Creeds current tour second to no other arena tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
ya i agree completely, but in the exact opposite way... how can a u2 fan possibly like creed? honestly?

flying manchu, you remind me in your posting style at least, of how i think of creed themselves. you keep referring to them as great and magnificent, but thats ok... whats not ok is how fucking high you hold them. you have some valid points about bono and the flags and what not. however, it doesnt take much to realize that creeds music is for the people who like the harder music of today which is being sold as real. i find that to be a farce.

im sure in real, creeds members are nice. but as for their music, which is all i care about anyway, im sick to the teeth of hearing this shit. its all the same, theyve put nothing back into rock, which i think is a rotting piece of shit these days anyway.

whatever, i dont care, im not going to change your mind and your definately not going to change mine.

I really actually agree with you.
icon24.gif

Oh yeah, and
icon14.gif
to Bubba.

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Originally posted by Flying FuManchu:
~ sigh... I leave you a quote from Mr. Stapp himself and hopefully you'll be able to feel these lyrics as other Creed fans have in their hearts. May these words touch you as it has touched others...

Well, by the way you structured your reply, it won't show up here in my reply, but here goes.

First, you assume that I gave the evil eye when I asked my students if they like Creed. Then you assume that my classroom is not conducive to rock-n-roll discussions. I can honestly tell you that you are wrong on both points. My class meets five times a day and all but 5 of my students are kids who took my class last semester. Ergo, my class is a lot like a big family and we all know each other pretty well. The class format is very open and we have a lot of interesting conversations before and after class. Just yesterday we had a debate about Transformers before class.

And no, I didn't give the evil eye when I asked if anyone listened to Creed. I'm a bit more professional than that. My students are brave enough to put their homework up on the board for everyone to see. And they are definitely brave enough to share their favorite bands with the class. After sharing, no one was ridiculed either.

The girl who said all their songs sound the same? She's pretty worldly and U2 happens to be her favorite band. From talking to her, I can tell she doesn't just get her knowledge from listening to the radio.

You have also assumed that all my students listen to TRL music, such as Korn, Bizkit, Eminem, etc. During introductions on the first day of class, everyone shared their names and hometowns, then their favorite bands/musicians. Again, I have a pretty diverse group, but none of them mentioned liking TRL type stuff. More in the realm of jazz music, BB King and Harry Connick. Some like the Strokes, some like singer/songwriter types of whom I'd never heard, I had a vote for Smashing Pumpkins and a few fans of the Beatles and Stones. So please don't assume that my students are less sophisticated than they are.

And as far as missing my point, your replies have shown that you've missed the point of not just my posts, but others' as well.

As for knowing Scott Stapp personally, no I don't. But, and yes I'm making an assumption, neither do you. Seeing him on Behind the Music doesn't count. Maybe you should talk to Achtung Bebe. Someone on this board met him and developed a strong dislike for his personality, and I think it was her.

Again, I wave the white flag. But please, don't assume that my students are cowering little children, afraid of speaking up in class and listening to nothing but Dr. Dre. They're much cooler than you could know.

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

I do not care for Creed. But I do not understand why anyone should have to defend why they like them and why every mention of Creed in this forum turns into a Creed vs. U2 battle. It doesn't have to be a competition. Creed is Creed, they probably love U2 and want to be as big, and that's just fine by me. They have fans. The fans love them just as we love U2. All is good.

Peace.

Back
Top Bottom