Crumbs Next Tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i highly doubt it, considering it was rare on the tour that supported the album it was on.

I rekon we will hear Vertigo, SYCMIOYO and maybe another song off Bomb on the next tour, and that will be it! Cant see it being Crumbs

Anything's possible.

I second that! I think it's fair to suspect U2 will pull a few tricks out of their sleeves for the future tour, thanks mainly to the Vertigo tour. Especially if you consider we got extreme tour rarities like The First Time and Miss Sarajevo, songs we haven't heard in forever like Electric Co. and An Cat Dubh, and ones we never expected at all- 'Fast Cars', 'Zoo Station', I mean, no one saw Zoostation coming!!! I bet 9 out of 10 of us wouldv'e thought Mofo had a better chance than Zoo Station before the tour started. I say remain excited- I'm holding out for Please, Gone, Dirty Day and HMTMKMKM to all find their way into the setlist at some point, even if for one play :pray::rockon:

I rekon we will hear Vertigo, SYCMIOYO and maybe another song off Bomb on the next tour, and that will be it! Cant see it being Crumbs

I think we see Vertigo and Original of the Species, with the rare appearance of Fast Cars, and perhaps City of Blinding Lights - but that's it from bomb. I think Vertigo is a lock to be played, much like Beautiful Day is. We'll see what the new album sounds like- that will make it much easier to speculate as to the mood and theme of the tour.

I love crumbs and I hope they'll play it next tour. Just the guitar intro alone would sound awesome in a huge stadium :drool:

I like Crumbs a lot
and I do think it has the potential to be a really great live track
sadly though it hasn't been one so far so it'll prolly never be

I think without doubt its the best song on the bomb.

From the bomb, we will see Vertigo, probably a variance of COBL and SYCMIOYO ala Bad and AIWIY from Elevation, and something we don't expect.

I mean, of everything off ATYCLB to play every night, who would have guessed elevation over Walk on, Stuck, Kite, or even new york.

they din't put enough time into getting crumbs right, but it has so much potential, and id love to see it as the'3rd' one played off the bomb for this tour. ABOY is dead, and OOTS is no chance IMO

So pointless. Why play this preachy, plodding hybrid of Walk On & Electrical Storm when they could actually make people happy by playing those songs.

So pointless. Why play this preachy, plodding hybrid of Walk On & Electrical Storm when they could actually make people happy by playing those songs.

'zactly.

This would be like playing a roaring rendition of Wild Honey on the Vertigo Tour. Or Miami on Elevation.

I do like the song, but I can think of several others I'd prefer to hear live before that one.

Hrm. Doubt it. Vertigo and maybe City...

Sometimes... I don't think will ever be played again. I think it was sentimental to Bono and he honored his father by singing it on the Vertigo tour but I think he's done with that song.

^ I agree. But I have the strong feeling they'll have another song like Sometimes, maybe with a different theme, but a song where Bono can show off his vocals on the next tour like he did with Sometimes and Miss Sarajevo, a song that has an operatic part. I'm looking forward to that one and hope it's on the new album.

You know, I would soooo rather hear CRUMBS than Vertigo any day. I hope they keep Miracle Drug, I still love that song.

Is it wrong that I would be happy to not hear Vertigo for another ten years??? It is the most overplayed U2 song of the decade...even more so that Beautiful Day, which for me never loses it's epicness. I hope they bring WALK ON back!!!

You know, I would soooo rather hear CRUMBS than Vertigo any day. I hope they keep Miracle Drug, I still love that song.

I think both Miracle Drug and Crumbs never really worked out live and the band knew it, that's why they dropped these songs from the set so early. OOTS, on the other hand, was fine, I wish they'd performed it more often. As for Vertigo, yes it's totally overplayed, but it's a perfect live song, I think we'll see this one returning. I prefer COBL, especially as the opener, it's magic.

I don't think we will see Crumbs again. The problem with trying to play Bomb songs live is that they lack substance. Miracle Drug, Sometimes, Yahweh, Crumbs and others sound nice but are terribly flat.

On the next tour, Vertigo will be played on every show. City of Blinding Lights will probably appear several times in the middle of the set before or after The Unforgettable Fire. Miracle Drug will probably make a few shows later in the tour. I also have a strange feeling that Man and A Woman will appear once or twice as a Bono/Edge acoustic peice.

I don't think we will see Crumbs again. The problem with trying to play Bomb songs live is that they lack substance. Miracle Drug, Sometimes, Yahweh, Crumbs and others sound nice but are terribly flat.

Disagree, especially Sometimes and OOTS were anything but "flat", the beginning of Miracle Drug was amazing, but the rest of the song wasn't as great live, COBL was the ultimate opener, much better than Vertigo, and the accoustic version of Yahweh was very good as a closer, especially in U2:3D, it was a beautiful version.

On the next tour, Vertigo will be played on every show. City of Blinding Lights will probably appear several times in the middle of the set before or after The Unforgettable Fire. Miracle Drug will probably make a few shows later in the tour. I also have a strange feeling that Man and A Woman will appear once or twice as a Bono/Edge acoustic peice.

I would not be betting on the Unforgettable Fire being played.

Back
Top Bottom