Creed Cancels Tour - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2002, 09:46 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:24 PM
Creed Cancels Tour

Quote:
Creed have been forced to cancel the second North American leg of the band's Weathered Tour. Specifically, all previously announced performances beginning tonight in Fargo, North Dakota through May 31 in Selma, Texas have been cancelled. No make-up dates have been announced at this time, however the band looks forward to resuming their touring schedule mid-Summer.

Creed frontman Scott Stapp was in an automobile accident, where his car was struck by another vehicle. Due to the nature of the accident, his body absorbed a sixty mile an hour impact. He has been advised by medical professionals to make this regrettable, but necessary decision as he recuperates.

All tickets for these performances can be refunded at point of purchase.
Source: www.creed.com/resources_press/tour_postponed.html

This got me wondering... what if U2 had to cancel for similar reasons? How would some of you react? And be honest!

*edited coding, not content

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 05-01-2002).]

Old 05-01-2002, 09:56 AM   #2
Blue Crack Supplier

Honestly, I would be disappointed, of course, but I would be more worried and concerned for the injured band member. My entertainment is not more important than a man's recovery from a serious accident.

I would still bitch about the setlist, however.

------------------

You have fairly generic bunions. --my podiatrist, 4-11-02

Old 05-01-2002, 10:03 AM   #3
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha:
Honestly, I would be disappointed, of course, but I would be more worried and concerned for the injured band member. My entertainment is not more important than a man's recovery from a serious accident.

Old 05-01-2002, 10:08 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by martha:

I would still bitch about the setlist, however.

Or in this case, the complete lack of a setlist.

I just ask because based on the wording of the notice, it doesn't sound like Scott is severely injured - just a bit shaken. Yet concert dates for the next month, if not longer, have been cancelled. Hmmm.... Is Stapp more severely injured than revealed? Is he and/or his doctors being overly cautious? And are they truly caring for the fans when they cancel all these shows and state that there are no plans to reschedule?
Old 05-01-2002, 10:23 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by doctorwho:
Or in this case, the complete lack of a setlist.

I just ask because based on the wording of the notice, it doesn't sound like Scott is severely injured - just a bit shaken. Yet concert dates for the next month, if not longer, have been cancelled. Hmmm.... Is Stapp more severely injured than revealed? Is he and/or his doctors being overly cautious? And are they truly caring for the fans when they cancel all these shows and state that there are no plans to reschedule?

Good questions...It doesn't sound like Scott was severely injured. You would think they would have stated this otherwise...And if U2 has to cancel a tour for any reason, I think they'd probably reschedule.

*resisting the STRONG urge to make a derogatory comment about Creed*

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com
Old 05-01-2002, 10:41 AM   #6
New Yorker

there are rumors swirling that its a cover up and being used as an excuse while Stapp goes to rehab for pain killer addiction.

Just my conspiracy theory.

As for U2, as long as the boys are ok I wouldn't mind. I actually thought it would be too dangerous for the band to tour after Sept. 11 and suggested on this forum that maybe they should cancel instead of risking it. [btw, in that case I'm glad they didn't]
Old 05-01-2002, 11:30 AM   #7
War Child

I'd be pretty bumed out if U2 had to cancel due to injuries.
I would be more concerned for the members of the band
and their families at that point though...

But I don't understand this one at all. According to the
police he was not injured in the wreck. Read this one from
Billboard:

Police: No Injuries In Creed Wreck

No injuries were reported in a car accident that Creed frontman Scott Stapp cited as the reason for the chart-topping rock band canceling its tour, according to a police report released yesterday (April 30). As previously reported, the band announced it was canceling the second leg of its North American tour so Stapp could recover from injuries he suffered during the accident.

But a report prepared by Orlando, Fla., police officer Lori Fiorino after the April 19 accident said, "No injuries noted." A Creed spokesperson refused to say what Stapp's injuries were. "Scott is not up for doing this tour," the spokesperson said. "Scott got banged up and he can't do the tour. That's the story."

According to the accident report, Stapp was driving in Orlando when his sport utility vehicle was rear-ended by an SUV driven by Suzanne Covey Swisher, 53, of St. Petersburg, Fla., as traffic slowed. Swisher, who was cited for following a vehicle too closely, didn't return a telephone call to her home.

The 20-city tour was scheduled to begin Monday night in Fargo, N.D., and run through May 31. No makeup dates have been scheduled, but the Orlando-based band is expected to resume touring this summer, according to the spokesperson.
Old 05-01-2002, 11:41 AM   #8
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I'm so tired of Creed threads in this forum.
Old 05-01-2002, 12:25 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy:
I'm so tired of Creed threads in this forum.
I didn't really want this to be a Creed thread. Rather, I was using Creed as an example - how would we behave if something similar happened to U2?
Old 05-01-2002, 01:40 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:24 PM
I guess if it was Bono in Stapps place....I dunno. Bono has hurt himself before. He performed with a broken arm....which seems to be a lot more than what Stapp suffered.

But with no injuries, well, I think I may have a little problem with cancelling a whole leg of a tour.

SINCE it is Creed though, I'm happy as hell they are not going to finish their tour. Maybe this crash is a sign of things to come for them.

Old 05-01-2002, 01:42 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Ouizy~~~~moves this thread to www.creed.com

(oh yeah, Ouizy is not a moderator.)
Old 05-01-2002, 01:48 PM   #12
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by ouizy:
Ouizy~~~~moves this thread to www.creed.com
lmao.

Old 05-01-2002, 02:23 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by BEAL:
SINCE it is Creed though, I'm happy as hell they are not going to finish their tour. Maybe this crash is a sign of things to come for them.

Here's hoping...Aw, I'm so mean!

------------------

Old 05-01-2002, 02:30 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life

well if hes not even hurt then whats the problem?!

well in all seriousness im glad hes ok, i wouldnt wish harm on anyone.

but kickass!!! the tour is cancelled!!!!!

worst band ever.

anyone else notice the troubling parallels between nickelback creed and default compared to eighties hairbands warrant, slaughter and cinderella?

------------------
-deathbear
Old 05-01-2002, 05:18 PM   #15
Bad Daddy Johnny

Their best career move yet.
Old 05-01-2002, 05:48 PM   #16
Forum Moderator
The Goal Is Soul

I feel bad for Creed fans, just like I'd hope they would feel bad for us if something happened to one of the members of U2. U2 fans have been very fortunate that U2 has never had to cancel any of their tours, but just several dates here and there from Bono having throat problems. The other reason could be that the band don't let Bono drive while on tour...or at least not alone.

Chris
Old 05-01-2002, 05:58 PM   #17
Banned

Location: the innovative mind of Z-EDGE since april 2002, as advertised in april 2002
Local Time: 04:24 PM
Well, I make fun of Creed a lot, but the truth is I was going to the 5/27 show and I am a bit disappointed. I do hope first and foremost that Scott Stapp is okay and recovers completely. I don't expect there to be any funny business, but then you never know.

Doctorwho's point was a good one; how would we have felt if this happened a year ago to our band?

And, I also noticed it was a woman driver that rear-ended him LOL to that but I'm not saying anything okay

ANyways, best wishes to Stapp and Creed, and hope to see thim later on in the summer!
Old 05-01-2002, 10:19 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by david:
Anyone else notice how incredibly boring this period of mainstream rock has gotten? I guess the excitement is waiting to see who will be the next big thing.

Anyways.

I don't like Creed, I think they're pretty boring. It is however, very unfortunate that the singer was in a car accident. There has been too many rock related deaths as of late, and of course the car accident that took the life of Lisa Lopez comes to mind when you think about Scott Stapps accident.

Yeah, I agree with you. I was not a fan of TLC at all, but I was really sad when I heard that Lisa Lopes died. She was WAY too young. I'm glad Scott is okay, but that doesn't change the fact that I think Creed is really boring!

It's SO sad. I cannot think of ONE new rock band that I can see being around 10 years from now...sigh...

PS. Heard somewhere that U2 is Scott's favorite band...

------------------

Old 05-01-2002, 10:39 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:24 PM
look at this thread using netscape.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.
Old 05-01-2002, 11:01 PM   #20
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by david:
look at this thread using netscape.
It's fucked up because someone who's initials are U2 has a weird "from."

------------------

You have fairly generic bunions. --my podiatrist, 4-11-02