Crumbs from Your Table depreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
namkcuR said:

Yeah, no.

When I Look At The World, In A Little While, New York, Wild Honey > Crumbs, Yahweh

Fixed:

Crumbs, WILATW > New York, Yahweh > Wild Honey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> In A Little While

Axver said:

Fixed:

Crumbs, WILATW > New York, Yahweh > Wild Honey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> In A Little While

I'm going to focus on one part of that: The Crumbs > New York part.

You really believe that?

I just find Crumbs very bland musically(although it's not bad lyrically), whereas I think New York summons the spirit of the 'War' record more than any other song U2 have recorded this decade - and summoning the spirit of 'War' is always a good thing.

The main problem with Crumbs is that, it could've been a great tune with another production, maybe a bit more stripped, something similar to the dvd performance.
The way the song was directed in the album makes the listener think "this could have been made by another boring american band" but waht takes you out of this thought is the lyrics, the very caracteristic chimes and the intention of the song.

namkcuR said:

I'm going to focus on one part of that: The Crumbs > New York part.

You really believe that?

I just find Crumbs very bland musically(although it's not bad lyrically), whereas I think New York summons the spirit of the 'War' record more than any other song U2 have recorded this decade - and summoning the spirit of 'War' is always a good thing.

New York doesn't do much for me. It's musically boring and lyrically terrible. Edge's guitar at the end live was pretty good though. I really don't see what New York has in common with War at all; it doesn't remind me of any of that album's songs whatsoever.

cypress said:
This thread is laughable.

This thread is great, and contains the kind of stuff that makes Interference great, as far as I'm concerned. It's not about the intense personal insults (ok, partly, that is fun), but rather the ability to discuss music openly.

Instead of "Depreciation," however, I'd go with "Dissecting." Makes it seem more scientific and non-biased from the outset.

Goocher100 said:
I personally think Crumbs was a fantastic song and one of the best on the record.

I like Crumbs too. Effective song, I thought. Like it much better than Vertigo. But that's just me.

Goocher100 said:
I personally think Crumbs was a fantastic song and one of the best on the record.

Agreed. I feel it's one of HTDAAB's standout songs, along with LAPOE, COBL, and One Step Closer.

Back
Top Bottom