Creed taking a heavy hit? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2002, 11:34 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:37 AM
Creed taking a heavy hit?

Last week I was going to post a topic that stated that I thought Creed was going to start to drop fairly quickly because their initial shine was starting to where off and their new song/video was so God-awful.
Well last week they stayed high in the charts and I thought - how stupid of me to think the public actually might be wising up.

But taking a look at hits this week - WOW!
They were number 12 hits chart last week and with 55% of the sales in they are sitting at number 36! Below U2! Now the final numbers aren't in and things are still subject to big changes, but I think we can expect a large drop from our angel wing-wearing, marble-mouthed freaks known as Creed.

Old 03-19-2002, 02:42 PM   #2
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by womanfish:
Last week I was going to post a topic that stated that I thought Creed was going to start to drop fairly quickly because their initial shine was starting to where off and their new song/video was so God-awful.
Well last week they stayed high in the charts and I thought - how stupid of me to think the public actually might be wising up.

But taking a look at hits this week - WOW!
They were number 12 hits chart last week and with 55% of the sales in they are sitting at number 36! Below U2! Now the final numbers aren't in and things are still subject to big changes, but I think we can expect a large drop from our angel wing-wearing, marble-mouthed freaks known as Creed.

As much as we would like to see this happen, with 72% in now, they are up to #19. U2 is at #31. "O Brother.." still at #1. ugh..

aaron

Old 05-11-2002, 09:53 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:37 AM
Creed just makes me laugh now. They are NOT going to last, and anybody who thinks otherwise is seriously kidding themselves.

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com
Old 05-17-2002, 10:26 PM   #4
New Yorker

Three albums that have sold extremely well... I think thats a pretty good career for Creed... IMO they've already made something of a mark in music so to see their record sales go down wouldn't be surprising... who seriously lasts or is able to maintain massive popularity past three albums? Pearl Jam couldn't, Nirvana would not have,...

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC
Old 05-20-2002, 08:21 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

They fit into a genre, that boring heavy rock crap.

their album isn't doing as hot as their last one, which seemed to sit in the top 10 for a whole year.

they cancelled their tour over a "car crash" that has left a lot of fans really wondering about Stapp.

they're through. Unless their next album they show some variety, Creed will be remembered for being a big band for a very short period of time.
Old 06-04-2002, 12:45 PM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:37 AM

Creed won't last because they are so snotty(lack of a better word). They always have their noses up in the air about everything, like they are so much better then everyone else!
Old 06-06-2002, 04:14 PM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

Creed
Old 06-07-2002, 02:09 PM   #8
The Fly

My dog is more creative than Creed. Their songs are so.....un-original. :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P
Old 06-09-2002, 12:17 PM   #9
Banned

Location: my lovenest / in bed with Larry, Bono, Larry, :heart: Adam, Larry, Edge, *swoon* kisses and THUD !!!
Quote:
Originally posted by cosmicgirl
My dog is more creative than Creed. Their songs are so.....un-original.
Old 06-18-2002, 07:39 PM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:37 AM
I don't like Creed but I doubt they're going away any time soon. People thought they'd be gone as soon as they came, and that was back in 1997. Almost 5 years later their albums sell millions and hell their last album stayed #1 for quite a while. I don't think a band that sells that many records is just going to go away all the sudden.

They have a huge fan base and I really don't see them doing anything that is going to piss off their fan base so badly it makes them stop liking them.

But why do you people pay so much attention to Creed and their chart status? Do you have it out for them or something? I don't like them, I think they are boring, but I can't deny the fact that they do make hard rock songs, and their fans find just as much meaning in their songs and lyrics, as much as we do with U2. Sure they're snobby and whatever, what few rock stars aren't? People said the same things about U2 in the 80's.

"Look at them, they take themselves too seriously, who do they think they are, oh look at those god rockers, they have egos!"
Old 06-20-2002, 07:00 AM   #11
Babyface

I fully agree with David..

I dont normally reply to threads debating about bands, but theres a few comments here that are farkin dumb.

Quotes
"They fit into a genre, that boring heavy rock crap."
What!?!?!?! Heavy rock is boring is it?

"Creed won't last because they are so snotty"
LMAO!!!

"Their songs are so.....un-original"
hmm....you reckon?? What album you talking about?

Old 06-20-2002, 12:44 PM   #12
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:37 AM
ummm smilz...do you like creed or not? because david said he didn't so to agree with him you'd have to not like them as well.

oh and btw, i do not believe beal meant all heavy rock is boring, but that there is a new genre where lots of people fit into it. people like creed, staind, and nickelback might fit into it.
Old 06-23-2002, 01:15 AM   #13
Bad Daddy Johnny

It's ok, Scott forgives you.
Old 06-23-2002, 01:52 AM   #14
Babyface

I happen to love Creeds music

I just find it surpriseng so many people try and write them off, there album was at number 1 for 7 weeks or something, and they have no trouble selling out concerts. And have sold 22 million albums in the space of 4 and half years (more than pearl jam I believe, another favourite band of mine).

Im espeicially surprised to see U2 fans writing them off, I mean, u2 realeased an album that was a percieved flop in the eyes of the public and followed it up with a tour that only just broke even (a flop that is still discused today in the press). And there were plenty of posts about how they shouldnt be writen off. I think you can see my point.

Im a massive U2 fan, and actually love pop, but they havent come close to their pre 94 efforts. Although I think Kite is one of the best songs ever =)

KhanadaRhodes I think you got a little muddled up. When you agree with something it usually means you believe it is true. David said he doesnt like Creed, I believe that is true. Im not sure why it now means I have to dislike them as well????
If he had said Creed is a crap band and I agreed with him, then well you would have a point. Thats the difference between stating your opinion and stating a fact.
Old 06-23-2002, 08:46 AM   #15
Bad Daddy Johnny

Actually if you're talking about the numbers, Popmart was more successful than ZooTV. The only thing was that some press gave the perception of it being a failure, but perception is not always reality.
Old 06-23-2002, 07:02 PM   #16
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Smilz
I happen to love Creeds music
that's all i was really wondering. i should've worded my post more clearly.

anyway, i do agree with what you said about nothing comparing to U2's pre-94 efforts. pop is a great album (can't say the same about atyclb though) but it just seems like there's something missing...
Old 06-23-2002, 07:04 PM   #17
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Swallow
Actually if you're talking about the numbers, Popmart was more successful than ZooTV. The only thing was that some press gave the perception of it being a failure, but perception is not always reality.
yes, such as the album itself. if you didn't read the numbers, one might think pop might not have even gone platinum.
Old 07-02-2002, 08:52 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:37 AM
I think with the pop album and the tour, Its all up in the air on whether or not is was good or not because nobody as the same opinion.
Old 07-09-2002, 02:09 PM   #19
The Fly

The only thing I hate about Creed is the way Scott Stapp always looks on the front cover of magazines, as if he's pouting or something. And then their new video is almost exactly like that one from a few years ago. They're getting redundant.

As for U2, I don't know if they're efforts are really up to pre-94 status, but the Elevation tour was the 2nd-bestselling tour of all time.:lemon:
Old 07-09-2002, 07:44 PM   #20
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Spinning Ladies
The only thing I hate about Creed is the way Scott Stapp always looks on the front cover of magazines, as if he's pouting or something. And then their new video is almost exactly like that one from a few years ago. They're getting redundant.
yes. or he's got his christ-like pose, where he's like looking down on all of us like we're his servants or something. i've always wondered why exactly he does it. i'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt that he doesn't think he's some christ-like figure or anything.