Creed Cancels Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do Creed and Stapp's reasons for canceling their tour have to do with U2?

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

Some people question Bono's over-dedication to Elevation. Was U2's continuing on during all of those instances from Adam's to Edge's troubles exemplary and deserving of respect? Some people might say no. We don't know the full story do we, so its hard to comment. Same with Creed.

doctorwho, your most recent post seems like the building up of one band in order to subtly bash another band. Am I wrong in that assumption?

Heck, why is this Creed related post even on this forum? I remember Heathen Chemistry/ Oasis threads being moved and they even had some U2 content.

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

*beats Flying Manchu

biggrin.gif

I can see how this could be seen as a Creed thread - after all, I did mention Creed's tour. And I'll acquiesce that it may seem like I'm insulting Creed and praising U2 by asking the questions I am, but to be very honest, that was not my goal. Rather, I wanted to really know what's going on. What if Bono did this?

Hypothesize U2 cancelling their tour last year citing Bono's accident - where ALL reports indicate that he was unhurt - as the reason. Would we accept it? As I wrote above, I'm sure that at first there would be a 10001 posts wishing Bono and U2 well. But then there'd be a few brave souls who'd question if U2 really had to cancel. Most certainly, those questioning people would be taunted mercilessly by the U2 faithful. But in truth, they would have asked a very valid question. That is, if U2 had cancelled their tour for an apparently "minor" accident, would we accept it? If this was U2 instead of Creed, how would you react?

That is my ultimate U2 question and that is what I was hoping to get from this thread. Also, if others happened to supply more information about Creed/Stapp along the way - to better elaborate upon the situation - that was certainly acceptable. It's not that I'm a Creed fan (and if I was, I wouldn't be posting this question in this forum), but rather, additional information may help me understand how and why ANY band, Creed, U2 or whomever, could do this.

creed sucks big time what kind of person would listen to crapy and fake music like that.i have not yet seen a person who likes creed.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK&ROLL HIGH SCHOOL.
THE RAMONES
i dont want to be a pinhead no more.

Creed is nothing more than a Pearl Jam wannabe. They will go away soon enough. They showed promise with their first album but everything since then lacks and vision. Boring and bland, just like The Calling, Default, etc...

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

dont forget nickel back.
another big suck band.
the singer of that band looks like he got slapped by a yamaca or the whole state of israel.

------------------

THE RAMONES

big bad boring period going on right now.

creed, fuel, the calling, default, tantric, train, nickleback, puddle of mud.

blah.

it just sucks so bad.

i guess i sound old when i say i miss the early 90's.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

ya but ther is some good music going on right now like the HIVES (i told you so) love that song and the guitar riff.the strokes.i also dig the new korn song, that cool loud drum sound very good.nodoubt's new song(hella good) and their video is cool t00.
cant think of any more at the moment.

------------------

THE RAMONES

Well I like them, Creed, and was going to see them live. I don't like them so much that I spend hours at their website, I've never been to a Creed website. I don't have any of their shirts and I only have 2 of their cds.

Their first one was great, and came out when Bizkit and Ko*n ruled the airwaves, so I had to have something new to listen to. And after all, U2's last effort had been PoP-which I'm not knocking but it was lacking and left me disoriented.

So I like Creed enough to go see them and I want to compare them to the 4 U2 shows I seen last year.

I don't care when you all bash Creed, I just hope you don't wish Stapp harm and such.

Also Shaun Vox, I hope this answers your question about what type of person would listen to crap music like this.

Btw, I am really liking Incubus currently. I may go buy their latest cd. Anyone have/recommend it?

Thanx

Yeah there are some good things going on in the mainstream. White Stripes, The Strokes, Incubus, then there are good indie artists like El Gato, Radar Brothers, Super Furry Animals. Promise Ring have a new album coming out and I am looking forward to that, as well as the new Weezer album.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Yeah, I really liked the Strokes when I heard them on SNL. I've been meaning to download some of their songs and possibly buy their CD. If I remember correctly, Bono has mentioned them as one of the new groups that he enjoys.

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Super Furries! Amazing band. I'm sad they didn't come to DC on their recent tour and played in Baltimore the same night Neil Halstead was in DC. The album Mwng is absolutely incredible.

[This message has been edited by meegannie (edited 05-04-2002).]

I just heard that the Strokes were in Teen People's Top 25 Hottest Stars Under 25 or whatever. I still like their cd though.

And, yes, they (along with White Stripes' White Blood Cells album) were on Bono's list of best cds of 2001. Sometimes I think he has really bad taste in music, but those were both good picks.

Originally posted by doctorwho:

Hypothesize U2 cancelling their tour last year citing Bono's accident - where ALL reports indicate that he was unhurt - as the reason. Would we accept it? As I wrote above, I'm sure that at first there would be a 10001 posts wishing Bono and U2 well. But then there'd be a few brave souls who'd question if U2 really had to cancel. Most certainly, those questioning people would be taunted mercilessly by the U2 faithful. But in truth, they would have asked a very valid question. That is, if U2 had cancelled their tour for an apparently "minor" accident, would we accept it? If this was U2 instead of Creed, how would you react?

Again, I would be very disappointed, and probably a little pissed, but everyone reacts to accidents differently. He may really be too shaken up to play. It's not like he works at Walmart; he has to perform every night at the top of his game. He may be a complete pussy, too, and this is a way to weasel out of a tour.

If it were Bono, and he cancelled the tour because he was only shaken up, I think most of us would figure that something else was really wrong, given all that did go on during Elevation and that tour wasn't even postponed.

------------------

You have fairly generic bunions. --my podiatrist, 4-11-02

Back
Top Bottom