Curious about opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Z00rop@83

The Fly
i know my answer but im curious to hear a few others as to a few question i pose about U2....

1.) will we ever see a full pop encore?

2.) will lemon ever be played again, full band stay, mofo?

i dont want to hear what people hope for, im really curious as to REALISTIC opinion......

Given certain songs that cropped up very unexpectedly on the Vertigo Tour (An Cat Dubh, The Ocean, Miss Sarajevo), I think the answer to both is "anything is possible".

I think a Pop encore is less likely than people want to think, as it would rely on the show being thematically suited to it - like how Vertigo has its Zoo encore. If a Pop encore does not miraculously show up on the fifth leg, I wouldn't go betting on one for subsequent tours.

I'd be quite willing to believe we'll see a full band Stay one of these days. Lemon and Mofo would be less likely in my opinion; more stuff to be programmed, and in Lemon's case, more troublesome vocals.

The Disciple said:

I've been thinking the same thing...

Zoo Station
Mysterious ways
Even better than the real thing

Back to the question..

I feel the longer u2 put of the pop stuff harder it be to re-introduce them.

I believe lemon be played again but it become a pathetic attempt like bono not singing for the fly ,bad and with or without you.

I can deffinently see EBTTRT being played soon..

If Lemon was ever played, they would play the whole song differently because of Bono's vocals..

I could see them playing HMTMKMKL, but in acoustic but that wouldn't be the highlight of the night just like they did with Desire on the Elevation tour..

Mofo I don't see them playing just because they litterally changed their whole style after that tour...

Stay and Angel Of Harlem I could see them playing but I would see Stay as a slow song.

I hopefully think that they are going to change the intro song, maybe it's going to be an intro song that they havent playing in a while or they haven't played as an intro song...That would be awesome.

the intro song has ALWAYS been off the latest album...I also could see Staring at the Sun possibly coming back, also Gone...I really wanna see how they might change the other songs...could they intensify them as they did with the Fly during Elevation tour

europop2005 said:
the intro song has ALWAYS been off the latest album...

Wrong. Opening with an old song was quite common in the eighties, though it has died out lately.

Boy Tour: 11 O'clock Tick Tock at some shows.
October Tour: A few concerts pre-October's release were not opened by an October song.
War Tour: Out Of Control and Gloria opened all shows.
UF Tour: Only two shows opened by UF songs (Wire once, MLK once). Otherwise, it was mainly 11 O'clock Tick Tock with Gloria and Out Of Control occasionally.
JT Tour: Stand By Me opened some shows.
Lovetown Tour: Streets opened half the concerts, Bullet opened some, In God's Country and Stand By Me both opened one each.
ZooTV: Public dress rehearsal concert on 7 August 1992 opened with Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Popmart, Elevation, and Vertigo all saw a new song open all concerts, though. And all regular ZooTV concerts were opened by Zoo Station.

europop2005 said:
the intro song has ALWAYS been off the latest album...I also could see Staring at the Sun possibly coming back, also Gone...I really wanna see how they might change the other songs...could they intensify them as they did with the Fly during Elevation tour

That is so funny because I said that like 2 months ago I said the exact same thing and Axver proved me wrong:wink:

I believe since they've beengone almost for a year that the setlist is going to really change and I think they won't start with Vertigo or COBL, either that or they're going to do the same exact setlist...Or maybe the new album would unexpectedly come out and they will work one of the new songs in, into the begining..

the original question that was posted wast just meant to involve the 5th leg of the vertigo tour....it was more meant for the future, can anyone honestly see those songs showing up again on a later tour? :sad:

its so weird to see a band COMPLETELY ignore past singles such as HMTMKMKM, stay, lemon, etc....

but play songs like "the first time", miss sarajevo (although i enjoyed it).....

u get the point :huh:

i would kill to see a pop song performed live. *sigh*
ANYTHING. mofo. discotheque. do you feel loved. lemon. if god will send his angels even.

Z00rop@83 said:
i know my answer but im curious to hear a few others as to a few question i pose about U2....

1.) will we ever see a full pop encore?

2.) will lemon ever be played again, full band stay, mofo?

i dont want to hear what people hope for, im really curious as to REALISTIC opinion......

1) Maybe on one of the next tours.

2) Stay probably is the most likely. Mofo probably in the see-above Pop encore. Lemon...I don't know. Only if Edge gets more vocals duties in the following tours and he gets to do the falsetto.

I really doubt it. I think they were considering it but the fact that Disco was dropped killed it.

I tell you though, that when I was at Toronto IV and I heard the opening notes of Pop Muzik I was so shocked!

I was smiling so much because it brought back so many memories as Popmart was my first U2 concert(and first concert overall).

It was great to hear and it's a shame they never brought it back. Awesome would be the only word to use!

Back
Top Bottom