Could All Because Of You be about/for Bono's mom?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Honestly, I think it's about rock and roll. I think he's paying homage to that. All because of Rock and Roll, that who he is.

I think the spirit of Rock and roll can make him "perfect again"

Honestly, I believe it is about his mother. When Bono's mother died, a piece of the pie was missing. His perfect circle was no longer.

"You can make me perfect again" Maybe he belives that his mother can make him perfect again. She is the only piece thast fits. Maybe Bono's inspiration for being an amazing father, husband , humanitarian is his mother. Maybe he truly believes that because of her goodness, he has directed his life in such a way and it's all because of HER.

u2valleygirl said:
Honestly, I believe it is about his mother. When Bono's mother died, a piece of the pie was missing. His perfect circle was no longer.

"You can make me perfect again" Maybe he belives that his mother can make him perfect again. She is the only piece thast fits. Maybe Bono's inspiration for being an amazing father, husband , humanitarian is his mother. Maybe he truly believes that because of her goodness, he has directed his life in such a way and it's all because of HER.

Hmmm, yes, I like this one. :hmm:

It's about God. When Moses asked the burning bush who he was talking to, God replied "I Am". Also, in the New Testement, when the Pharisees asked Jesus who he claimed to be, he said "I Am", and they tried to stone him, because he had claimed to be God.

ABOY is actually one of Bono's most openly gospel songs.

Here's to ambiguity! I've been discussing Hamlet all weekend, so my only conclusion is that there is none. Take of it what thou wilt.

UnforgettableLemon said:
Here's to ambiguity! I've been discussing Hamlet all weekend, so my only conclusion is that there is none. Take of it what thou wilt.

That's what I like about song lyrics (not just U2 songs but from all of those that can write good lyrics) you can have your own interpretation of it and still make sense or relate it to whatever is happening to your life at a certain moment. I don't think it's that easy to write those kinds of songs where you can have a stab at different interpretations and still make sense. This kind of thing just makes me like Bono as lyricist even more. :yes:

I think it is about his mum!!
When you lose someone close to you,it's like part of you is missing!! you feel empty inside,there's this massive whole that no-one can fill, apart from that one person!!
So,i guess what bono means is,that if his mum and/or his dad came back he'd be whole again!!
then again maybe not,what do i know?

Back
Top Bottom