Dallas Schoo soundchecks "Zoo Station"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zoopop said:
Hey Blue Room, what other songs did U2 rehearse that they didn't play on Elevation tour?

I think it was you who told me about the lottery balls bouncing in the crowd during "The Playboy Mansion" at Popmart.

The only other song that they didnt play on the Elevation tour that I'm aware that they rehearsed was The Unforgettable Fire. But obviously there could have been more they worked on. Also, Two Hearts wasnt done in rehearsal, they worked on that in soundcheck during the tour.

They also sound-checked Playboy Mansion in an Elevation Rehearsal.

Dallas will sound-check a wide variety of songs...when he was on the Springsteen tour he soundchecked With Or With Out You, Mysterious Ways, Jeremy (Pearl Jam), and Sweet Child of Mine (GNR)...so...there ya go!

Mind you, I do think they will play Electric Co. on a regular basis. Zoo Station, Seconds (acoustic), or others like that could be thrown in maybe at a multiple city show.

MikeSt said:
They also sound-checked Playboy Mansion in an Elevation Rehearsal.

Mind you, I do think they will play Electric Co. on a regular basis. Zoo Station, Seconds (acoustic), or others like that could be thrown in maybe at a multiple city show.

When was Playboy Mansion done in rehearsal for Elevation? Just curious.

Also, regarding the other songs, do you have information that indicates this or is it just a guess?

Last edited:
I once read that they tried to add a snippet of The Playboy Mansion after Kite, which makes sense cause both songs have the slide as an important part of it. I'm not sure if that's true though. It would be really cool if they did that someday. :up:

Brazilian Fly - that is true...they did also try to put it into Kite.

Blue Room- yes I do know, Im not like others here who try to extend knowledge that isnt true...sorry couldnt help to knock the recent "Edge" bullshit".....anyway...yeah read several reviews of the TOTP show, and have a few freinds who were there. Seconds is just speculation on my part.

MikeSt said:
Brazilian Fly - that is true...they did also try to put it into Kite.

Blue Room- yes I do know, Im not like others here who try to extend knowledge that isnt true...sorry couldnt help to knock the recent "Edge" bullshit".....anyway...yeah read several reviews of the TOTP show, and have a few freinds who were there. Seconds is just speculation on my part.

So U2 worked on Electric Co at TOTP? I hope your friends are right, it would make the tour for me! I wasnt questioning you like you were full of crap?? LOL :) Just curious where you heard these things or how you knew, thats how you learn things. Also, when did they work on Playboy Mansion for Elevation? I have never heard that before. Where did you guys read this?

the song Seconds does have relevance to today, besides the references to the Atomic bomb and the line "push the button and pull the plug, say good bye." The lyrics about "you can assemble them anywhere" has almost chilling similartiy to terrorism.

I read the Playboy Mansion at the end of Kite thing somewhere, forget exactly where specifically.

Dallas told me they had gone over it - but didnt mention at the end of Kite at that time. dont know exactly what city or stop they actually rehearsed it.

the song Seconds does have relevance to today, besides the references to the Atomic bomb and the line "push the button and pull the plug, say good bye." The lyrics about "you can assemble them anywhere" has almost chilling similartiy to terrorism.

...i was just thinking the same thing.

I have no clue where I read that. It was during the Elevation Tour I think on the old Zootopia. I think fans outside the arena heard them rehearsing but I'm not sure. Man I would love to be at a U2 rehearsal or soundcheck! :drool:

Do you guys seriously think Seconds is going to be played? I just dont see it in anyway and I still think its a stretch to give it relevance today. The song IS about the cold war and it wasnt even a popular non single track in its time. I just dont see where or why people think its going to be done. I wont mind if it is but I think its just some wishful thinking.

Electric Co I can see. They played it on every tour up to Joshua Tree and it was included on UABRS. But Seconds? They only played it on 2 tours and one of them was in support of the album it was on.

Zoo Station would be awesome but dont see where it would fit other than the opener (which will probebly be Vertigo). I'm not trying to be the party pooper here but I just dont think U2 is going to take a radical departure from how they have approached setlists in the past. I think there will be more variety this tour based on what they have said so far. But I think some people are running with that and thinking we are going to see Pearl Jam variety in the setlist. Extremely doubdtful IMO. I would love for them to prove me wrong though!

Blue Room said:
Do you guys seriously think Seconds is going to be played? I just dont see it in anyway and I still think its a stretch to give it relevance today. The song IS about the cold war and it wasnt even a popular non single track in its time. I just dont see where or why people think its going to be done. I wont mind if it is but I think its just some wishful thinking.

I would agree that it is probably wishful thinking, but I don't think it's a stretch to make it relevant (I agree with reasons already given in this thread), and I am not yet willing to rule it out as 100% impossible. If U2 keep the aocustic set (I hope they don't and change the format of setlists), they will probably want to introduce something new to the tour - AOH, SATS, Desire, and Stay have been around for ages. I feel this would be the perfect place to introduce Seconds.

Zoo Station would be awesome but dont see where it would fit other than the opener

You might want to try imagining it following LNOE, live Popmart style. The flow is perfect.

Axver said:

I would agree that it is probably wishful thinking, but I don't think it's a stretch to make it relevant (I agree with reasons already given in this thread), and I am not yet willing to rule it out as 100% impossible. If U2 keep the aocustic set (I hope they don't and change the format of setlists), they will probably want to introduce something new to the tour - AOH, SATS, Desire, and Stay have been around for ages. I feel this would be the perfect place to introduce Seconds.

You might want to try imagining it following LNOE, live Popmart style. The flow is perfect.

I'm not saying there is no way they are playing Seconds. I have no idea what is going through U2's minds right now or what there idea is for the tour. Thats what it depends on. But given their history I'm saying its doubdtful and some people here seem to think its probable and thats a huge stretch IMO. Each their own.

As far as your Zoo Station LNOE scenario, not seeing it, sorry. I doudbt LNOE is going to be done either anyway. But I dont think your "vision" for those songs works. Just my opinion, maybe U2 will agree with you. Seems like a stretch though. I think U2 saying they are going to vary the setlist more this tour is going to cause greater disappointment when there isnt the variety being talked about here. This album appears to be headed for big time publicity and acclaim. That means WAY more casual fans going to concerts (much like Elevation). U2 plays for the masses, which means more HITS. I think the variety may be more of mixing up the order of the songs and not so much a variety of different songs. We will see. I would love for both to happen though.

Last edited:
MikeSt said:
I wouldnt be surprised at all to see Seconds, Zoo Station, Last Night. etc etc...played in sets for multiple city shows

I would be!! :lol:

I guess we are going to have the traditional setlist bitching threads because I think people are setting up for it worse this time than prior tours. Dammit!! No Seconds?? WTF? I can see it already and I have no clue where you guys are getting these songs from? Is there any basis for it? Just all seems to be a shopping list of what YOU would like to hear not what the band might actually play.

Maybe someone should submit a question to "Ask the Edge" if Seconds is gonna get played this tour.
(Sorry couldn't resist)

But I'd be real surprised to see that pop up on a setlist even in Boston or Chicago, the only possibility might be a snippet of the Atomic Bomb lyric tagged on to one of the new songs if the flow was there.

Hewson said:
Maybe someone should submit a question to "Ask the Edge" if Seconds is gonna get played this tour.
(Sorry couldn't resist)

But I'd be real surprised to see that pop up on a setlist even in Boston or Chicago, the only possibility might be a snippet of the Atomic Bomb lyric tagged on to one of the new songs if the flow was there.

Now that was funny! :lol:

I agree though, thats about the only way I could see Seconds turning up. As a snippet tagged onto another song.

I wouldnt bitch about a song not being in a setlist....Im not 3 yrs old. It sjust guessing thats all. and yes we know (about 15 times already) that "in YOUR opinion" it wont be played. we get it already dude.

anyway, back to what this post was about anyway....Dallas.

be expecting the 2nd pt of my Dallas interview soon.

MikeSt said:
I wouldnt bitch about a song not being in a setlist....Im not 3 yrs old. It sjust guessing thats all. and yes we know (about 15 times already) that "in YOUR opinion" it wont be played. we get it already dude.

anyway, back to what this post was about anyway....Dallas.

be expecting the 2nd pt of my Dallas interview soon.

LOL, "dude", I wasnt even directing that at you. No one said you are three but the setlist bitching will happen, guaranteed. I wasnt saying it would be you?? chill.

It is my opinion and I'm using 15 years of touring information, setlists and interviews and questions similiar posed to Edge on prior tours sometimes in person as the basis of that opinion. Like I said, some people are acting like these songs are probable with no basis at all. Thats all I was saying. If Dallas or another crew member said "U2 are rehearsing Seconds" Then there would be a valid basis for it being played. Not, I like the song and it hasnt been done in a while, they will play it. There is going to be some major disappointment if some if these songs are "expected". Could this be the tour they buck prior trends and shock us? Sure, and I would love it. Is that likely? No

Last edited:
:scratch:

" wouldnt be surprised at all to see Seconds, Zoo Station, Last Night. etc etc...played in sets for multiple city shows"

:blahblah:

So I take in this interview Dallas says U2 are working on the above songs??

Last edited:
LOL, ok this is stupid, no reason to argue about it and I agree it is out of hand. So back to the title of the thread. Mike St, I wasnt trying to offend you and I get the impression you think I was busting your balls. Sorry, I honestly was not trying to do that.

Back
Top Bottom