Dammit, this is the Miami appreciation thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
everyone hates this song.

you're nuts.

this tune fuckin' rocks. it's so avant-garde, and yet breezy...seductive....

larry's playing...awesome!! the sound of him and adam on the "I got 2 new suits..." parts is AMAZING!!!

edge with all his trash guitar sounds....

"surgery in the air"......???

come on...that's great shit.:tongue: :yes: :adam:

well, certainly the city is deserving of some appreciation also.
(just not south beach:madspit: )

but this thread is for the TUNE baby!:cool: :wink:

I really enjoy this song... the lyric and the melody are great... and the production is fantastic. I love it when it kicks in for the screaming "MIAMI!"

there's a song on the new Counting Crows called Miani

That's all

why do so many people write about american city's??

I want a song on the next album called St. John's

we could make somethin beautiful

got two new suits

Miami

greatbonoedgepic.jpg

Oh my god! Yesterday I was riding in my car groovin' to "Miami" and thinking about how so many people here dislike it.

Viva Miami! Great tune! Great thread. Cheers! :up:

"Miami" is so cool!! It really is U2's true funk music -- the wah-wah guitar, the tingling bass, quiet, brushy drums, and Bono's just-rolled-out-of-bed scruffy voice.
I think this song really says something about the time it was created in, in the late '90s Miami became the place to be -- Versace, Madonna, Jennifer Lopez. Movies were being filmed there, music styles were breaking out there, fashion was being influenced by the lifestyle, and it's important to keep track of those things.

I love the rhythms in this song - especially the way Adam and Larry play off each other - very interesting rhythmically, Adam stressing the upbeats, Larry stressing the downbeats - a lot more intricate then your typical rhythm section in a rock song. I've always liked it cause it really doesn't sound like anything else U2 has done, or any other rock band has done for that matter. And the live versions I've heard are all really cool, and work especially well as a segue into Bullet.

How is it that "Miami" became the most hated U2 song? So undeserving! The guys really went out on a limb with that one and totally nailed it. As everyone's pointed out, Adam and Larry are superb -- they work up a truly sinuous groove. But it's above all Bono's triumph -- what a funny, and weirdly moving, lyric. And his singing (almost a rap) is full of surprises, really a virtuoso performance.

Some of the folks who post on this forum are an honest drag, and none moreso than the anti-"Miami" faction. You've got to be deceased to not like this song.

I love "Miami"!!! I think it's a great song!

I once wrote a parody of it about my hometown Menominee...don't know what I ever did with it though.

Granted, the sound is great. Very unique in terms of U2 style. But the lyrics? Come on.
"Miami...my Mammy" - What in the hell is Bono talkin' bout? I think he was sort of lost for words there.

"Hmm..lets see what rhymes with Miami?...Sammy...jammy..mammy..Oh what the hell, lets go with Mammy."
:shrug:

tackleberry said:
Granted, the sound is great. Very unique in terms of U2 style. But the lyrics? Come on.
"Miami...my Mammy" - What in the hell is Bono talkin' bout? I think he was sort of lost for words there.

"Hmm..lets see what rhymes with Miami?...Sammy...jammy..mammy..Oh what the hell, lets go with Mammy."
:shrug:

in case you didn't notice, this thread is for those of us who appreciate miami, not those of us who don't get the analogies.

well lyrics ..it's a song about miami .. it's an americana style fun joke song almost like Trip through your wires .... common people U2 can't talk always about aid to africa , jesus and their souls , shape ! now :lemon: :lemon:

Back
Top Bottom