Creed Cancels Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doctorwho

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
Creed have been forced to cancel the second North American leg of the band's Weathered Tour. Specifically, all previously announced performances beginning tonight in Fargo, North Dakota through May 31 in Selma, Texas have been cancelled. No make-up dates have been announced at this time, however the band looks forward to resuming their touring schedule mid-Summer.

Creed frontman Scott Stapp was in an automobile accident, where his car was struck by another vehicle. Due to the nature of the accident, his body absorbed a sixty mile an hour impact. He has been advised by medical professionals to make this regrettable, but necessary decision as he recuperates.

All tickets for these performances can be refunded at point of purchase.

Source: www.creed.com/resources_press/tour_postponed.html

This got me wondering... what if U2 had to cancel for similar reasons? How would some of you react? And be honest!

*edited coding, not content

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 05-01-2002).]

Honestly, I would be disappointed, of course, but I would be more worried and concerned for the injured band member. My entertainment is not more important than a man's recovery from a serious accident.

I would still bitch about the setlist, however.
wink.gif

------------------

You have fairly generic bunions. --my podiatrist, 4-11-02

Originally posted by martha:
Honestly, I would be disappointed, of course, but I would be more worried and concerned for the injured band member. My entertainment is not more important than a man's recovery from a serious accident.

Originally posted by martha:

I would still bitch about the setlist, however.
wink.gif

Or in this case, the complete lack of a setlist.
biggrin.gif

I just ask because based on the wording of the notice, it doesn't sound like Scott is severely injured - just a bit shaken. Yet concert dates for the next month, if not longer, have been cancelled. Hmmm.... Is Stapp more severely injured than revealed? Is he and/or his doctors being overly cautious? And are they truly caring for the fans when they cancel all these shows and state that there are no plans to reschedule?

Originally posted by doctorwho:
Or in this case, the complete lack of a setlist.
biggrin.gif

I just ask because based on the wording of the notice, it doesn't sound like Scott is severely injured - just a bit shaken. Yet concert dates for the next month, if not longer, have been cancelled. Hmmm.... Is Stapp more severely injured than revealed? Is he and/or his doctors being overly cautious? And are they truly caring for the fans when they cancel all these shows and state that there are no plans to reschedule?

Good questions...It doesn't sound like Scott was severely injured. You would think they would have stated this otherwise...And if U2 has to cancel a tour for any reason, I think they'd probably reschedule.

*resisting the STRONG urge to make a derogatory comment about Creed*

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

there are rumors swirling that its a cover up and being used as an excuse while Stapp goes to rehab for pain killer addiction.

Just my conspiracy theory.

As for U2, as long as the boys are ok I wouldn't mind. I actually thought it would be too dangerous for the band to tour after Sept. 11 and suggested on this forum that maybe they should cancel instead of risking it. [btw, in that case I'm glad they didn't]

I'd be pretty bumed out if U2 had to cancel due to injuries.
I would be more concerned for the members of the band
and their families at that point though...

But I don't understand this one at all. According to the
police he was not injured in the wreck. Read this one from
Billboard:

Police: No Injuries In Creed Wreck

No injuries were reported in a car accident that Creed frontman Scott Stapp cited as the reason for the chart-topping rock band canceling its tour, according to a police report released yesterday (April 30). As previously reported, the band announced it was canceling the second leg of its North American tour so Stapp could recover from injuries he suffered during the accident.

But a report prepared by Orlando, Fla., police officer Lori Fiorino after the April 19 accident said, "No injuries noted." A Creed spokesperson refused to say what Stapp's injuries were. "Scott is not up for doing this tour," the spokesperson said. "Scott got banged up and he can't do the tour. That's the story."

According to the accident report, Stapp was driving in Orlando when his sport utility vehicle was rear-ended by an SUV driven by Suzanne Covey Swisher, 53, of St. Petersburg, Fla., as traffic slowed. Swisher, who was cited for following a vehicle too closely, didn't return a telephone call to her home.

The 20-city tour was scheduled to begin Monday night in Fargo, N.D., and run through May 31. No makeup dates have been scheduled, but the Orlando-based band is expected to resume touring this summer, according to the spokesperson.

I guess if it was Bono in Stapps place....I dunno. Bono has hurt himself before. He performed with a broken arm....which seems to be a lot more than what Stapp suffered.

But with no injuries, well, I think I may have a little problem with cancelling a whole leg of a tour.

SINCE it is Creed though, I'm happy as hell they are not going to finish their tour. Maybe this crash is a sign of things to come for them.

Originally posted by BEAL:
SINCE it is Creed though, I'm happy as hell they are not going to finish their tour. Maybe this crash is a sign of things to come for them.

Here's hoping...Aw, I'm so mean!

------------------

well if hes not even hurt then whats the problem?!

well in all seriousness im glad hes ok, i wouldnt wish harm on anyone.

but kickass!!! the tour is cancelled!!!!!

worst band ever.

anyone else notice the troubling parallels between nickelback creed and default compared to eighties hairbands warrant, slaughter and cinderella?

------------------
-deathbear

I feel bad for Creed fans, just like I'd hope they would feel bad for us if something happened to one of the members of U2. U2 fans have been very fortunate that U2 has never had to cancel any of their tours, but just several dates here and there from Bono having throat problems. The other reason could be that the band don't let Bono drive while on tour...or at least not alone.

Chris

Well, I make fun of Creed a lot, but the truth is I was going to the 5/27 show and I am a bit disappointed. I do hope first and foremost that Scott Stapp is okay and recovers completely. I don't expect there to be any funny business, but then you never know.

Doctorwho's point was a good one; how would we have felt if this happened a year ago to our band?

And, I also noticed it was a woman driver
wink.gif
that rear-ended him
smile.gif
LOL to that but I'm not saying anything okay
biggrin.gif

ANyways, best wishes to Stapp and Creed, and hope to see thim later on in the summer!

Originally posted by david:
Anyone else notice how incredibly boring this period of mainstream rock has gotten? I guess the excitement is waiting to see who will be the next big thing.

Anyways.

I don't like Creed, I think they're pretty boring. It is however, very unfortunate that the singer was in a car accident. There has been too many rock related deaths as of late, and of course the car accident that took the life of Lisa Lopez comes to mind when you think about Scott Stapps accident.

Yeah, I agree with you. I was not a fan of TLC at all, but I was really sad when I heard that Lisa Lopes died. She was WAY too young. I'm glad Scott is okay, but that doesn't change the fact that I think Creed is really boring!

It's SO sad. I cannot think of ONE new rock band that I can see being around 10 years from now...sigh...

PS. Heard somewhere that U2 is Scott's favorite band...

------------------

look at this thread using netscape.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
well if hes not even hurt then whats the problem?!

well in all seriousness im glad hes ok, i wouldnt wish harm on anyone.

but kickass!!! the tour is cancelled!!!!!

worst band ever.

anyone else notice the troubling parallels between nickelback creed and default compared to eighties hairbands warrant, slaughter and cinderella?

I won't say Amen, I'll just say FUCK YEAH!

A friend and I came up up with the complex that all "hardcore/nu-metal/rap rock" bands were really mutated hairs bands. Ratt = Korn.

Anyone else notice how incredibly boring this period of mainstream rock has gotten? I guess the excitement is waiting to see who will be the next big thing.

Anyways.

I don't like Creed, I think they're pretty boring. It is however, very unfortunate that the singer was in a car accident. There has been too many rock related deaths as of late, and of course the car accident that took the life of Lisa Lopez comes to mind when you think about Scott Stapps accident.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

My biggest fear, bigger than Bono being killed in an auto accident or going down in a plane, is the possibility of him being kidnapped by terrorists and held for ransom, or assassinated because of his political endeavours, or because of the mental compacity of a pyscho fan.

------------------

[This message has been edited by david (edited 05-01-2002).]

I went thru this in one of the other "Creed sucks" threads a couple of months ago, comparing the rise and inevitable fall of Creed to that of Poison...the similarities are astounding.

------------------
The joker is the best card.

Originally posted by pub crawler:
Creed is the greatest band of all time and Scott Stapp is a far better singer than Bono.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Seriously...Thanks, man. That's the funniest thing I've heard all day!

------------------

I didn't want this to be a Creed thread (although I know how much Sicy loves Creed threads in this forum!
biggrin.gif
). My goal was to use Creed as an example in the event something like this happened to U2.

For example, what if what happened to Stapp happened to Bono? At first, there would probably be 1000 threads and even more posts wishing Bono well and how we all hope he recovers quickly.

But then, I'm sure when people started to read things like, "there were no injuries" and how Bono was "just shaken up" we might start to wonder. Suddenly, amidst those "get well" threads, there might be a few "uh, why is the tour cancelled if Bono is O.K.?" type of comments.

No doubt those brave souls who asked that question would get beaten at first by the faithful. But it is a valid question. If there were "no injuries" and Bono was just "shaken up" (as is to be expected in even a fender-bender type of accident), would it really be necessary to cancel a leg of the tour - and offer no make-up dates?

In other words, if, God forbid, something like this happened to Bono/U2, I know I'd like a LOT more information that what Creed is revealing. Something just sounds terribly suspicious about them cancelling the tour. Bono's wife gave birth and Bono's father passed away during the last tour - yet the tour continued. Those two events alone are more than enough reason to cancel at least a few dates - but U2 carried on. When Bono's voice is raw and hoarse, U2 carry on. When Adam went on a bender due to his break-up with Naomi, U2 carried on. When Edge went through a divorce, U2 carried on. When Larry's back was killing him, U2 carried on. And let's not forget the fact that Bono was also dedicating ocean's of time to the Drop the Debt campaign while touring - yet U2 carried on.

Clearly, this is very impressive, which is why I think U2's tickets are worth every cent (another thread). But I can't help but wonder what's *really* up with Stapp and what Bono/U2 would do if something similar happened.

Back
Top Bottom