Could you ever see Bono checking himself into rehab?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
Don't flame me for this, but I just saw Billy Joel was in rehab...so many celebrities and most aging rock starts somehow let the drinking and the indulgences get out of hand. Of course, we know Bono LOVES to drink. He was drining vodka out of a water bottle at the grammies. I read an article where he was drinking wine in the afternoon to get rid of his hangover. Now, I know this is a silly topic to discuss when I don't know Bono and have never hung out with him, but do you ever think he drinks to excess and could develop a dependency? What would you think if you found out Bono had checked into rehab? Do you think it ever could happen?

I think that if Bono had a really horrible drinking problem that he wouldn't be able to successfully accomplish as much stuff as he has been.

yea, what Bonochick said

and if he ever needed rehab, he'd get it and tell everybody about it and become an advocate of rehab

and i would be very proud of him

I dont think that Bono would need rehab and if he did I think that he would be the first to say that he did. I think that with a lot of famous people things get blow out of portion to make it sound more interesting.

I could. We all seem to have too much of an angelic image of Bono. He's human, he loves to party. I wouldn't at all be suprised if he did, at least he wouldn't be avoiding getting help.

And besides...alcoholic, Irish, same thing. Dirty micks invented the stuff too.

well, it's a shame billy joel escaped the dark side for 30 years and NOW has buckled.
well, we're all human, and I guess he's at his least poplular since he began.
but I'm not the one who was selling my house in the hamptons to jerry seinfeld.
anyway, if bono thought he did have a drinking problem, I'm sure he'd seek counsel in a priest or the bible first, then maybe go to AA.
hell, adam came clean 9 years ago.
that's amazing really. I don't think I could've done that.
Adam rules.:adam: :yes:

ok, i have a weird question to my own topic....

does going into rehab mean that you're an alcoholic? like, you can never drink again? or does it mean that once you are finished you are ok and you can drink but you won't drink to the excess that you once did?

you're not supposed to touch alcohol again.

Johnny Swallow said:

And besides...alcoholic, Irish, same thing.

wtf is that suppose to mean? Is because of the fact that he is Irsish that means hes an alcoholic. Well I think that is such stereotypical thing for someone to say. Just because a peron is Irish or anything else doent make him or her a drunk, Okay!

For definitions, go to aa.org and take the quiz. You'd be surprised. The fact of drinking and your relationship with alcohol has nothing to do with success, balanced lifestyle or your spiritual life...it has to do with control or your lack of control with alcohol.

It's a very personal situation. And this is one discussion I don't feel that we should have about someone we don't personally know!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes i know Bono drinks, but i think that if there were any alcohol problems, it would have happened by now - i mean, by now i'm guessing he's got it under control. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I dont think Bono has a 'problem'

I dont see that it has ever affected is life in a negative way.

david said:
No, he has religion, structure, and responsibilities in life.

What David said.
One pt tho -Bono has admitted tho that he DOES EVERYTHING TOO MUCH-
I DRINK TOO MUCH:huh:
LOVE TOO MUCH..ect.:huh:

At the end of the day..he is grounded in Religion Family Children ect..:yes:
Those little ones you bring into the world have a way of STABILIZING alot of us "Whack-JOBS"..plus I bet Ali has towed the line like all wonderful sposes do when needed.:yes:
:):)
;)

DB9

fuck no

Diamond and others brought up good points

Me, I am a weekend drunk, thanks to my government;) Not really because my choice not theirs

But :bono: proly would go public if he did-whoever said that was very good

But the boy is alright

and if he ever did go to rehab, I would immediately go check myself into the same center to be his mate

LOL

not funny though, but I dont think he has a prob folks

and btw, we should give :adam: huge props for cleaning up like he has. I thought to myself (as he stood 2 feet in front of me at the autograph line in austin last nov) how healthy and happy he looked

These boys look like they are having the time of their life, I am so proud

Back
Top Bottom