Crap song titles by u2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pero said:
An Cat Dubh
Like a Song...
Indian Summer Sky
Running to stand still(not crap but different)
Trip Through You Wires
Hawkmoon 269
Helter Skelter(not theirs, but anyway)
God Part II(part 2 of what??)
Ultra Violet(should only be Light My Way)
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Alex Descends Into a Bottle of Korova Milk
Zooropa
Some Days Are Better Than Others
MOFO
If You Wear That Velvet Dress(should have been just Velvet Dress)
Peace on Earth
Wild Honey
When I Look at The World
Stuck in a moment You Can't Get Out Of
A Man And A Woman
Love and Peace or Else(pacifist to say or else!!Maddox says the truth)
Yahweh
Big Girls Are Best

Those are mine.Don't think that i hate those songs, or titles, they just could be different and in my opinion better

God part II is in reference to the song 'God' by John Lennon.

Pero said:

Alex Descends Into a Bottle of Korova Milk
It's Alex Descends into hell for a bottle of milk (Korova 1)
And it's after Alex in A Clockwork Orange, Korova is the milkbar. I think it was made for a theater play or something?

Oddly, I've always loved the titles Trip Through Your Wires and I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

B

Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car.
The Electric Co.
Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

All songs I like. But the titles? Yeesh!

I'm surprised The Electric Co. has been mentioned. That's a good title.

Elvis Presley And America is a bad one, though. And Babyface is horrible. I forgot about Big Girls Are Best when I made my original post - that's just as bad as The Playboy Mansion.

I don't understand why some people are saying An Cat Dubh. Just because you don't know Gaelic doesn't mean it's a bad title.

Last edited:
Axver said:
I'm surprised The Electric Co. has been mentioned. That's a good title.

Elvis Presley And America is a bad one, though. And Babyface is horrible. I forgot about Big Girls Are Best when I made my original post - that's just as bad as The Playboy Mansion.

I don't understand why some people are saying An Cat Dubh. Just because you don't know Gaelic doesn't mean it's a bad title.

Babyface. I forgot about that one. Good call, Axver.

Grace
The Hands That Built America
A Man and a Woman
Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own
Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of

I'm suprised at how many people dislike without even bothering to figure out what they mean or what they were inspired from.

Numbology said:
Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own
Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of

Yeah, what's with U2 and long song titles? For example, SIAMYCGOO could have simply been called "Stuck in a Moment" or even "Stuck." But nooo, they have to call it Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own... I dunno. It's long, but simply calling it "Sometimes" wouldn't do it justice... wasn't the song originally called Tough though? That might have worked...

I think the worst U2 song title ever is "The Playboy Mansion." I didn't even listen to the song for the longest time just because of the title... then again, I was like 9 when I was listening to Pop, so there ya go :p Other titles that don't do it for me are Acrobat (don't kill me, I love the song, just the title makes me think of a circus), MLK (again, great song, and I love the subject matter, it's just...I dunno, a little too obvious?), Big Girls are Best, If God Will Send His Angels (a little too cliche), Elvis Presely and America, Red Light, and Slug.

I'd also like to nominate all of the grammatically incorrect titles. Most notable of the lot is Where The Streets Have No Name. It should be either Where The Street Has No Name or Where The Streets Have No Names.

Axver said:
I'd also like to nominate all of the grammatically incorrect titles. Most notable of the lot is Where The Streets Have No Name. It should be either Where The Street Has No Name or Where The Streets Have No Names.
:lol: :up:

I was going to say Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of, anyway, but that's grammatically incorrect too...ouch, dangling participle! :yuck:

:grammarfreak:

Zooropa? That's a great song title, easily one of their best... how many bands can pull off a social commentary in just a one word song title alone? :p

I prefer short song titles (and album titles too) for the most part, so many, many of U2's titles bug me. I think they should make a rule for themselves that at least half of the song titles on an album have titles of no more than two words, and none of the rest should have more than five words (and five word titles only sparingly then too!). I don't even want to listen to the song with many of their titles...they are that atrocious. :grumpy:

I have to agree with Acrobat and MLK-great and little less great song but autimaticly i think about circus and milk.
About albums-All that you can't leave behind
too long
-How to dismantle an atomic bomb
like your songs are dismantling an atomic bomb or what.
-Pop
and then Mofo and Discoteque(enough said)

Running To Stand Still is a phenomenal song title. Acrobat is also great.
Crappy ones are Wild Honey, Peace on Earth, A Man and a Woman, Stranger in a Strange Land...

Phommel, i think "Origin of the species" would sound much better. "Original of the Species" doesn't really flow so well. It sounds forced.

Numb1075 said:
Phommel, i think "Origin of the species" would sound much better. "Original of the Species" doesn't really flow so well. It sounds forced.

Charles Darwin's lawyers might have something to say about that one ;)

Back
Top Bottom