Creeds current tour second to no other arena tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Noel Gallagher

The Fly
Hah! Lies, all fookin lies! You think that's a rock band? Yeah, and me mum sucks on Creed's arse too. Those boys are a bunch of poser bollocks who just do it fer the money. Full of it, crazy cans. They need the smoke to hide their ugly faces and the fire's for their fookin pyro shit so their fans don't fall over and die. That's crap, man. Don't listen to those knobs--listen to people who know.

------------------
Reporter: Can you sum up Oasis in one word?
Me: ME!

Creed is music for people who don't really like music.

------------------
Earth people, New York to California.
Earth people, I was born on Jupiter.

hootie!

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Just when I think a guitar sound cant' be recycled more..creed comes out with a new album

Originally posted by candyfloss:
Creed is music for people who don't really like music.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

-->Zoomerang96, quit trying to get up people's asses. You know you are just stirring shit. Nice job though.

------------------
I disappeared in you
You disappeared from me
I gave you everything you ever wanted,
It wasn't what you wanted

Originally posted by Angel:
Zoomerang96, quit trying to get up people's asses.

yeah, esp. since it belongs in lemonade stand. and i totally agree with what arun said. the guitar riff in my sacrifice is identical to the one in higher. why the fans haven't noticed this is beyond me.

Sarcasm usually doesn't translate well on the internet......but it does here.

...and Britney RULES!
------------------
N A T E

Does love light up your Christmas tree?
The next minute you're blowing a fuse
and the cartoon network turns into the news...

[This message has been edited by njf77 (edited 02-17-2002).]

U2 has repeated guitar riffs too. Hmmmmmmm... maybe Creed has surpassed U2, or at least close to it...

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

Originally posted by Flying FuManchu:
U2 has repeated guitar riffs too. Hmmmmmmm... maybe Creed has surpassed U2, or at least close to it...

they dont' repeat it for 60 minutes..on teh same cd

Khanada are you going to try out for the new moderator position?

Better watch out bear.

Here is Creed setlist:

"Bullets"
"Freedom Fighter"
"What If"
"My Own Prison"
"Torn"
"Who's Got My Back?"
"One Last Breath"
"Weathered"
"Stand Here With Me"
"With Arms Wide Open"
"One"
"What's This Life For"

Encore:
"Don't Stop Dancing"
"Lullaby"
"Higher"
"My Sacrifice"

16 songs and they call that a fecking concert?!!?!

Originally posted by Sicy:
Khanada are you going to try out for the new moderator position?

Better watch out bear.

LOL!!!!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
When they are 16 heart wrenching epics, yes.

LOL, perfectly put.

ya, ofcourse i was sarcastic. its funny though, how NOONE stands up for them cause they suck so bad.

but then again i still havent been able to figure out a way i could play an a chord with too much distortion over and over again to sell millions of records.

------------------
-deathbear

it was about time someone else agreed with me...

nothing wrong with a few crunchy guitar chords by DA BOMB, tremonti himself... i wish edge would play better, like him. and scott stapp, theres a voice you wont forget. at least he can sing without losing his voice! his lyrics are spectacular in a live setting too...
http://www.billboard.com/billboard/livereviews/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1282871

heres a great review. with weathered still selling like nothing else, expect this album to surpass the joshua tree in american sales. trully the biggest band in the world, no question about it, not to mention one of, if not the best.

i expect a rock and roll induction into the hall of fame from these guys by the end of the year, when you sell as well and have such incredible critical acclaim, theres no saying... i would go as far to say they are the most innovative band, and perhaps bigger ever than the beatles were. cerainly better, if not bigger than the first boy band!

Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead:

Is this a joke Zoom?

whats a "joke zoom?"

whats up these days ye ol' pegger you?

------------------
-Cloyd
-Balls McCone
-Cloyd (again)
-Blattus
-Box Bran-Delle

Actually most people on the Planet could care less about Creed. Outside the USA Creed has only sold a few hundred thousand copies. Many people in Europe still don't know who Creed is. Its only in North America and maybe Australia that Creed is popular. They are way down the list when it comes to the World. Creed like Dave Matthews does not travel well.
Oh and as for the "soldout" tour in the USA, they forgot to mention that the show in Philadelphia did not sell out. Philadelphia is only the 4th largest city in the USA and they were not even selling seats behind the stage. Tickets were cheap to at around 40$.
As far as how good Creed is regardless of the business? They are a Grade C/B early 90s Pearl Jam.

Originally posted by Sicy:
deathbear, your a stupid piece of shit.

seriously, i know we joke around a fair bit, and i do believe we get along well, but is this really necessary?

------------------
-Cloyd
-Balls McCone
-Cloyd (again)
-Blattus
-Box Bran-Delle

I'm not interested in Creed , sound is too familiar ( Pearl Jam for example ) , i enjoy ' my sacrifice ' ,, vocal is dead ( i can't listen to this type ) , thier new album is one dull song

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
is this now the time where...local citizens should be expected to...crack open the skulls of their neighbours aaaaand... feast on the goo inside their heads?

Its possible.

You know exactly what I mean!!!
Can you really like rubbish like Creed??? Bleck!

As for moi, well I'm not a 'Pegger - haven't lived there in 5 years for crying out loud!!

Not really sure what they call someone from Ottawa, though!..Ottawer? Ottawater? Otto?
Otter?
Hmm......

Newspaper reviews from the St.Paul show tell it all. By the way, the 2nd review is from Jim Walsh of the St. Paul Pioneer Press who has written several wonderful articles about U2.

Creed plays to the faithful in sellout concert
Chris Riemenschneider
Star Tribune

Published Feb 17, 2002
Congregations are an essential part of turning non-believers into converts. However, even with a sold-out crowd, Saturday's concert with the vaguely religious and wildly popular Creed proved once and for all that the Florida group is not a Christian rock band, nor is it a very good rock band.

Though it played to 16,000 adoring fans at a moment when it is unequivocally the big kahuna of rockdom, Creed did not rise above its many naysayers' contention that it manufactures angst-flavored bubble gum. Or at least, it didn't make a believer out of this writer.

The last time I saw the band was at Woodstock '99, when it played an afternoon set on a no-frills stage amid a lineup of hedonistic, hard-thrashing metal bands such as Korn and its soon-to-be nemesis Limp Bizkit. That day, Creed was a fish out of water (or mud, rather, which was more prevalent at the '99 event).

On Saturday at Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Creed could not have been more in its element. For one, its new album "Weathered" has been No. 1 for the past two months, and at least one of its harshest critics, Rolling Stone magazine, has the group on its most recent cover.

More to its advantage, it had its own stage, pyrotechnics and crowd. Playing under four giant Roman columns and video screens showing New Agey, eerie images, (the whole thing suggested Spinal Tap with a Tolkien twist), Creed certainly did not shy away from rock-god status in its stage setup. Flames and fireworks shot from the stage during the opening of "Bullets" and "Freedom Fighter," two high-octane rockers. To be certain, anybody thinking they would be getting a straight-laced Christian rock concert had to know otherwise right away.

Unfortunately, all the fiery showiness did not cover up the popular belief that lead singer Scott Stapp still does not have his own identity. The scrappy, hunky frontman looked like a cross between a professional wrestler, Jim Morrison and Jesus himself as he stretched out his arms to the crowd or crouched down in "rock-attack" mode. Worse, he sounded like a hoarse version of Eddie Vedder throughout the show, singing generic anguish lines such as, "I feel angry, I feel helpless, wanna change the world" (from "One").

Stapp might have deserved a break from all the barbs if he did not also come across so cocky. He makes Jon Bon Jovi, another trite keep-the-faith singer, seem humble. Before "With Arms Wide Open," he made a self-congratulatory speech about "rocking from the heart." Before "My Own Prison," the title track from the band's 1997 debut album, he said, "This song is very special to us because it was our introduction to the world." He then added, like James Bond making a move on a vixen, "and I think you know what it is."

For a band that's so popular and visceral, it really did not spawn much frantic reaction until its encore. Granted, people were cheering, especially for the hits, but the show never had that unabashed, ceaseless outpouring that fans give to U2, Pearl Jam or even Bon Jovi. Maybe that's why the group had microphones pointed back at the crowd. The one thing Creed did have going for it was opening band Tantric, which took the imitator theme of the night to new heights by sounding like an even paler, less-inspired version of the headline act.

-- Chris Riemenschneider is at chrisr@startribune.com .

Posted on Mon, Feb. 18, 2002

MUSIC REVIEW: Creed plays it too safe for rock
BY JIM WALSH
Pop Music Critic

Four young men played drums and electric guitars in a hockey arena in St. Paul this weekend in front of a sold-out crowd of 16,000. The concert had flashpots and thrusting fists and two hours of loud noise and sweat.

Rock 'n' roll, right? Uh-uh. Creed.

However you define it in its many incarnations, rock 'n' roll has an element of danger to it, more than a healthy dose of sex, and a feeling of liberation that makes a bubbling cauldron of the joint, which threatens to pop its lid and extend out into the rest of the world. Creed's performance ? as chaste as a church service whose preacher spouts Big Duh messages about Big Questions ? was a Tupperware bowl, unburped.

Singer Scott Stapp named his 3-year-old son Jagger (and pointed to him in the wings near the end of the show), but throughout the concert, Dad's rigid good-boy-next-door hips and squatting (not dancing, heaven forbid) wasn't remindful of Mick Jagger so much as Jackie Chan approaching the commode.

To that end, it's not difficult to see why the Florida band has become so popular and why its latest album "Weathered" has been on top of the charts for the past two months: In an age of heavy rock that tackles complicated themes (System of a Down) and scares parents (Korn, Marilyn Manson), Creed is the safe grunge revivalist you can bring home to Mom and country and church camp.

Stapp, whose messiah complex played out throughout the two-hour show not unlike Billy Graham dressed up like the lead singer from Stillwater in "Almost Famous," thanked the crowd early and often for making Creed so popular. At one point he told them, "So now you live on in the words of a song. You stand here with me now," and introduced several songs by saying, "I think we've all felt the way this next song describes."

But Creed is all tell-don't-show, which makes its sloganeering difficult to fully ingest on a personal basis, the way the best music is. When Stapp sang to the adoring throng, "Children, don't stop believing in light," it was a nice Kodak moment, but wholly undeveloped. When he sang, "What is the truth, tell me the truth," which he finished by saying, "I guess that's something to think about," it brought to mind something Johnny Rotten said at the conclusion of the Sex Pistols' last show: "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"

Undoubtedly, the band and their fans read reviews such as this as having been written by someone of little faith or by a "nonbeliever," which is merely more of the same head-in-the-sand dogma that doesn't fully embrace the ongoing mystery of life. Faith or whatever word you want to use for God or soul or spirituality is an extremely personal work in progress, and to have it sold in slogan-songs or at the concession stand is insulting to the journey itself.

At one point near the end of the show, Stapp gave the predictable sermon about unity after Sept. 11 ? a showman's canned pandering to the flock that instantly felt like comfort food gone stale, just as the chant of "U.S.A.!" that briefly filled the arena felt like a wave of Reddi-wip nostalgia.

Similarly, much has been said about how welcome Creed's chart-topping success has been, amid the superficiality of boy bands and Britney Spears. But that comparison invites the question as to which is more superficial: "meaningfulness" hawked as mass salvation, or pop sold as bubblegum?

Besides, Spears' current hit "A Girl, Not Yet a Woman" is far more interesting ? and more rock 'n' roll ? than anything Creed played Saturday night.

Who: Creed

Where: Xcel Energy Center

When: Saturday night

Capsule: The chart-topping band pandered and sloganeered, but it didn't rock.

WoW, I haven't seen a review that bad for anything U2 has done since PoPmart!

So the consensus is that Creed sucks that bad?? I really wouldn't mind seeing them, with one eyebrow raised. I do like some of their music, but all of the "cockiness" we see in Stapp as pointed out in these reviews and elsewhere make him hard to digest.

Another thing, didn't one of them leave the band and instead of replacing him they just get a fill in for each show? What crap, that is really arrogant.

So if Creed are really this bad, does that mean that so many kids in america are that stupid??

*thinks about that statement for a moment*

*thinks about all of the boy-band brittany bizkit creed success in the charts and radio*

Originally posted by cm:

For a band that's so popular and visceral, it really did not spawn much frantic reaction until its encore. Granted, people were cheering, especially for the hits, but the show never had that unabashed, ceaseless outpouring that fans give to U2, Pearl Jam or even Bon Jovi. Maybe that's why the group had microphones pointed back at the crowd.

Thanks for posting this, cm. I really liked the above part. I feel that at a U2 show, the fans, the band, and especially Bono show an outpouring of love to each other that is unrivalled in the music world. It's nice to see a music critic pick up on that.

And while I'm replying, let me just say, Creed sucks.

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

Back
Top Bottom