Crumbs From Your Table

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
for the same reason a man and a woman wasnt played?
theres just some songs they choose not to do.
its a pretty good song idk about one of the greatest though

INSTCUWSUMVC011 said:
One of U2's greatest and most under appreciated songs?

Yes. It's in my top three from HTDAAB with COBL and One Step Closer. Not that it would be hard to be a top 3 HTDAAB song.

Also why wasn't it played more live?

I think the primary reason was Bono had some troubles with the vocals. See the infamous 4 October 2005, Boston performance.

Definitely my favorite post-Pop tune of theirs. Well, maybe 2nd to When I Look at the World. I pick odd songs to be my album favorites. :)

I do love Crumbs and so badly wanted to hear it Live.

No spoken words said:
Definitely my favorite post-Pop tune of theirs. Well, maybe 2nd to When I Look at the World. I pick odd songs to be my album favorites. :)

Good choices. I think WILATW is the best song from ATYCLB, and one of the four or so that I can actually be bothered hearing from that album.

I wish I'd heard Crumbs too. They soundchecked it before the 28 May 2005 concert in Boston too!

Axver said:

Good choices. I think WILATW is the best song from ATYCLB, and one of the four or so that I can actually be bothered hearing from that album.

I wish I'd heard Crumbs too. They soundchecked it before the 28 May 2005 concert in Boston too!

You heard One Tree Hill. The end.

I was at the infamous October 4, 2005 performance, less than 15 feet away from Bono.
Let's just say it was an Ashlee Simpson SNL moment. U2 are still awesome, but it made me realize how much "production" goes into any live rock concert.
Since then I've realized how much vocals are altered...I could really tell when I saw the Police at Fenway and the opening cries of Synchronicity II sounded way too much like it was 1983.

One of the best from HTDAAB and has aged very well. I'm tired of Miracle Drug and Sometimes, but I always come back to this one.

Don't know why they didn't give it its time in the spot light, its a good song...kind of tried of hearing Sometimes ALL THE TIME...but its all good I guess

I've heard some live versions, I don't know, it's one of the songs that they weren't really able to pull of live. Obviously they didn't want to play it and dropped it very early. Unlike OOTS, I really didn't miss it.

great song, not really. merely a good one.
for instance: able-table. i expected a character called mabel after that.
in a lack of great songs, it could be put in the box with other great ones

The song has always been a dissappointment for me. I recall it being talked up before release as being an angry song dealing with Africa and so on. I thought to myself "great it will be a really meaty song with musical substance". But then it turned out to be so "sugary" and ultimately overdone that the message is somehow lost. If they are some of Bono's best lyrics then the musical arrangement and production doesn't match. If it was the song it was cracked up to have been then it would have been released as a single.

No spoken words said:

:bow:

Holy crap NSW, with the combination of those sentiments (on both songs), and your signature all on on one post, my respect for your musical tastes just went right off the fucking scale.

:up:

it's a song I truly love listening to
but I don't think it's a truly great song

I might try some day to play it instead of New York on All that you .... to see whether that would work

No spoken words said:
What happened, exactly, on 10/4/05?

We, uh, discovered Bono had a vocal backing track for that song live. He flubbed a line but the backing track sure didn't!

Back
Top Bottom