Could someone who knows (was there) explain the Boston DVD sit-down "incident"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
vaz02 said:
Americans seem to always think they are entitled to certain things and they are so hard done to if they dont get there own way.

My 2p

20020613insidetobykeithbh7.jpg

Justice will be served
And the battle will rage
This big dog will fight
When you rattle his cage

And you'll be sorry that you messed with
The U.S. of A.
'Cause we'll put a boot in your ass
It's the American way

20020613insidetobykeithbh7.jpg

photo0604440pm4.jpg

nascarsq0.jpg
hootersrz3.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, but sometimes it gets tiresome trying to play the old "not all Americans are like that" card, and it's easier to just feed into the stereotype.

:wink:

I'm Scotrtish and have lived in America for the past 3 months and I've found everyone to be lovely, so no anti-American sentiments from me! :D

Anyway, nothing much to do with anything but I've only ever been to one U2 show and I was right up on the top tier (front row of it, mind) from where the guys became little black specks, but I still had the best concert night of my life... I guess it's what you make of it sometimes as much as your 'seat'.

Seriously though u2 come to your cities like 3 or more times each leg so you have 3 or more chances to get into a eclipse or even the show , in europe or the rest of the world even we be lucky to see a show and well getting into the eclipse is the last thing on our minds.

vaz02, WE KNOW. We've heard it a million times.

But really, what do you want us to do about it? We can't do a damn thing about it. You want to bitch at someone about it? Tell it to U2.

corianderstem said:
vaz02, WE KNOW. We've heard it a million times.

But really, what do you want us to do about it? We can't do a damn thing about it. You want to bitch at someone about it? Tell it to U2.
It doesnt bother me , it bothers me that people moan about not getting into the eclipse.

In other news

Whats different from the slane set to the boston set ?

is it worth buying boston ( i already ahve slane )

vaz02 said:
Seriously though u2 come to your cities like 3 or more times each leg so you have 3 or more chances to get into a eclipse or even the show , in europe or the rest of the world even we be lucky to see a show and well getting into the eclipse is the last thing on our minds.

:scratch: Eclipse? :wink:

Well, Europe didnt have an ellipse. What they did have was MUCH larger of an area also because of the stadium production. So its comparing apples and oranges. They weren't the same staging or even the same amounts, so how do you know it wouldnt have happened if it had been? Also how do you know it didnt happen at some shows in Europe even with the different staging? Could have easily at some shows. :shrug:

I was disappointed I only got into the Ellipse once, but I don't feel I have a sense of entitlement about it or anything. I was just disappointed (but not so much that it affected my extreme enjoyment of the concerts).

But yeah, in other news ...

I can't remember what's different in the sets off the top of my head (other than New York and Gone both being on the Boston DVD), but I think the Boston DVD is worth buying.

Slane might be better overall, but it's still a U2 show on DVD. :up:

vaz02 said:

It doesnt bother me , it bothers me that people moan about not getting into the eclipse.

In other news

Whats different from the slane set to the boston set ?

is it worth buying boston ( i already ahve slane )

yes, get boston.

Slane - fun, loose
Boston - tight, serious

Enough differences in set, attitude and staging to make it worth your while

I enjoy Slane more, but Boston has Stay and Gone, 2 of my faves

Back
Top Bottom