"Crap albums"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
U2 have always said that after three crap albums, they would quit. With that in mind, when do you think they should have quit? :wink:

Boy
October
War
Under A Blood Red Sky
UF
WAIA
Joshua Tree
R&H
AB
Zooropa
Passengers
Pop
ATYCLB
HTDAAB

I don't think U2 have done that yet...they've always bounced back after a weak release, but I'm sure some of you will answer differently. :wink:

"Two crap albums and you are out" - Bono

1 - All That You Can't Leave Behind
2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

:|

If they were so crappy ponkine wouldnt have spent the last 2 years trying to bash U2, he would have moved onto another band....some of us wish that he would.

ponkine said:
"Two crap albums and you are out" - Bono

1 - All That You Can't Leave Behind
2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

:|

It's because of people like ponkine that U2 continues to write great music and doesn't have the problem of making bad albums. So thank you ponkine for helping to keep the music fresh and inventive. Because of you U2 won't ever make two crap albums yet alone two in a row. So, thanks!

ozeeko said:
another being they're not the same person

That's where you're wrong. All musicians are ultimately just tiny parts of the whole.

"The whole" = Chris Martin

:wink:

On topic, I don't see anywhere where I'd say U2 should have quit. Their two albums that I consider crap (Achtung and ATYCLB) are both followed by albums that are either a work of art (Zooropa) or satisfactory (HTDAAB). The odd part here is that in album rankings, I rank RAH below Achtung but I don't think RAH is crap - most of the material is brilliant, it's just poorly arranged and presented.

TWO? Ah, crap. :|

Three is more realistic anyway. :wink: Lots of great artists have gone on mediocre tirades, and come back with something good. I guess U2 sets rediculously high standards for themselves. :shrug:

They’ll quit making music before they have two (or three) that THEY consider crap

October wasn't a crap album, but it was their worst.

So even though they've never been out, they should have watched out after releasing that.

lucky they released WAR which was awesome

October is probably the only album the band would want to impropve on if you asked them.

phillyfan26 said:
He says that, but do you think he'd ever call his own album a crap album?

If sales are below expectations he very well might.

Hell, the whole band might even go back to re-record some of the music.

Back
Top Bottom