot?!
BVS is offline  
Old 07-12-2007, 03:19 AM   #88
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 04:26 AM
There are studies that fairly strongly suggest the use of marijuana (especially heavy use) in young people genetically at risk for schizophrenia may trigger the earlier onset of the disease and may make existing schizophrenia worse.

But from what I've read about the research, people who aren't predisposed to schizophrenia aren't going to develop it from smoking pot, especially if they wait until they are adults to do so. It's pretty simple -- if you have a family history of severe mental illness, don't smoke pot. Most others should be just fine.
indra is offline  
Old 07-12-2007, 03:23 AM   #89
Refugee
 
jonnytakeawalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: living underground, eating from a can
Posts: 1,233
Local Time: 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra
But from what I've read about the research, people who aren't predisposed to schizophrenia aren't going to develop it from smoking pot, especially if they wait until they are adults to do so. It's pretty simple -- if you have a family history of severe mental illness, don't smoke pot. Most others should be just fine.
How does anyone know if they're predisposed to schizophrenia?? Even if you don't have a family history of the disease is it worth the risk?? It HAS been medically proven marijuna smokers are twice as likely to develop schizophrenia
jonnytakeawalk is offline  
Old 07-12-2007, 03:35 AM   #90
Blue Crack Addict
 
last unicorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: lost in poetry
Posts: 19,446
Local Time: 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by rihannsu


The hyperness of the adrenaline rush pretty much burns up during the show. The effects of having sustained high levels of adrenaline for a couple of hours manifest in different ways. Bono in particular gets very spacey in the aftermath. The post concert effect is not hyperactivity but often really spaced out rambling incoherence. I think he came off as low key because he was having to work really hard to stay relatively focused for the interview. Time must have been tight for this because they usually let Bono get his head together a bit more after concerts.

Dana
I think most people don't get that you're in an EXTREME state of mind doing a show like that. The tension, the adrenaline, the stress and the relief afterwards have similar effects on your brain to drugs. I am not saying that I totally deny the fact that Bono or any other member of the band has ever taken drugs, I find it very possible, but I wouldn't attribute strange behaviour after a concert to drug use, as there are other factors involved. I am not a performer, but I have gone through situations where I got extremely "high" on adrenaline, almost euphoric, and then came down into a very strange state of mind where I had problems articulating myself. This can lead into depression quite easily.
last unicorn is offline  
Old 07-12-2007, 03:38 AM   #91
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jonnytakeawalk


How does anyone know if they're predisposed to schizophrenia?? Even if you don't have a family history of the disease is it worth the risk?? It HAS been medically proven marijuna smokers are twice as likely to develop schizophrenia
Unless you know nothing about your family history, you should have a clue if there are family members with severe mental illness. Just as if you are at all observent you will know if there are several people in your family who are alcoholics (and so avoid drinking alcohol).

Almost everything in this world can cause some people to have problems. And while in light of the studies linking marijuana and schizophrenia I most likely would steer clear of marijuana if I had a strong genetic link to it (I don't), the research isn't without it's doubters (not stoners either, but real, honest to goodness medical researchers). So it's certainly not a done deal.

And if the percentage of people who develop schizophrenia is a very tiny fraction of the population, then even a doubling of that risk is still tiny. So the "doubling your risk" thing very well may still be extremely small. If you don't want to take that particular risk, you shouldn't. But don't think that you aren't taking loads of risks to your health every day of your life.
indra is offline  
Old 07-12-2007, 03:40 AM   #92
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: slovenija
Posts: 21,029
Local Time: 10:26 AM
Lame name-dropping.
U2girl is offline  
Old 07-12-2007, 04:38 AM   #93
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 57,049
Local Time: 07:26 PM
If someone is going to put horse tranquilizer in a joint, don't buy from them
cobl04 is online now  
Old 07-12-2007, 07:01 AM   #94
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,749
Local Time: 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by last unicorn

I think most people don't get that you're in an EXTREME state of mind doing a show like that. The tension, the adrenaline, the stress and the relief afterwards have similar effects on your brain to drugs. I am not saying that I totally deny the fact that Bono or any other member of the band has ever taken drugs, I find it very possible, but I wouldn't attribute strange behaviour after a concert to drug use, as there are other factors involved. I am not a performer, but I have gone through situations where I got extremely "high" on adrenaline, almost euphoric, and then came down into a very strange state of mind where I had problems articulating myself. This can lead into depression quite easily.
No, we get it. I'm just disagreeing. That doesn't mean I don't get it. All I'm saying is Bono's behavior in that particular interview is very similar to behavior I've witnessed of people after smoking pot. I'm not trying to be offensive. That's just my own conclusion based on my evidence of past experience.

Is there another interview that was done immediately after a performance? Perhaps we could do a comparison in another thread.

Also, after working with concerts, agents, and musicians, it wouldn't surprise me. Many of them certainly don't do shows completely free of substance. I'm not saying U2 are like everyone else, or that everyone is the same. I'm just saying it is a possibility. And it would just make sense to me.
unico is offline  
Old 07-12-2007, 07:02 AM   #95
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,702
Local Time: 05:56 PM
If there was no tranquilizer in the bud, then there wouldn't have been any problem, and we wouldn't be talking about this.

on the subject of U2 and drugs, the book 'The Unforgettable Fire" mentions joints occasionally being passed around after shows during the 80's, although it doesn't give a particular example it would be extremely likely. I don't see the big deal.
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 07-12-2007, 09:47 AM   #96
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
greety's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: smack in the middle of contradiction
Posts: 4,586
Local Time: 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by unico


No, we get it. I'm just disagreeing. That doesn't mean I don't get it. All I'm saying is Bono's behavior in that particular interview is very similar to behavior I've witnessed of people after smoking pot. I'm not trying to be offensive. That's just my own conclusion based on my evidence of past experience.

Is there another interview that was done immediately after a performance? Perhaps we could do a comparison in another thread.

Also, after working with concerts, agents, and musicians, it wouldn't surprise me. Many of them certainly don't do shows completely free of substance. I'm not saying U2 are like everyone else, or that everyone is the same. I'm just saying it is a possibility. And it would just make sense to me.
this one was done a few hours after a gig (on his birthday BTW)


And this one was done at the same event, maybe a little earlier on the night, but after the concert:
greety is offline  
Old 07-12-2007, 10:10 AM   #97
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 57,049
Local Time: 07:26 PM
I don't see the big deal either. I would say there is a very definite chance all of them have at least tried it.

However I don't think Adam's ever touched the stuff..
cobl04 is online now  
Old 07-12-2007, 10:33 AM   #98
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,749
Local Time: 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by greety


this one was done a few hours after a gig (on his birthday BTW)


And this one was done at the same event, maybe a little earlier on the night, but after the concert:
thanks for the vids greety! i'll have to watch when i get home today...lol which will be at around 11pm methinks.
unico is offline  
Old 07-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #99
Blue Crack Addict
 
last unicorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: lost in poetry
Posts: 19,446
Local Time: 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by greety


this one was done a few hours after a gig (on his birthday BTW)


And this one was done at the same event, maybe a little earlier on the night, but after the concert:
Poor Bono, having to do an interview after a show must be really tough. I think I'd kick those peoples' asses.

I especially love the first one, which I already knew, he's so sweet, even though a little shy and maybe scared because the guy is so tall. He looks a bit tired and wasted (was his birthday after all), plus they felt the show wasn't very good.

The second one I have never seen before, thank you so much for posting the links.
last unicorn is offline  
Old 07-12-2007, 11:18 AM   #100
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,702
Local Time: 05:56 PM
Quote:
However I don't think Adam's ever touched the stuff..
Oh, for sure. Dude's always been hell of straight edge.
__________________

The Sad Punk is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×