Daily Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
"This is how Bono must feel" a quote for Jon Stewart about the new Pope and how he must have felt when the crowd cheered him for the first time.

SMB

Sense tickets are free, I am thinking of going to the Daily Show May 19th, the day after the U2 concert. I met Lewis Black once. Cool dude.

SMB

i saw that on the daily show tonight- too funny! i actually let out an audible "wooo!" when jon stewart said that line about bono... :eyebrow: yeah, i have problems. :wink:

btw, shawn, i went to see a taping of the 'daily show' last summer- it's really fun, and definitely worth it. highly recommend! :up:

I have been in St. Peter's Square when JP2 was there for an event.... A U2 concert is far far better. Yessah.

SMB

To relfect on what I said last.... I am not saying seeing the Pope sucks.... It is cool.... I just think seeing U2 is better.... I meant nothing bad by that.

SMB

That is cool.

Not really related to the Pope, but the talk of people mentioning U2 at random reminds me-the other day, when I was watching the Weather Channel to see our temperature, they were giving the forecast for the western U.S., and the lady was talking about the weather in Arizona, and she said, "It should be nice for the U2 concert going on tonight there." :D. Thought that was pretty cool.

Angela

I liked when he started singing - "with or without you" and "sunday, holy sunday".

I feel like Bono would make a great guest on the show - wonder if he'd ever go for it!

Shawn Bonneau said:
To relfect on what I said last.... I am not saying seeing the Pope sucks.... It is cool.... I just think seeing U2 is better.... I meant nothing bad by that.

SMB

:laugh: I think he was just trying to give us some idea of the excitement level and what's more exciting than a U2 show! (I must say - he was Irish!)

U2 is just everywhere here at the moment and they aren't even coming here until next year. I haven't heard so much U2 music on the radio for years. Who knows what it will be like when they finally do tour here!
Roll on 2006 :up:

seems like jon has been mentioning bono a lot lately. it's exciting. :laugh:

nothing would make me happier than seeing bono on the daily show.

I really gotta remember to catch "The Daily Show" more often. The few times I've seen it, it's pretty funny, and Jon Stewart seems like a pretty cool guy, really intelligent and everything-why don't I think to watch it more often?

mads said:
nothing would make me happier than seeing bono on the daily show.

That'd be neat :). I also think it'd be quite interesting to have him on that "Real Time With Bill Maher" show.

Angela

Does anybody remember the exact quote? I saw it tonight and want to make it into an away message, but I can't remember Jon's exact wording.

Bono should DEFINTLY do The Daily Show.

HELLO TANZANIA! ARE YOUR READY FOR portable water

I taped the Bono week in review episode and I'm still joking about it and it's been a month:wink:

just caught the show - Bono should really do the daily show
I :heart: Jon Stewart

The previous night's "This Week In God" was amazing too :lol:

potable

LemonMacPhisto said:
HELLO TANZANIA! ARE YOUR READY FOR portable water

I taped the Bono week in review episode and I'm still joking about it and it's been a month:wink:

Not portable, potable . As in, okay to drink.

My favorite part of "Bono Week in Review" was the guy singing "Leemooon" in the intro.

Re: potable

thousandfold said:

Not portable, potable . As in, okay to drink.

My favorite part of "Bono Week in Review" was the guy singing "Leemooon" in the intro.

He breaks into that little voice and it took me a while 2 figure it out:wink:

potato water?
potentable water?
potential water?:wink:

Back
Top Bottom