Crumbs From Your Table and If God Will Send His Angels...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Angels is fucking magical , one of the best vocals of u2's experimental age and lyrically its up there with their best work i think.

vaz02 said:
Angels is fucking magical , one of the best vocals of u2's experimental age and lyrically its up there with their best work i think.

Agreed

And some live versions make it shine even better

About Crumbs , after I saw that perfomance in the DVD , I cant agree with anyone who says it's not a good song . On that perfomance , that raw form , it's fantastic .

Shame it got that bad mixing and all those annoying sounds

If it was like in the dvd , would certainly be in every concert

u2thewho said:
Elvis and Edge both begin witht he letter "E", so Elvis, must play guitar for U2, so Elvis=Bono.

Wait, wait, so Elvis is Chris Martin AND Bono? Well, that explains a lot.

If god will send his angels is pure magic.

The song is in my eyes a lot better then Crumbs. Crumbs isnt bad but not as good as IGWSHA.

The video of IGWSHA is also brilliant, it fits the song perfectly. :wink: :drool:

LemonMelon said:
I don't see how Crumbs and Walk On are similar, and they're always being compared. :huh:

Me neither.

Electrical Storm and Crumbs sound alike to me, though.

Anyway, If god... to me sounds like U2 desperately trying to write the obligatory "U2 love song" but failing.

Crumbs on the other hand, succeeds at writing a good obligatory "U2 political song". It just has the bad luck of sharing similar music to some previous U2 songs.

I can see a Crumbs and Walk On similarity, but no If God Will Send His Angels :wink:

If God... is most definitely a great song, and the outro on the single version gives me chills every time.

Crumbs is alright, the highlight is Bono's satanic octave drop for the "ATE all your friends" line

I can't find any common thing between the two... I love IGWSHA, lyrically and musically, I think it's brilliant. As for CFYT, I like it, the lyrics are good and it has a cute melody. But I don't think they can be compared. For me Angels> Crumbs.

It's the clunkiness of both that unites them...I think they had the potential to be much better songs than they turned out to be.

LemonMacPhisto said:
are both plagued by over-production?

nope, only crumbs :happy:

I think If God... is one of U2's best produced songs, actually. I remember someone started a thread awhile back about U2's best headphones song and said IGWSHA, and I agree.

Both songs are uniquely different because they are referring to two different kinds of help. One being help from God and his angels, the other being help from Bush and his administration.

Oh my God, I've solved the puzzle!

BUSH is GOD and Dick Cheney is one of His many angels!

My work here is done.

Comparing Crumbs and IGWSHA is like comparing my kitchen table to a carton of milk: they are similair because neither of them is any good at tennis

jimjam said:
Comparing Crumbs and IGWSHA is like comparing my kitchen table to a carton of milk: they are similair because neither of them is any good at tennis

quote of the day lol

jimjam said:

:lmao:

jimjam for the win!

jimjam said:

your kitchen table must suck. :no:

mine's named Nadal.

LemonMacPhisto said:

your kitchen table must suck. :no:

mine's named Nadal.

Thanks a lot, LMP. :grumpy: I had a vision of your kitchen table screaming VAMOS! and I nearly killed myself.

Back
Top Bottom