Could ZooTV Work Again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phillyfan26

Blue Crack Supplier
If U2 did a ZooTV-esque Tour again in this day and age, would it still make sense?

it could be done, but it wouldn't have the same impact it had back in the 90's

with today's technology you can do something bigger and better

Zootlesque said:
What do you mean? The exact same concept?

:no:

Yeah, but imagining it as if they aren't repeating themselves. Would it make more sense now?

I wouldn't want them to do the exact same thing, but with something with the same amount of courage and originality i'd love to see

That tour was all about that moment in history. It was slightly ahead of the curve. It was the future vision of the reality that we now live in. It would not make sense today because it is today, if that makes sense.

Zoo TV was an incredible venture.

After going back to their so called 'stripped down' performances on the elevation tour, and a bigger version of that for Vertigo, I'd like to see something again to totally blow me away.

I can totally understand why after zoo and popmart, they went back to basics, but let's face it, they were both amazing concepts and I'd like to see something similar again.

What U2 needs on the next tour is cars being blown up on stage and Larry's drum kit turning upside down....

and chicks.

Zoo 2? I can see the possibility. Technically, it could obviously be done much better today. The "bombardment of information" theme of that tour is actually in greater force in the world now, with High Definition TV, the Internet, etc.

Whether they'd want to do it is another matter. A big part of Zoo was the aspect of attacking U2's earlier image--a direct contrast like that wouldn't really work today (although Bono's earnest campaigning persona would certainly make an interesting target).

Talk about a return (or rerun) of Zoo may seem far-fetched, but I've been wondering lately if U2 are somehow steering the ship back to the time of Achtung...there was the One duet with Mary J. Blige, and now, we'll finally get the Sydney Zoo show on DVD in the fall.

Maybe I'm crazy to think of this as evidence, however. I missed out on Zoo, so a return to its theme wouldn't be hugely disappointing. :)

I agree about leaving the past the past.

But one thing i want U2 to do is go back to the big stages.

Like ZooTV but even better POPmart. I want too see gigantic screens, the size of a soccer pitch.

I think outdoor shows rock a lot more then indoor, although indoor it's more personal sometimes.

So my list is: Bigger, better stage with huge screens like ZooTV/POPmart.

And more outdoor performances instead of more indoor.

It could be done. I'd love to see it.

Plus, a new music style would be in order for the band. :drool: :drool:

zoo.com/no-way

As someone else said, we are living in both ZooTV and Popmart more than ever before. They were ahead of their time on both counts. I'm all for more creativity and artistry returning to their tours though, in general.

The most experimental things U2 have done as of late are songs like Flower Child, Man And A Woman, and Fast Cars. All three songs are great, but since only one of those songs was an a-side, I really think U2 may be trying to ignore that experimental spirit. :(

Back
Top Bottom