Could HTDAAB be the best U2 album ever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From another forum:

"Album of the year, hands fucking down. Deal with it bitches

Best track for me was City of Blinding Lights. The album itself sounds like a fucking atomic bomb. It absolutely lives up to what Bono and the band were saying before. This is BY FAR U2's most rocking album ever. Guitar in the forefront and even the ballads rock.

One Step Closer is a good song but City of Blinding Lights and Miracle Drug are just fucking balls out awesome. Cannot wait to hear it live not one weak track on the entire thing.

I only wish I dont have to wait to hear it whenever I want to."

Hope its true

Anyway, to get totally off the chase "The Sun" newspaper (big in the UK & Ireland) has a short review of the album posted in it's centre pages today.

It lists "Miracle Drug" & "Original of the Species" as standout tracks with other notable mentions to "City of Blinding Lights" & one of the other tracks I cant remember (I'm writing this from memory as I read it this morning from a paper I borrowed in work).

It also said that the wighty issue tracks like "Yahweh" & "Crumbs" dont take away from the feel of the album. They also said that "One Step Closer" sounded like something off the passengers soundtrack but good nonetheless.

Now for the important bit, the reviewer gave it marks out of ten. He gave it eleven believe it or not saying that U2 dont do poor & this would be the abum of the year. Not bad, not bad at all....

P.S. Dont ask me to type the review as I'm in work & the papers gone.

I think it's all going to come down to what U2 sound you like.

TJT fans I think are gonna be the one's that'll get the biggest kick out of this new record going by the previews. But I think some fans of the '90's sound may be disappointed. I love TJT a true classic album in every sense of the word, but AB and the rest of the '90's records are the U2 I truly love.

From the previews I just can't read anything in there that makes me think this'll be the U2 record for me, and that'll be a sore one for me after being so disappointed with ATYCLB.

Will it be as great as AB or TJT? who know's need to wait 'til the 22nd of November to see. So I'll sit on the fence until I hear what sounds they're makin'.

Sleep Over Jack said:
From another forum:

"Album of the year, hands fucking down. Deal with it bitches

Best track for me was City of Blinding Lights. The album itself sounds like a fucking atomic bomb. It absolutely lives up to what Bono and the band were saying before. This is BY FAR U2's most rocking album ever. Guitar in the forefront and even the ballads rock.

One Step Closer is a good song but City of Blinding Lights and Miracle Drug are just fucking balls out awesome. Cannot wait to hear it live not one weak track on the entire thing.

I only wish I dont have to wait to hear it whenever I want to."

Hope its true

:hmm: sounds like the poster already heard the songs...

I don't know what to think anymore, at first I thought the album will be like a sped up version of Electrical storm, but Vertigo makes it sound like it will be old-but-experienced U2. Then again, so many reviews bring up JT as comparison.

Maybe this album will be a synthesis of 80's and 90's U2 sound.

No it wasn't a U2 forum..;) I'm waiting to see if the person who wrote that elaborates on what he says he heard..I'll keep you informed ;)

The interesting thing is whether certain critics in the US will think the band are going forward or backward with the "new" sound. And those support it, what their eeasond will be. I remember some saying thay'd give the band the benefit of the doubt last time but wonder if they can successfully keep it up.

This is going to make for some heated critical debate. But I think no one will dis it.

I think if the songs are great, no one will notice if they didn't reinvent the wheel...They just have to drive faster and harder on it than anyone else in history...

:)

Back
Top Bottom