Creed discriminates against 30-somethings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2ITNOL

Acrobat
Someone I know from a U2 mailing list belongs to the Creed fan club and just got an invitation email today for a fanclub-only Creed concert in LA Sunday night (email snippet below). Except, if you're 30 yrs old or older, or don't look 18-25, you're not invited! Can you believe this?!! I'm 34 years and not a Creed fan. But I still find this offending and discriminatory! U2 would never pull something like this. Of course, many of U2's fans are over 30, so they'd be eliminating a huge percentage of their audience if they did.
Since this Creed show is in LA, I'm wondering if it's being taped for a tv network? It smells like something MTV would do. But it still doesn't excuse Creed for agreeing to it. They're going to piss off a lot of their fans!

>>>>So if you?re between the ages of 18-30, available between 4-8 pm Sunday 12/2 in Los Angeles, and ready to rock your butt off to Creed performing LIVE, send an RSVP to the e-mail address below! Here?s all the details:

WHEN: Sunday, December 2nd
CHECK-IN TIME: 4:00 pm
AGE RANGE: 18 - 30 (you must look 18 - 25)
<<<<<

LMFAO!

I am from Creed's hometown - the place where everything started, the home of the radio station that got them noticed.. and they have vowed never to play here again .. a town that boasts Florida State University and upwards of 60,000 college kids b/t 3 colleges in this town. So don't feel alienated - they've been all about bullshit from the get-go.

Creed sucks anyway.

------------------
"It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight..."

Just got some clarification on this event Sunday night. It's a VH1 Awards show, not a Creed concert. That explains everything. Networks like MTV and VH1 are always pulling this garbage.

I can't stand Creed!

------------------
I know someday you'll have a beautiful life.
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky
but why, why, why can't it be, oh, can't it be mine?

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Look at it this way: VH1/Creed/whomever is responsible is doing a great service to everyone younger than 18 and over the age of 30. They've been spared Creed in concert.

MAP

That IS offensive and discriminatory-sadly, sometimes the whole world seems to frown upon anyone over the age of 30
rolleyes.gif

Who do they think they are-N'Sync or something?

I think Fred Durst is right about Scott Stapp! Whatever it was he said about him-can't remember right now.

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Originally posted by Zoomeranger:
I was on the roof of MTV studios to watch U2 play last October and they did the same thing. I believe the demographic MTV wanted was 18-24.

Yes-that's MTV for you
rolleyes.gif

I hate to even bring this up *cringe* but that's why everyone thought 'younger' people were put in front in Boston, because originally they heard VH-1 was involved.

MTV is a joke anyway, in my humble opinion.

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

How come VH1 plays more Creed videos, and mentions Creed more than MTV does?

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

creed blows goats.

------------------
"You can download an atmosphere and dial up a groove, but there's a certain magic when three musicians and a dyslexic get together and play in a room." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

creed blows goats.

------------------
"You can download an atmosphere and dial up a groove, but there's a certain magic when three musicians and a dyslexic get together and play in a room." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

Originally posted by U2ITNOL:
Just got some clarification on this event Sunday night. It's a VH1 Awards show, not a Creed concert. That explains everything. Networks like MTV and VH1 are always pulling this garbage.

Funny thing U2itol is that YOU look 25..
Dimon-not messin either..

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
-curious? click
links for
Bono/Dimon-
Bos.4 Story
Pics..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

I agree wtih everyone else, creed sucks. Dont make me get the ear-rape smiley thing going again to display my disapproval
mad.gif

Originally posted by U2Bama:
I thought Creed was from Gainesville?

Creed formed and became famous in, and because of Tallahassee's support, fans, and radio dedication.

Some of the members are from Gainesville, but Creed calls Tallahassee as their stomping ground.

[This message has been edited by HelloAngel (edited 11-28-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom